It's been almost 9 years, when will the re-release it

It's been almost 9 years, when will the re-release it

Attached: 1510905902829.jpg (3968x2976, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/chenliangchen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't mind a current phone with a similar form factor. Would love a phone where the keyboard slides out like that. I wouldn't mind paying a bit of a premium either as long as the price is suitable for something you carry around in your pocket all day.

I to like the 1980's typewriter. Computers are for normalfags.

maybe in 11 years

Is Neo900 ever happening?

There's the Neo900 project, but it's struggling because paypal fucked it over a few years ago which caused an important contributor to leave due to being exhausted.
I still use my N900 though. You just need to put in the work to keep it working (thankfully, unlike with the modern day android shit, it's not so difficult to get this done).

shit phone

Never, it was a experiment. Nokia is down in ruins now.
Maybe Chinks will make a new one though.

Neo900 itself is already as outdated as the N900.

It's good enough for what I need it for.
It's only outdated because of the shitshow which is the modern web, but everything is outdated because of it, you can't even get a proper web browser for it.
The N900 still works for all the web browsing I need to do though.

There is a chinese guy currently working on it, he tried to make a keyboard addon for the Moto Z, but that failed. Luckily he is refunding his supporters (it was crowd-funded), AND won't do crowdfunding for the slider-format phone!

twitter.com/chenliangchen

where the fuck is the moto mod

Attached: twarren_motomods7.jpg (800x530, 46K)

If the Neo900 is good enough, than the OG N900 will be good enough also.

I can understand the appeal of a slide-out keyboard, but what's the utility of a landscape keyboard? I'd rather avoid to turn my phone 90° everytime I want to write something

Attached: blackberry keyone.jpg (1600x1068, 180K)

False. I don't believe this even deserves a response but here goes:
Four times the amount of RAM, a faster CPU, 4G, compass, gyro, proper OTG support, NFC and exposing pins for extensions makes a big difference.

>I *NEED* all this meme shit for my pocket GNU/Linux computer
Heh.

Are you actually retarded?
If I'm autistic enough to still use a phone from 2008 to this day and actually write my own fucking software to keep parts of it running, do you really find it so difficult to conceive of the fact that yes, all those features WOULD BE USEFUL?

Just use phone with 3 USB ports

If physical keyboards didn't add girth to a phone I'd be in favor of having them.

There's literally no downside so long as you can also use the on-screen keyboard if you so wish (unlike the first Android phone).

Wait, you want to use it as a phone? Even the N900 turning its day was more like a mobile pocketable computer companion to your actual phone, since it was unintuitive to use as a main phone. Dude calls others retarded.

It has been cancelled due to certain parts not being available in low enough quantities.

I already use the N900 as my only phone, it works fine, stop being a retard.

Apparently Verizon is going to kill off any phone that can't send voice calls over LTE in the coming year as they transition to 5G LTE.

I wonder if other carriers are going to do that shit.

N900 feels.
I really miss it, but I'm a consumerist pig nowadays.
Also fuckin slimming trend, that shit was 16mm-s thick and it was never a problem for me.

I don't live in the US.
I don't think UK carriers are considering doing any of this for a long while and if they do, I'll just move further east.

this phone blows.
my screen got loose 45 days in.

You don't turn it, unless you're making a call you just keep it horizontal.

you got a piece from the first faulty batch. I've had my Keyone for two years and I dropped it multiple times, the screen is still perfect and the phone has no issues

most phone functions need to be done in portrait mode, so it's not really practical

>most phone functions need to be done in portrait mode, so it's not really practical
What? No?
I use a N900 every day and most phone functions are done in landscape mode.

I guess it purely depends on the way you use your phone; as for me, I mainly use my phone for communicating and messaging and I find portrait mode to work better for these functions

Or make a good phone case that has a sliding keyboard

>shorter and shorter wavelengths
>more and more packet loss from signal degridation
Is 4g LTE really not fast enough?

>I guess it purely depends on the way you use your phone; as for me, I mainly use my phone for communicating and messaging and I find portrait mode to work better for these functions
But with the N900 to write a message you need to use the keyboard (unless you're insane enough to use the OSK). And how often do you actually phone people?

>to write a message you need to use the keyboard
....yes? I find most messaging apps to work better in portrait than in landscape mode and I prefer having my my keyboard always there so I don'lt have to flip my phone whenever I type something. See picture, even apps like Clover work much better in portrait mode imo.

>how often do you actually phone people?
Frequency isn't really relevant, but I use it quite a lot

Attached: Screenshot_20180927-164142.png (1080x1620, 218K)

>....yes? I find most messaging apps to work better in portrait than in landscape mode and I prefer having my my keyboard always there so I don'lt have to flip my phone whenever I type something. See picture, even apps like Clover work much better in portrait mode imo.
We're talking about N900 though. None of these apps exist, and if they did, they would be optimised for landscape use. Obviously android apps won't work well with a landscape mode unless they're explicitly designed for it.
>Frequency isn't really relevant, but I use it quite a lot
I mean, it is. Generally I phone people a few times a week and it's unlikely I'll be in the middle of doing text editing when I suddenly need to call someone. The phone interface program automatically runs in portrait mode anyway so it's just a matter of holding the phone differently.

>obviously Android apps won't work well with a a landscape mode
indeed, and this is the main reason why I find portrait mode still to be superior than landscape, not to mention that browsing pages vertically works better than horizontally.

A chink not ripping off gullible Jow Forumsoys and normalfags? What has this world come to?

>Nokia is down in ruins now.
Weird, I am using the best smartphone of 2017 right now and I am pretty sure it's a sign that Nokia is not dead. Also, HMD is in fact Nokia.

>indeed, and this is the main reason why I find portrait mode still to be superior than landscape
And my point is, the only reason you have is that nobody writes apps for that orientation, not because there's anything wrong with that orientation.
>not to mention that browsing pages vertically works better than horizontally.
I disagree, desktop pages work better horizontally, if you view desktop pages on a phone then it works fine.

I meant pages of messaging apps or generic phone apps

Yes, the point is that they work better in portrait mode not because portrait mode is inherently better but because they are designed for portrait mode. If you take a portrait picture and print it in landscape orientation then you'll have the same set of problems, does this mean portrait printing is better? No. But this doesn't mean that landscape printing is better either. The fact is that if you make the claim that portrait is better than landscape then the reasoning for that claim can't be based on problems which exist because people are optimising for one over the other.

ok but as far as things go now a portrait physical keyboard works better than a landscape one

makes me cry everytime...

>Is 4g LTE really not fast enough?
nothings ever good enough for normies
>XYZ+MoreNumbers = Better RIIIIGHH???

How do you comfortably fit a keyboard in that form factor though?
I mean, personally I blame android, but I wouldn't be using it anyway, so for me having a limited set of programs and an open system which I can easily add to and a landscape hardware keyboard far outweigh the benefits of using android crapps comfortably.

tfw the messaging in n900 was the goat

>how do you comfortably fit a keyboard in that form factor though
I can't say much from a technical point of view, because my knowledge is limited, but as a personal note I find the BB Keyone's keyboard to have the right size and shape: the keys may be a little too small for the average adult hand, but they work well in my case since I have little and thing fingers; secondly, the size of the keyboard is good for me because I can reach any key easily using my thumbs and I can safely touch type without making too many mistakes, like I'm doing right now. On a landscape keyboard I guess it would be hard for me to reach any key comfortably to be honest.

Still have it and it works! The keys aee bit hard compared to other Qwerty keyboard phones. Switched to HTC Desire after a year, the keyboard was dope on it. Before N900 had O2 Mini S.