F-Droid

What are your favorite F-Droid apps?

For me it's QKSMS, Clover, Adaway, NewPipe, Lightning Browser, and RadioDroid.

Attached: 200px-F-Droid_Logo_4.svg.png (200x200, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.shvetsov.com/2013/02/access-android-app-data-without-root.html
localhost:631/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

* Syncthing-Fork
Fully up-to-date build of Syncthing-Fork, prefer using it over official builds (they lag behind a fair amount in terms of mobile UI)

* KeePass DX
Paired up with Syncthing to keep my password database updated, works just as well as LastPass and similar services.

* OsmAnd+
Fully offline maps, search, and navigation for when in areas with shit reception.

* Voice
Very straightforward audiobook player. I like it for its really simple interface.

* AntennaPod
Podcast player with a lot of functionality to it, integration with gPodder and what I consider pretty nice interface.

Blokada

Shattered Pixel Dung.

i mean, "Shattered Pixel Dungeon"; half-way decent nethack/rogue knockoff.

there are no other good free android games.

I use DNS66 to block ads. SHould I switch ?

Adaway, Newpipe, Clover and MiMangaNu. Using it for anything else is retarded.

Lichess is good, not on f-droid, but is FOSS.
Puzzles is great. I like recursive runner and bushido blocks as well.
ScummVM is surprisingly well playable on a phone, I played monkey island on it.

Some obscure apps, extremely useful sadly not FOSS
>Rotation control
Bypass auto-rotation, force the screen in any orientation of your choosing.
>Max Control
Turn your screen into mousepad, custom buttons for keyboard shortcut, etc.
>Simple draw
FOSS, self explanatory, you can doodle or use it to take short quick notes, like grocery list.
>MuPDF
Best PDF reader on android IMO.
>Readera
epub reader with great UI and features.
>Bromite
(Chrome - botnet) + adblock

Blokada doesn't require root and is generally much simpler to use, but I'd say it's up to you. It does a good job of killing ads in everything including Play Store apps.

>KISS Launcher
A simple app launcher based around a search engine instead of the retarded panel+grid structure.
>Markor
A text editor with a good file manager and makdown syntax.

Those two are really good ones I got there.

Has anyone got a good music player on F-Droid? I tryed Odyssey for a month but the metadata management is shit.

Markor is pretty good, would recommend

Poland can into space

DNS66 doesn't require root either, is it actually better than DNS66? Crash less, lower CPU usage or something?

F-droidely reminder that lightning hasnt been updated for over a year and has security flaws
Use Fennek F-Droid (Firefox) or Brave (Chromium) instead

Attached: 1537908352598.png (1440x2560, 168K)

Eleven, newpipe, clover, telegram, silence, syncthing, redreader, amaze, firefag klar, maps

It doesn't even come up on my battery usage. Very lightweight, don't think it has ever crashed on me.

Eleven

Vinyl.

>Rotation control
>Max Control
>Simple draw
Thank you I never know I even needed it.

is MiMangaNu better than tachiyomi?

Vanilla Music

I second this

i suck at chess, and puzzle games get boring really quickly

blackplayer

Adaway and Clover.

No, tachiyomi is better.

I have vinyl and vanilla music installed and haven't decided yet which one I like better

Does Blokada deal with YouTube ads in the YouTube app itself?? Including those played in between videos?

I got sokoban it's pretty decent

just use newpipe

>Syncthing
Does it support synching SD card folders? Had that problem with the official app.

Not really F-droid related, but where do I get Firefox apk directly? Does Mozilla offer it anywhere outside the Play Store?

I think the play store is the only place you can get it. There are all those random pajeet sites that host old versions of stuff, but theres no guarantee they're unmodified.

Omnichan or Clover?

Looking for an android rss reader as close to newsboat as possible, preferably on fdroid), any suggestions?

(an alternative would be to run newsboat on an android linux terminal emulator)

What weather app should I use? I was looking at dark sky but I haven't installed it yet

Fennec is the same thing, just use that.

anyone know of a decent lan music player?

I have all my local music at home on a NAS and I want a player for music only, not video, playlist, ratings, im using samba player but its ad ridden and has in purchase options.

clover is better but it's not being updated as much as i'd like. development is active, however.

I can't find Bromite.

it seems like a lot of shit on my f-droid doesn't come up. am I missing repo locations?

post some essential Jow Forums-tier repos a list of good repos to have on f-droid

My DNS66 has been sucking balls lately. Fails to download hosts, turns itself off, fails to block ads, etc. You notice that?

Just swapped in Blokada and seems better already. Just gotta go with what works I guess.

use something like dsub and a subsonic fork

Bromite has its own repo. Get the link from the site and add it to F-droid.

