Why haven't you rooted your phone and flashed a custom ROM based on either AOSP or Lineage already Jow Forums?

Why haven't you rooted your phone and flashed a custom ROM based on either AOSP or Lineage already Jow Forums?

Attached: Lineage.png (728x485, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p9lite/development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a complete tard when it comes to this stuff is their a rom or something that can stop shoving google down my throat? I have a Moto G5 Plus

Are roms garbage?

LineageOS 16.0 when?

I have lineage extended

Because LineageOS doesn't have an official build for my 1 year old phone.

Because lineageOS for the Xiaomi A1 is still an unstable nightly and every ROM for that device is bloated shit.

I don't feel the need to

google "Moto G5 Plus xda forums"
enjoy

And then be prepared to download an "unofficial" build with backdoors and malware.

My Google NSA tracking device is still pushing out security updates and will get the latest android (Sony is good with this stuff). Once that's over ill try go full freetard again.

>lg g5 h831
cause im retarded and got an unrootable phone

I have same phone and use pixel experience its very stable. There is a tool kit that automates the process. I know how to do it manually but I wanted to get it done quick and easy. The Amazon models have locked bootloader

Neither of those types of ROMs are available for my phone, even though it's unlocked

>not flashing Offical ROMs
shoukd have expected a retarded post like that from (You) user

Attached: 414CE1AF322148048687AA4D0229E5B1.jpg (639x353, 49K)

The last time I flashed a custom rom on my phone, it was buggy as fuck and almost bricked my phone

I'm sticking with stock from now on

Because I don't feel the need to root phones anymore. Back in the day I rooted to get roms with features the stock ROMs didn't have but over time a lot of those features have been implemented, so why bother now? My phone stock as it is does what I need it to do.
Pic not related

Attached: 1537526486185.jpg (480x377, 18K)

Have

LineageOS 14.1 unofficial for Moto G5s w/ SuperSU

>Android One phone
stick with stock, you stupid fuck

I have and I regret it, pos crashes at least twice a day now.

Because I want my phone to work properly and pajeets aren't known for being good at coding.

Because I'm not an autistic social reject NEET and actually need my phone for work, which is impossible with either nonexistent or extremely bad opensource app analogs.

>And then be prepared to download an "unofficial" build with backdoors and malware.
And you know this how?

Couldn't have bothered to spend 10 minutes on XDA forums to determine whether or not your device had good support?

Using omnirom atm, no gapps ofc.

Tried flashing pixel experience on my pocophone yesterday. Almost bricked it, with lots of luck and effort I was able to go back. And for what? Worse camera and features miui has and/or are worthless

Because it serves no purpose. Most of the features custom roms are in built in stock roms. Only purpose would be to disable bloatware that I can just do using adb.

Can I use gmail and gmaps on Lineage without other tracking apps like play store?

opengapps?

But I do.

Because my bootloader is locked.

Attached: 1510526331665.jpg (1042x1042, 138K)

Unlock it then?

Am I able to run lineage on S8+/Note8/Note9?

Use another client for Gmail account

I did. OnePlus and Lineage is the best combination.

I've been using the August 14 build because I don't want to reflash the modem, mint kernel, magisk and xposed

I wan't aware there was one for a Redmi S2

Because the battery life and camera are shit on my s7 edge (or atleast they were when i flashed it one year ago)

Because its camera is abysmal on s7 edge.

Can't wait for Librem 5 and proper FOSS Linux o my phone,

No excuse, just haven't gotten around to it.

t. Galaxy S3 LTE

When it is ready (tm)

Locked bootloader. Maybe I'll do it on my next phone.

Because AOSP is thrash on Exynos chips.

>LineageOS 16.0
>The next iteration of LineageOS is already in the works, and thanks to the massive amount of cleanup and refactoring we did for LineageOS 15.1 the transition is the smoothest one yet. All our features should be much easier to re-introduce, since most of them require almost no work to port from Oreo to Pie.
>As always: we won’t be giving any ETAs, but good things (including LineageOS 16.0) come to those who wait!

just wait(tm)

I like battery life and mobile payment, that's why.

