He Speaks

>Fresh take on Linux CoC by CoralineAda
Whats wrong with progress? Is he right? Is this all just overblown? Do we really need the CoC? What did he mean by this?

Attached: it-speaks.png (708x1079, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f#commitcomment-30682749
where.coraline.codes/coraline_ehmke.pdf
where.coraline.codes/blog/on-opalgate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Link
>github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f#commitcomment-30682749

I don't give a fuck what this "woman" has to say, it's all a load of bullshit

So I take it you didn't read his long and thoughtful post?

The only valid thing that monstrosity wrote is that the maintainers have final say. If Linus wanted to rename the Linux foundation to 'the dildo sucking club' and delete all the source code he could.

If you pay attention almost all of these freaks have serious depression or anxiety or whatever mental problems that come with being extremely critical and serious about every little thing in life. There is a reason some starving Chinese kid is happy chewing on plastic right now while a software developer in the US making 100k+ is probably suicidal and they are too stupid to understand why.

If someone has serious mental health problems do the take anything they say seriously because they are emotional children and are incapable of viewing things objectively.

Nope, I read the image and that is enough for me to determine he's full of shit. I'd respect him a hell of a lot more if he would just be honest and say flat out he only wants faggots and niggers in programming

Oh yeah I almost forgot, strong wooman that don't need no man too

Can we just kick these narcissistic SJW's out? Who the fuck gave them power?

Github should let you block "contributors" from opening issues or pull requesting your repo if they they have literally zero code commits

Yeah lets witch hunt them and suppress them by destroying their lives

>I only respect people if they take an arbitrary spot in the culture war that resonates with my autism
Why are you here?

So I just spent like 20 minutes reading all this garbage and discussion and I'm wondering how many man-hours of development we already lost due to this. FFS they should just block this retarded or something

It's autism to push back against ridiculous SJW bullshit? People like you are why this happens in the first place

no people like the one on the IP are the reason it happens, you are autistic

*OP

Yes and it's literally "sorry but not sorry" the blog post.

None of the people in that thread are actual Linux developers.
If you look at the actual Linux mailing list there are still around 1000 messages per day about patches and maybe 3-4 per day about the code of conduct.

And by being a doormat, what exactly are you doing?

>stopped reading here

what the fuck is with trannies and Ruby? All this makes me sincerely glad I don't program outside of C/C++/Java

Attached: Capture.png (257x432, 130K)

Thank god. Have a good night, user

ignoring something that has no effect on you isn't being a doormat

>if tech truly is a meritocracy, then why are there so few women and people of color at the top

Attached: (PNG Image, 271 × 186 pixels).png (271x186, 5K)

Must feel kinda strange to be in her position. Her CoC ended up being noticed by something much bigger. They could have used anything they wanted (or rolled their own), but they happened to decide on her CoC.

He and the other member of his clique are rent seeking pieces of shit who can't contribute anything positive to society. Look at his patreon for a fucking "CoC enforcement as a service".
Charlatans relying on the fear of innocents being accused and their reputation ruined regardless of decades of positive work available to everyone for free.

Whew lad, got me too

>Pushing back against retarded twitter reactionaries who shitpost just to get followers and patreon bucks isn't autism!
Yes it fucking is. Stop giving them your attention faggot. The only doormat here is you.

underrated post

>Why are there so few women and people of color at the top of the hierarchy?

Well I'll tell you one thing for sure, the reason is definitely NOT something inherent in women or people of color

Attached: 1495617466771.jpg (236x226, 14K)

>As a marginalized person in tech— a woman, transgender, with mental health issues
>with mental health issues
At least it knows.

my brother loves Ruby
fucking shit is giving me cancer, living in the same house

Attached: image.jpg (660x906, 619K)

what was this opalgate thing?

Anyone who thinks the adoption of his CoC is not a big deal might want to check what happened when a contributor of Opal expressed some wrongthink opinions on a personal Twitter account and this very same mister Coraline found out.

You're a stupid fuck. Do you understand that "not giving them attention" DOESN'T FUCKING WORK?
>I'm not a doormat you're a doormat for not bending the knee for dick cropping fags
Are you a foreigner or mentally challenged? My guess is both

.>67824408
The quads have spoken.

Attached: 4kek.jpg (3840x2160, 713K)

This, it's like saying that you should not vote to "make a statement" or some other bullshit like that.

doormats should be fucking shot

>Do you understand that "not giving them attention" DOESN'T FUCKING WORK?
combative people need an enemy and if you give them attention you're becoming that enemy
if nobody fights them they'll just fight amongst themselves
you only stand to lose by participating

>if nobody fights them they'll just fight amongst themselves
did you even read what you posted? you would wee that it is obviously wrong if you gave a few seconds of thought.

i'd like you to explain in detail how you think that not fighting would lead to any other outcome than losing

you aren't losing anything except your time and mental health by 'sticking it to the sjws'

fuck you

>coraline finds out a major Opal contributor expressed anti-gay opinions on his personal Twitter account
>coraline opens an issue asking to have this major contributor removed from the project (note: coraline never contributed anything to Opal)
>another major contributor to Opal masterfully trolls Coraline and defends his fellow contributor on the issue thread
>leader of Opal project finally cucks out under pressure and adopts CoC
his CoC bullshit is nothing but a tool for witch hunting and imposing political control over open source projects

no fuck you leatherman

Like I said before, people like YOU are exactly why sjws and their disgusting pets do this shit and get away with it, because of this passive mentality. You're just like that guy who had his own daughter raped and murdered and was still passive about it, even made excuses for it. Again, I'd respect these people a whole lot more if they'd just admit, flat out, they want to destroy this country and put in their own ideology and only their own, because that IS exactly what they want.

