How would you fix the internet?

Attached: 1.jpg (747x766, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5On-7LgGNv8
youtube.com/watch?v=YCzitO446ZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

destroy it

100% anonymity

I know people will throw a shit-fit for me saying this, but pretending you can ever trust something someone says on the internet simply because of who they are is a lie. You're not suppose to trust anyone on the internet. Everyone is suppose to lie. You should NEVER put your real name for any reason on the internet. Assume everyone is always watching you. The internet is suppose to be a cesspool of lies and untrustworthy people where the only thing that shines and stands out is when some random stranger speaks the undeniable truth.

posting cute 2d lolis

Attached: 1496891241270.png (861x889, 853K)

*sssip*

Attached: pri_63195222.jpg (644x428, 37K)

so we all hate these people in this image

Ban apple user agents.

What we need is a search engine that produces high quality searches and where results aren't influenced by how much money is paid. Basically a superior alternative to google. That would enable us to actually start "browsing" the internet again rather than seeing the same 10 sites

/thread

youtu.be/5On-7LgGNv8

Attached: 1313536075294.png (500x461, 34K)

it exists, but search isn't what it used to be and we don't use the internet in the ways we used to. When was the last time you found a new website through search and then became a dedicated user? The internet now flows through hubs like youtube and facebook. Normies are directed by their circle of contacts and influenced by ads and newsbots.

Search now primarily serves to answer one-off questions, "what is X, why do we Y?" and an increasing number of people won't even see the google results pages, they'll just ask whatever brand of "Siri" they have.

The internet as we used and knew it is dying.

Attached: 1200px-DuckDuckGo_logo_and_wordmark_(2014-present).svg[1].png (1200x960, 81K)

holo network

The internet is working as intended.
More relevant youtube.com/watch?v=YCzitO446ZY

Attached: portrait of a man that did literally nothing wrong.jpg (350x350, 97K)

You're wrong. Knowledge and "new sites" absolutely do still exist, but the problem is that they're BURIED in a sea of complete and utter garbage. I think this is intentional. To sum it up, most top search results offer a lot of text or *noise* but very little coherent ideas. You need to manually filter garbage like quora, lifehacker, etc.

Delete HTML, hardware accelerated web-browsing, web listings based on user-feedback.

Ban NPCs

Remove SJWs. Remove social media. Remove all normie news websites.

What an american picture

Static only pages

£ is fish-n-chipsbux not burger tickets.
You know that, I know that you that, and you know that I know that you know that.

This for a start.
The totally re-vamp the way content is presented Gone would be the flashy childish graphics, replaced by content aimed at a mature or maturing mind

I would add another 5 million Finns

Send everyone back to dial up. Only the true virgins would wait 10 hours for a single boob picture while the rest are forced outside. msn messenger will be resurrected because it just worked. No more competitive games keeping you online for hours because your mothers will just pick up the phone and disconnect you or it'll disconnect itself for being such a giant piece of shit.

the internet as we know it is a lost cause.

A completely decentralized "Internet 2" needs to come into existence and it needs to be built from the ground up as something that nobody can control, regulate, or stop and everything about it needs to be anonymous with privacy in mind.

What a handsome race the europoors are

Make it impossible to regulate by pushing total anonymity and decentralization. If someone chooses to give up their information voluntarily that is on them however. The biggest threats to the internet are silicon valley giants who are centralizing the internet, the copyright mafiaa trying to protect a business model that stopped being effective since the invention of mass transportation, ISPs, and governments who try to control something they know nothing about. Bring it back to the wild west, that will drive out the chafe and protect freedom best.

Pop one on the end of fizz's nose for being a ginger cunt

lol i thought that was steve-o for a second

this plus making connecting to the internet involve using a command line

Make it anonymous and too complicated for idiots to use. It needs to feel niche again but I have a feeling it never will.

That's got to be the most British picture I've ever seen in my entire fucking life.

Attached: brrrr.png (381x294, 292K)

Remove social networks.

delete Jow Forums

No real names.
Nicks only, nicks can't be based on the real name.

>Der untermensch

Just make it harder to use or slower. Member firing up a 14k modem to check your email and shit post on some random forums. Yeah I member. No girls or faggots online then. IT WAS YUCKY

well I think it'd get us most of the way there if we just destroyed the advertising industry. As in, integrate ad blocking into every browser. Have a system-level ad blocker that normies are told is just as if not more important to keeping their computer secure than antivirus software. Make it a standard thing that comes on literally every device by default, so that it just isn't possible to make any money with ads on the internet, because 99.98% of them will never be seen. Associate ads, even static banners or text links, with spam in the eyes of normies, a disreputable scam that only rubes fall for.

This would solve the problems with JS bullshit - almost all of it exists only to support the ads and their tracking, and of course if your site isn't bringing in any revenue then you won't spend 2MB of node.js on every page load just for infinite scrolling and a trendy font. It'd also solve the problems with social media, small instances and federation would be the only viable way to run things, since you'd be limited by the amount of capacity you could afford, without ads as a monetization model.

replace it with the deep web

Outlaw Javascript.

make the internet free forever.
no more paying for a service, just make it free in the entire world and stronger every day.

Who's going to pay for the infrastructure lol

facebook

seriously, they're already doing this in 3rd world countries

Yeah, you're certifiably insane if you want to use infrastructure operated by Facebook.

Ban all ruskies, pajeets and australians

ddg is trash.

Make the congress ban online ads, everything else solves itself.

please convince the 3rd world countries of that

Have the internet go back to being irc, ftp, email, Usenet and gopher. No web.

silly loli that bread is too big for you