Have you replaced your coolpasta on your stock cooler, Jow Forums?

Have you replaced your coolpasta on your stock cooler, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_20180926_104425.jpg (920x369, 90K)

yes it increases my dicent lifetime

Reading this post decreased my brain cells' lifetime

Attached: born in this generator.jpg (1242x316, 32K)

yea my now my noodles are as cold as my broth

Memeing aside, is that true?

the stock cooler ensures that your cpu runs faster hot;
it however dries out the coolpasta, destroying your cpu.

AMD is not a great choice if you want a dicent lifetime...

>you
CPU runs faster hot
>faster hot
and dries out the coolpasta
>coolpasta
.And
>.And
That destroys

>dicent

Noctua and CM hiring spics to shill for them

how can it be true user? i mean everyone is talking about how the planet is becoming hot but since the introduction of the ryzen the earth is actually cooling down

coincidence? i think not

I haven't changed thermal paste on any of my CPUs in the last 10 years.
Haven't had a problem.

Top kek I never thought I'd see someone defend Intel's bad coolers .

I've been using the stock (Wraith Spire) cooler on my AMD Ryzen 1500x with the pre-applied for a year now and temperatures are fine, so it doesn't seem that the paste has dried out. I'm running at stock clockspeed.

We had a heatwave here in England a little while ago and I have no aircon, so I had a few issues with my CPU going above 75 degrees when running at 100% for more than five minutes, which was a little worrying, but that hasn't been an issue since the weather got colder. That's the only issue I have had.

It should be noted that the Wraith Spire cooler I got with my 1500x is a far better cooler than the lower-quality "Wraith Stealth" that AMD is now including with even its higher-end CPUs (the stealth has a lot less aluminium to transfer heat away from the processor).
Looks like they're getting cheap with their bundled coolers (not as cheap as Intel, though). I doubt that the Stealth could adequately cool a processor running at 100% (especially the 6 or 8 core Ryzens).

Regarding pre-applied CPU paste drying up: I have heard of pre-applied paste on CPU coolers drying up because the product has been on the shelf too long before being used, so it's a possibility I guess. Most builders on youtube recommend always cleaning off the pre-applied stuff and using aftermarket paste.

Regardless of all this, you can get a decent tower cooler like the Hyper Evo fairly cheap (like £20-£30) and a tube of thermal paste for just a few dollars. They'll out-perform AMD's stock coolers and decent thermal paste like Arctic MX-4 will last 6-8 years. So just get those if you're worried about the stock cooler from AMD.

Attached: Capturerere.png (834x263, 74K)

Intel stock cooler is at least twice as bad

?does cool bear is make the best coolpasta?

>mfw 10 year old laptop
>mfw never changed thermal paste
>mfw people actually fall for the meme

Attached: typist-smile-smug-3583065.jpg (800x533, 66K)

*dicreased

>believes a dictionary
>dictionaries are just textbooks
>believes in text books

and here I was thinking I was the only person who ever got a 1500x.

Attached: brofist.jpg (470x368, 24K)

of course not, dummy. Since 1st gen ryzen AMD CPUs are *WAY* cooler than before. A shitty cooler will do fine for any of them as long as you don't OC, and even OCing 1st gen ryzen will do fine. 2nd gen not so much (they used some cheap paste under the lid).

>overclocking an AMD cpu

Good luck with that shit nigger.

You would probably get 5 degrees Celsius lower CPU temperature if you did, but that's just it.

some come pre-OCd, you don't even have to do it manually.

Not in my experience. Running a 2600x with no issues.
Just make sure to configure the auto-OC shit properly, which my computer was pushing too hard for my taste (not to immediately dangerous levels, not at all, but not worth it for me)
I think that is my mobo's fault, tho. It sets it up that way by default. I just hoped AMD was a little bit more helpful when I consulted them. (I was not familiar with this new feature and I did not know why my temps were high)

I'm pretty happy with it, great processor for the price and good value for money :3

when I switched out the stock cooler on my 1600 (overclocked to 1.3v, usually reaching operating temps of 81c) my coolpasta was pretty dry and it took my close to 45 minutes to remove all of the dried coolpasta residue of off the IHS with isopropyl alcohol and a bunch of coffee filters.