Im using Your local weather

>MuPDF
Document Viewer (F-Droid) is leagues better.

how so?

>QKSMS
It was a slow and bloated piece of shit last I tried it. Silence is definitely better.

I'm still using the old F-Droid apk before they got the new shitty layout. Please tell me there is a fork that fixes this.

Same size than mupdf but covers more ebook formats and has more functions. Check it yourself, is what I use.

Same here. Froze on v0.102.3, can't stand the new retarded layout. Oh, and I like NewPipe but I like WebTube better.

try Tap 'n Turn as a replacement for Rotation Control

Webtube is just a wrapper tho.

Once I've added repos, how to I find and download the apps? The repositories updated but when I use the search function, the apps don't appear.

Never mind it finally updated properly.

flym or sparss both bretty good

In addition to default ones izzyondroid is quite good

I just use forecastie cause it's pretty simple, they all use openweather as source though

How's fairEmail compared to K9?

how can I import my old google voice messages from hangouts into signal or silence

Blokada
Clover
IceCat
RadioDroid
Markor
NewPipe
Equate
Graph 89

There's an launcher called mini desktop launcher (play store) which is basically all your apps on a grid with a search bar (no app drawer, like the first iPhone). Does anyone knows some opensource launcher that is just like this ?

Check out KISS Launcher, not exactly what you want but somewhat similar.

As for my recommendations, I recommend people try "Material Notes" sometime for simple note jotting.

This

Try Hayai Launcher

What's the best DNS option on blokada?

*Flym
RSS reader

*Newpipe
YouTube

* Tachiyomi
Mango/comics

*Clover
Jow Forums

*Slide
Reddit

*RetroArch
Roms

*Libretorrent
Torrents

*Antenapod
Podcast

What is better RSS reader flym doesn't load some feeds?

Any good apps from izzyondroid you'd recommend?

Just use FFUpdater. It's on f-droid.

>What is better RSS reader
Yeah, I've been trying to get away from Inoreader for some time now, recommendations for open-source, free, non self-hosted rss reader (if possible with sync)?

Try YouTube Vanced

Really sucks. I use lightning because it's the fastest browser I've used on a phone

Is bromite ungoogled?

The way he described it its just brave, chromium based ungoogle browser with and adbock and other blocks (js, cookies, https)

Except brave is foss

Bromite is too

Yes, their website. They send you the apk over their email bot.

No

What chromium should I use?

"Simple …" apps in general are god tier.

Ignore him.
Document viewer uses old version of libmupdf, doesn't have text reflow, etc.

Will look into it, thanks.
Yes.
Brave devs are SJW fanatics.
Not simple gallery, it uses the exoplayer which is still bad.

anyone know how I can export my mobile bookmarks from android-chrome to bromite, I mean I could just click on every link and copy and paste, but that would take too long.

Syncing to google accounts, maybe?

FBReader
Tachiyomi
Riot.im
Tusky
Termux
Ghost Commander
Opencamera
Android CUPS Print (wot it sez, lets you print via Linux/BSD/Mac shared printers)

>Android CUPS Print
Neat, how do I set a shared printer using CUPS in GNU/linux?

bromite doesn't have syncing option available or i might be doing something wrong. I logged in with my botnet in bromite but the bookmarks didn't carry over.

>Clover
for Jow Forums
>Newpipe
youtube and soundcloud
>FaceSlim
non botnet facebook client
>Tachiyomi
manga and doujins
>LibreTorrent
torrenting on android
>Adaway
adblock with root
>Blokada
adblock without root
>Yalp Store
downloading gplay apps

blog.shvetsov.com/2013/02/access-android-app-data-without-root.html

My f-droid lists no apps, doesn't list the ones i've installed and will return nothing from searches. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but the problem remains. Picture related. How do i fix this?

Attached: Screenshot_20180927-214641_F-Droid.jpg (1080x1920, 138K)

>FaceSlim
Isn't it just web-browser?

Navigate to localhost:631/ and use the web interface.

I did all that, but it doesn't show up.
It's a HP printer so I used hplip, and I have to fiddle with hplip to get it to work.

There are sharing settings so I suspect you did not.

Yes it uses the same mobile site i used for years but i stoped getting notifications over the browser some time ago and you wont get pic related every time you open the conversations tab also the app has some neat features like better support for desktop messenger on mobile, dark theme (although it's shit) and some other offline and networking options.

Attached: Screenshot_20180927-165316.jpg (1080x670, 104K)

Never mind. I installed it directly from their github and it works now.

Wait, are you suggesting that facebook purposely making their mobile site unusable so you need to download their app?

If it works, it's better than MuPDF. It asks me for Storage permission then fails because it also needs Screen Overlay permission but does not register it anywhere to enable it.