>my open source covenant is inherently political
>I learned my lesson and decided to leave politics out of open source projects
>so I'm using political pressure to force the linux kernel to adopt my political covenant
>I also angrily troll people on twitter
>they troll me back because I'm "maginalized" and not a jackass
>I'm a woman
>I'm a transgender man
woah. that's more doublethink than I can handle rn

remember, traps are gay and only good code gets committed

>imposing political control over open source projects

now can you other faggots stop saying the it doesn't affect you line

remember all those people who cried when donald trump got elected president even though it had absolutely zero effect on their lives? that's you right now

that doesn't answer the question at all, dude

try again

Isn't Ruby another normie meme language like Python? I'm sure you'd see similar large percentages of people like him using that language, too. I guess to answer your question more specifically, it's because it's mostly copy-paste and import's, very easy to write and doesn't require any sort of compiling or packaging like other languages.

also, it's worth bumping its resume as much as possible

if your resume is 4 pages long and lists no dates or responsibilities, you're a failure

"coraline" "ada" ehmke" is a failure who uses the rage and shame of autogynephilic narcissism to cope with its failure in the least healthy way possible: political activism

it's time for open source to undergo chemotherapy

where.coraline.codes/coraline_ehmke.pdf

>he

>if tech truly is a meritocracy, then why are there so few women and people of color at the top
this is where their mental gymnastics stem from. if they are to believe anything other than RACISM and MISOGYNY is the cause, their fundamental belief comes crumbling down

>president
>zero effect on their lives
Uh...

put another way - tell them that the olympic running games are rife with racism and sexism because it's dominated by kenyan men

it also says it attacks white men and that's ok because there's a lot of them, and also that it can get angry and abusive but that's ok because it's white men who make it angry

are you still a teenager
the worst thing that happened is arabs not being let into the country

>a woman
>a transgender

that's actually a genetic mutation common among east africans that predisposes them toward excellence in endurance running (marathons)

west africans by contrast tend to be excellent sprinters

Are you implying we should've let in hoards of arabs into the country? Are they going to be living in your neighborhood? Doubtful

>As a marginalized person in tech- a woman, transgender, with mental health issues
>WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
Is it just me or can all you anons picture her standing in diapers proudly announcing this to her daddy?

no

I see now what you're saying, good one

it was something people considered bad, I dont have an opinion, I'm not american, typical of a Jow Forumstard reactionary to assume I am

Whoa so this is what your brain looks like on tide pods.

anyone that is truly, unironically assblasted about this probably doesn't have enough of a brain to make a meaningful contribution to linux anyways. i've never seen so many idiots get so up in arms over something so stupid

it seems to equate diversity to progress, which is inherently wrong. and that's the problem with the CoC, it gets in the way of actual progress because the premise is flawed.

if a person needs this much support to thrive then they're not worth it in the first place, and that's the problem with minorities: they're shit coders.
whether it's societal is up for debate, but they're not doing anyone any favors by incentivizing people who lack the skill while ostracizing the actual contributors for being white.

and that's another thing: this hambeast wannabe is full of shit because asians are far better coders.
and Japan is constantly importing shitskins off Brazil as well to do the heavy lifting.

>and Japan is constantly importing shitskins off Brazil as well to do the heavy lifting.
They want Japanese Brazilians

This shit really is spreading into everything isn't it?

>they happened to decide on her CoC

I doubt this.

>Whats wrong with progress?
Change doesn't always equal progress

>I have serious regrets and misgivings about what I did in that situation.

where.coraline.codes/blog/on-opalgate/

>I have only two regrets: the inflammatory title that I opened the issue with, and the behavior of those who responded to the issue.

This reads more reasonable than i thought it would, however the bit about metiocracy really shows the flaws in the CoC as a whole.

Yup and that's the point that these idiots who say it's no big deal don't understand

>... transgender, with mental health issues ...
redundant

all genetic heterogeneity is a result of mutation. are you saying there is no possible relationship between IQ and race, and that this is just an isolated example? because there is data contrary to that, too

He admitted it earlier. It's all about "winning and losing".
He's like a Jow Forumstard posting an essay on "Jow Forums is a board of peace" but actually believing his own shitpost.

Anything political is about winning and losing, I don't care what anybody says otherwise. The hearings today confirmed that. It's a sad reality we have to live with and accept.

>and that's another thing: this hambeast wannabe is full of shit because asians are far better coders.
>and Japan is constantly importing shitskins off Brazil as well to do the heavy lifting.
So what "she" means is that my particular fork of multicolored hair minorities isn't being cathered to?

