Clover's inconsistent WebM playback due to Floens not using Exoplayer like every other dev does

What is Exoplayer?

>ExoPlayer is an application level media player for Android. It provides an alternative to Android’s MediaPlayer API for playing audio and video both locally and over the Internet. ExoPlayer supports features not currently supported by Android’s MediaPlayer API, including DASH and SmoothStreaming adaptive playbacks. Unlike the MediaPlayer API, ExoPlayer is easy to customize and extend, and can be updated through Play Store application updates.

github.com/google/ExoPlayer

So basically, Google made an open source player backend that is constantly updated and can be used to have comprehensive and high quality media playback (mkv support, etc) in any app regardless of the version of Android you use.

>Newpipe uses Exoplayer
>Simple Gallery uses Exoplayer
>RadioDroid uses Exoplayer
>Transistor uses Exoplayer
>Signal uses Exoplayer
>every open source (and even some closed source) Android app moved to Exoplayer except for Floens Clover app

Here's Floens having to ask the Reddit sync developer how to fix playback issues, and the reddit sync developer just tells him that he moved to Exoplayer long ago! Floens still hasn't put Exoplayer into Clover!

github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/253

Ever run into an issue playing WebM's on Clover? It's because Floens is still using an ancient media backend on Clover while everybody else is using the modern, bug-free-m high quality, Exoplayer backend.

Tell Floens to get off his lazy ass and give Clover good WebM playback with Exoplayer!

Attached: logo.png (192x192, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/253
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SUSE means vagina in Filipino

Why are you not using Dashchan?

Go shill your trash elsewhere

that is shit

it's open source, why don't you do it yourself?

a fine Chan browser, but sadly abandoned
some chans are already broken and no new ones are added

Because it's not free as in freedom.

I don't know what you mean, I can play webms just fine in Clover and I don't think it's ever been an issue. Even on other chans that allow audio.

Clover works fine, quit shilling.

There's no issue playing webm in Clover. The issue is that images and webm take AGES to load. They load even slower than on the web browser!

>tfw Jow Forums doesn't care much about newer and better technology player like Exoplayer that doesn't have any cons whatsoever comparing to legacy player.
Wow.

You are a shyster.

>Simple Gallery uses Exoplayer
And that's why it's shit.

this, how the fuck has floens not heard of buffering

Everything about this site has been shit since Nakamura stepped in.

Can someone tell why Clover still doesn't have meme flags for /pol?
Even shitty mimi app lets you choose flags.

Same reason Clover has shitty webm playback right now.

Well bug the developer about it then. If nothing happens, fork it and do it yourself.

Why don't you implement it and send a PR

Attached: 1460483148690.jpg (762x574, 30K)

>being this retarded

because those flags are retarded just like Jow Forums

WebM playback is perfect in Clover, no need to add bloat.

>WebM playback is perfect
1 out of 50 webms results in a playback error for me. This isn't bloat.

Open bobs and suse

I've literally never received any errors. Faster load times wouldn't hurt though.

>Faster load times wouldn't hurt though.
Exoplayer is literally the fastest webm player right now.

What phone do you have? Bet it's mediatek shit.

Floens has abandoned this project. It's time to move on.

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOENS

Snapdragon 625 nigga.

Does anyone have the issue that some images fail to load on the first try (especially the big ones). You must try to load them multiple times to get it work. Never have any problems loading images on my computer.

Yes and when flipping through webms there's always at least 1 webm that plays sound but the image is black and it says playback error.

Whenever I open a webm in Clover or Fennec my phone kernel panics and reboots. I know it's the fault of the kernel, but it's fucking annoying.

So who do you chose to blame? Obviously, Floens!

>Whenever I open a webm in Clover or Fennec my phone kernel panics and reboots.
Let me guess, you use an old version of Android with a shit rom because you're poor and stupid as fuck and you're scared to install anything else because you're gay as well?

I just installed LineageOS 14.1 on my redmi 1S. It never rebooted with shitty old MIUI.

I literally wrote that I blame the kernel (probably shitty video driver).

>redmi 1S
That was always a shitty phone, user. Buy yourself the latest, most popular Redmi instead.

>images and webm take AGES to load
That's because the load neighbor option is automatically turned on. There should be an option to turn it on and off.

>Ever run into an issue playing WebM's on Clover?
No. It works for me. Fuck off google shill.

Who cares? Clover is still the best Jow Forums app.

no (You)

But it does? I can see a lot of meme flags there.

