Cs advisor won't waive linear algebra requirements for machine learning

>cs advisor won't waive linear algebra requirements for machine learning

Holy fuck is uni in America the fucking worst forcing you to take unrelated classes. I already had to suffer through the calculus series while earning my "diversity" credits listening about how Jamal can't do anything.

I wish I could just get trained through an apprenticeship with a company. I'm paying $32k a year for bullshit

Attached: 1518464518216.jpg (957x621, 90K)

linear algebra is easier than calculus

Linear algebra is useful in like pretty much anything you'll ever do.

If you can't do linear algebra or calc you will fail machine learning unless it's a brainlet class that teaches you to use frameworks and nothing else.

are you trolling? you can't do machine learning or pretty much anything mathematical in the computer without matrices and vectors

>linear algebra requirements for machine learning
lol NN's are literally just linear algebra lmao

>didnt dropout to colaage

Attached: 35b.jpg (606x605, 47K)

Linear Algebra is everything

it was easier than calc 2 here at least. calc 3 and diff EQ were harder.

This is fucking baffling to hear. How could diffeyQ which is entirely memorization based be more difficult than Linear Algebra?

This has to be bait, Linear Algebra is integral to ML...

just power through it and you'll have a 100k+ job at the end goy

Attached: 1538099627.jpg (547x729, 68K)

>deep learning
>basically gradient search algorithms applied to matrix multiplication
>don't know what a matrix is
>don't know what a gradient is

You'll go far, kid

>cs dept. refuses to waive the calculus requirement for machine learning class
americans, I swear

dumb frogposters

Computer Science Degree is essentially a Bachelor's in Mathematics except missing a couple more math classes.

Makes you wonder why Jow Forums didn't attempt to double major in computer science and mathematics since people do double major in college and you can ask the department head or college counselor to appeal any restrictions or grant you a waiver to double major.

>cs is a bachelor's in mathematics

how deluded are you elitest retards? Most cs babies never took the first real undergrad math class (ie real analysis).

Attached: 1421199165623.jpg (259x383, 11K)

You sound like a brainlet desu. Math, after you learn your times tables in 2nd grade, is only "memorization based" if you don't understand what you're doing

Holy fuck you're retarded if you cant do linear algebra.

I did.

He's right though, most DiffEq courses not for math majors are basically just algorithm memorizing courses. You identify what type of DE you're dealing with, and apply the steps to find a solution. Whereas at my school, even intro Linear Algebra required proofs from the get-go (and basically served as an intro to proofs course for incoming science students).

>cs advisor refuses to waive algorithms course requirements for machine learning

Attached: 1459506027564.jpg (200x194, 6K)

>cs advisor refuses to waive deodorant requirements for machine learning

Attached: 10048137-angry-indian-man-screaming-in-extreme-rage-over-white-background.jpg (1300x866, 68K)

Attached: machine_learning.png (371x439, 28K)

University is worthless. Go learn this shit by yourself by doing and you'll have 100x the knowledge of those goddamn memorization experts.

are you telling me they let you take calc before linear algebra and still require it?