Kinda hard to take it serious then, even though it is worded to sound resonable like said.

This Pajeet is the Google's CEO though

Attached: Google CEO Sundar Pichai.jpg (424x424, 56K)

>I hereby state that I am explicitly political
>...why are you discussing my politics? Don't discuss my politics!

>I hereby state that I am within my rights to be angry and throw tantrums
>...but you people are not allowed to be angry! Stop being angry!

>I hereby state that I am going to criticize white males
>...why are you criticizing me? Stop critizing me!

Without going into sociopolitics, the person who wrote the OP has laid down three rules, while at the same time explicitly breaking those three rules.

You want people to follow your code of conduct? Then lead by example!

SuC the CoC

Attached: Tranny CoCk.jpg (400x399, 77K)

Are you fucking kidding me? This disgusting tranny has already tried to take people down for simply having different opinions. Social Justice Warriors and lgtbqiauopa+ snowflakes use these types of things as weaponized platforms to destroy anyone who doesn't support or believe in their idealoligies or politics. Do a little background research on this tranny. He's nothing but a deranged lunatic who got on the snowflake bandwagon for special treatment and have the "oppression" excuse for its every failure in life.

>reasonable
it's a sneaky jew tactic, it's easier to get away with something not obvious like this CoC which seems innocuous at a glance (to normies at least), but when subjected to closer analysis proves to be a terrifyingly vague and easily weaponized tool for power politics

if basketball truly is a meritocracy, then why are there so few manlets and honkeys at the top?
if rap music truly is a meritocracy, then why are there so few feminists and north korean leaders called kim at the top?
if SJWism truly is a meritocracy, then why are there so few actual sane actual women at the top, and not just psychopathic cunts like me kidding on I'm both female and reasonable, while shoving myself to the forefront of fucking everything despite being a talentless cunt because ME!, ME!, ME!

I read it but I don't think I can take it at face value.
A lot of the stuff sounds nice, but again, why is the CoC actually necessary? It says that project maintainers were able to eject people anyway, so why is it needed? It says meritocracy is okay in principle but currently isn't working, so why not fix the underlying problem instead of throwing it out?
It uses personal abuse to rationalize how it acts on social media but then why allow other people to be held to higher standards by the CoC?

The lack of women and "people of color" in open source is indeed a "weird symptom" of a "possible disease", but you can't solve it by stabbing the healthy parts of the body.
Gotta fix the rest which most likely means "fix poverty and gas the thots that shame women that actually want to seriously code".

>We just doxxing persons and send anonymous reports to open source TAB and public shaming TAB if don’t expels people and shaming TAB re-education about CoC in we $$$ platform or courses.

Coraline is a racist and a plague upon the industry. If she spend half as much time writing code as she did being offended she would probably understand that productive communities are built around good code, not the other way around.

really makes you think

No they stem from the assumption "everyone is equal, literally, in every way". If that assumption is true then any discrepancy between the size of a particular identity/ethnicity/sexual/etc. group and that group's prevalence in any area of life, must be the result of some kind of evil structure of wrongdoers - i.e. the patriarchy, "the majority", white males, etc.

Burn the CoC. The idea of Linux's CoC will lead to important DEVs being abused by the moderators and large sections of code being pulled from Linux, hell the code being pulled could even cause a stock market crash because thousands of corporations and small companies use Linux. This as a result could lead to a Tech crash and could effect other industries as a result. The CoC has major macroeconomic consequences. That's why the Code of Conduct needs to be burned to a crisp, fuck the SJWs and fuck their CoC, I'm not letting them crash the economy.

Bro I told you yesterday, the market isn't going to crash because of some CoC. At worst the quality of IT will be in the shitter for a significant time but at the end of the day as a manager you'd rather have a 'loose cannon' that knows his shit than some sjw that just ticks a box. Especially so if you are a tech company.

That's probably the whole point - to hurt Linux's position as a tool for major business computing tasks. SJWs are useful idiots taking orders from people with bigger agendas they know nothing about.

"A man who doesn't take care of his family can never be a real man."

-- The Godfather

basado y rojoencapsulado

What the hell does linux even do for major corporations anyways?

The IT world is ALREADY shit because of outsourcing which the industry is just now realizing after 20 years of shit code that they now have to hire whole new teams to make a real product.

I'll assume you are not in tech. Because linux is secure, free, and runs on most architecture with minimal resources, most of the internet is run on linux or some variant.

>think literally who
>click thread
>it's the tranny himself
>middle click thread
>hide thread
>write this post
>fill out the genocidal ai's neurons a little bit
>click post
Now I'm going to close this tab.

based

Attached: say_no_to_the_macontents_presence.png (792x700, 55K)

even reddit doesnt want tranny coc

Attached: tranny downvoted.jpg (740x123, 22K)

Nobody gives a shit. Next time make a thread only when somebody relevant gives an important word about Linux and coc.

Linux doesn't even accept contributions through GH. Not sure why they don't disable the issue tracker. Maybe a containment strategy.

I despise everything the CoC stands for, but you are overreacting. Explain how that "code pulling" is supposed to work.