>mobile payment
wut

Using your phone to pay for shit requires an unmolested phone

How do I use GPay with LineageOS then?

lineage was being weird on my previous phone and I dont even know if this shit will work on my current keyone.

not worth the effort.

wtf are you talking about
are you using cellphones as currency?

stop molesting your phones or i'll call the cops you phone molesters

leave it's ass alone sick bastards

idk what hes talking about but there are bank apps that let you pay for shit with your phone.
i have one that i use to check my balance without going to an atm

I use an app from my bank on LineageOS without GApps. If your bank doesn't allow you to run any fucking OS you want, I don't understand how the fuck it's their concern.

don't know how to do on a LG Stylo 3 Plus
All apps I want to use require a rooted phone such as USB key access or remote control softwares

because I use Resurrection Remix.

Im rooting a phone soon and never bothered with custom ROMs, first time.

well im not the guy who said he wants to use payment apps, maybe his bank really doesnt let him run a different os

>what is samsung pay
>what is knox
>what is verified boot
>what is safetynet

>I use an app from my bank that allows you to use pajeet roms instead of verified software, I dont understand why they wouldn't want indians sniffing your financial details

>what is samsung pay
Just use something actually useful that doesn't require a valid Knox eFUSE?
>what is knox
Botnet.
>what is verified boot
More botnet.
>what is safetynet
My LOS device passes the SafetyNet check.

Ok so what supports MST? Too many dumb cunt merchants wont update their POS terminals.

>framework to verify your bootloader is intact is botnet

Faggot.

>Framework to verify your phone hasn't been fucked with by chink vendors is botnet.

Faggot.

>my device running a pajeet rom passes safety checks

Horseshit.

Faggot.

Come on, samkike shill, you can do better with all that DRAM money you got.

My phone is in beta, I'll install once its official
Also, when is MicroG going to support modern phones?

I only need to call faggotry as it is, nothing more.

All while mentioning samshit botnet.

the only reason I even root is Viper4Android

>the absolute state of huawei phones

No official ROM for my phone.

Buy hardware compaitable with the software you want to use.

Duh.

already done on xiaomi mi max 2
and
chuwi hi 10 plus

Because even though the ROM is available on the manufacturer website, there aren't any good tutorials on how to make it lineage.

I did, but it's curing the symptome, not the desease.

Because I use micro g lineage

Ok but I still need gmaps. Other FOSS apps aren't bad but gmaps just got much more information.

adb uninstall sys32

I don't know how to and what the benefits are

it already does? the issue is whether the ROM supports signature spoofing, not the device

Because my ARB is too high from factory updates and if I try to unlock the bootloader, I'll end up with a hard brick. Based LG G4.

Just found out I can't watch Netflix in HD because my device is unlocked to install Lineage. I'm pissed.

I have a company modified iPhone

Because my shit Xperia XZ has no working rom. I would if I could, was a bitch to root.

Which is better -- assuming my phone is supported -- LineageOS or AOSP? I have been using the former for many years now.

Does AOSP have anything like LOS's Privacy Guard?

>Does AOSP have anything like LOS's Privacy Guard?
No, AOSP is just naked Android.

Im waiting on the offical ROM for the Oneplus 6 before installing it.

I have a life?

Because I didn't realize to Unlock my OnePlus 6, I have to wipe it (Due to encryption).

Also I really like Oxygen OS anyway, I'd prefer Lineage but I'm to lazy to re-setup everything on my phone AGAIN.

>I have a life?
Did you mean "I"m too lazy"?

I tried it, camera didn't work and couldn't turn off forced emergency weather alerts. Never again.

>Also I really like Oxygen OS anyway, I'd prefer Lineage but I'm to lazy to re-setup everything on my phone AGAIN.
What are backups?

Can't find an ASOP fork custom ROM that supports my phone and am broak so can't afford a new phone.

Otherwise I would have already.

Elephant in the room: what does it give me above an overclocked rooted stock?

Ability to use your phone without Google bloatware and spyware, for instance.

This. Huawei P9 lite

>I like battery life
Which you can get more of by using App Ops and uninstalling unnecessary pre-installed apps.

forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p9lite/development

>NO ROMS

what is this and how do i do it?

Basically it's what Chromium is to Chrome.

Think of it as of Linux distro, but for Android.

Also, option to remove all the Google's default apps and bloatware, including spying tools.

As for how you do it - there are manuals out there, check the official site.

i did root my phone hoping for better performance (droid bionic, the old one)
and all it did was render it unable to access the internets

your fault for not checking what the bugs of the ROM were on XDA

Still on the last version of cyanogen mod.
Am I missing something?

Because I don't want my camera quality to be 5% of what it was. If it wasn't for that I would switch.

Any phones with good cameras that work well with aosp based ROMs?