How do I make Clover stop saving images to internal storage and start saving them to SD?

point it to a folder on your sd

You can't

I can't access those files from within Clover. It's a bit complicated to make an app do this, if I recall correctly.

jesus christ you lazy faggots. Do you think the only purpose of FOSS is to stop the government and corporations from spying from you? If you don't like it, fix it yourself instead of complaining

Attached: linusfuckyourself.png (640x359, 213K)

>fix it yourself
Maybe I would if Floens had bothered to document his crappy code.

The ironing is that foss is the engine that fuels all the spying facebook and jewgle don’t run windows.

>1 out of 50
you can assign an external media player to play webms I tried mpv and it werked both for hardware and software decode
it seems to be more of an issue of retards using special codecs rather than just vp9 it and forget

older android could I think
my solution is ghost commander with one tab on the sdcard the other on the clover folder

setting up an sdcard with ghost commander is odd you need to link it via built-in file manager due to android security fuckery

just work for free dude lol

>you can assign an external media player to play webms
fuck that. he just needs to incorporate exoplayer as the webm player. it's basically designed to play anything you throw at it.

>he just needs to incorporate exoplayer as the webm player.
have you tried opening a ticket on the github suggesting this or do you just want to bitch and moan on Jow Forums?

it's already been done

then either start learning code to contribute, donate to/kidnap and force to code at gunpoint floens or just wait

really? watching video there sucks. looping is broken/slow as fuck

Use Tasker

This is the only true answer. It's open source for a reason, Applel consumer.

Please elaborate. Don't be afraid to show examples.

>watching video there sucks. looping is broken/slow as fuck
works fine for me.

You can see but cannot pick those custom flags.

good

There is no instance in which being able to choose a custom flag isn't beneficial.

fuck custom flags. they ruin the point of flagging.

Only have problems playing gifs on clover (only plays first couple of frames). Webms play perfectly

F L O E N S
L
O
E
N
S

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-215335.png (1080x1920, 47K)

That's a fine mentality until you remember that everyone else can do it regardless. The cat is out of the bag. The milk is spilled. Let them eat cake.

Where I don't see it.

>github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/253
I KNEW IT FLOENS WAS REDDIT TIER

Don't use the dev version.
Stable works well.

Sorry, meant to say should "have been". Clover still doesn't have that function.
The workaround is to disable always load media, but the drawback is you have to tap each webm manually for it to load.

duh

its free as in free work from niggers as long as you whip them enough.

Has always work fine on my machine

1 webm was always worked on my device with clover, don't know what issues you want to fix.
2 Its open source, you can implement it yourself and send a pull request.
3 The app its free and without ads. Can you get any more selfish?

Not that you don't have a valid point, just don't like your approach of blaming everything on the main developer

Attached: the more you know.png (720x405, 285K)

How come most 8cha webms and images don't show
What other image boards can you use with the app

shut the fuck up and get back to work, floens

Doesn't play with Clover.

Works on my chinkphone.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-27-01-19-33-29.png (720x1280, 376K)

Doesn't play in Clover either

Works here

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-132341_Clover dev.jpg (2220x1018, 716K)

Works here again

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-132439_Clover dev.jpg (2220x1018, 601K)

Are you using stable or dev?

Stable F-Droid 3.0.1

Another webm that fails to play on Clover. Sound works. Says failed to play image.

litterally cant unless you're running ancient android version

FLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>phone poster

You and Floens should be permabanned.

All of these work for me. It's just you.

Attached: Screenshot_20180926-133553_Clover dev.jpg (2220x1018, 619K)

Try using clover dev. Stable is outdated last time I checked.

Only if your phone is rooted. Use foldermount or manually make a script to mount bind your internal folder to sdcard.

Another webm that Clover can't play for me.

Sound works but "failed to open image"

I have a 30$ phone and all the webms you post play no problem.

Clover Dev said the same thing. Webm video error. On all the ones I linked. I am using a Snapdragon 625 device.

I don't know what is going on. Clover can't play them but Simple Gallery plays them fine. Simple Gallery uses Exoplayer so I guess Clover does need that for me.

99% of webms work for me except ones like those I linked. I can find more just by swiping on /wsg/.

Dunno, then. My device is using snapdragon 616, even shittier than yours. The other guy also sounds like he's using cheap phone. Maybe Clover only works on shitty phones? Kek.

I'm not sure what part of "it's just you" you don't understand