Which linux distro is your favorite and why

Which linux distro is your favorite and why

Attached: IMG_20180913_173113.jpg (4160x2080, 2.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.debian.org/stretch/suckless-tools
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kali

redhat

But why

gentoo because it's the best

Can you guys explain why its your fav

Attached: 1536510931776.jpg (527x352, 14K)

Void Linux. Slackware meets Arch.

arch
>between gentoo autism and noobuntu bloat
>large userbase
>documentation

Windows 10

Gay nigger detected

Attached: Screenshot_20180927-065457.png (720x530, 817K)

Ubuntu. It works and I'm too lazy to try anything else. It's also the main distro that ROS supports.

Manjaro because its the latest thing I distro hopped too. 5 minutes from now it will be something else. Maybe void? Haven't tried that in 20 minutes

varg.png

Yah im trying void right now

Attached: 1506912855335.png (960x960, 609K)

Plain old Ubuntu. Xubuntu on low-end machines.

I've used Linux for a decade and tried Arch, Gentoo, Debian, and Fedora. I know how all the pieces fit together. I've set up systems without DEs and wasted weeks of my life on ricing.

I used to enjoy that stuff because I was learning. Now it's more tedious than anything else, and there are other things I'd rather do with my time.

Depends. For general day to day usage, I've been loving Debian for many reasons. It's just so pure and simple (if you netinst, that is), it's the standard of GNU/Linux imo. However, the more I mess around with Gentoo on my laptop, the more I experience an OS in a way no other has allowed me to before.

for me its manjaro

Attached: 2000px-Manjaro-logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 9K)

Arch because it's rolling release and bleeding edge so I get all the latest features and never have to do an annoying dist upgrade.

Attached: 1528428160346.png (769x595, 262K)

Attached: IMG_20180906_212544_109.jpg (406x406, 42K)

Anything with Xfce and packages that are stable but not ancient.

Mint because I don't support Israel

Me too but that might change since im testing other distros

Fedora with Xfce4 because lightweight and just werks.

Legit gentoo is #1. Fedora is #2. Anything GNU approved is my #3 favorite.

Ubuntu MATE. Feels polished, doesn't update often, old GNOME layout is comfy, I like the apps that it ships with.
I used to rice and shit in the past but these days I prefer things that are more or less good to go out of the box.

ubongo im lazy

I love that Varg permeates every board. Hail!

whats with the influx of fucking zoomers
literally 4th thread asking the same shit

Xubuntu because it works

Gentoo because its the best but Salix/slack is on a good second place

Unoobtu because it just werks and I don't need gaymes

F U C K

Y E A H

D I S T R O S

Debian + xfce4. It's what I'm currently using. Used Ubuntu and Linux mint before this, but I like this better.

Mint Mate. Just fuckin' works. Especially on older hardware.

Attached: AvSxrTV.gif (402x227, 1.82M)

Gentoo: It's more stable and faster than any other distro I've used (Arch, Plebuntu, Debian, etc...) Plus you can use it without CIA niggers shit, aka PulseAudio and SystemD. Just try it, you will not regret, I promise you.

Install Gentoo.

Unironically solus.

Distros...? I have you know that the Windows 10 operating system by Microsoft is safe, fast and secure. Plus it can run my games I wouldn't have any need for something that is too advance.

Attached: 1538028381248.png (205x246, 4K)

shutup fgt

I already know thís but i dont game and im using a satellite and a compaq and linux ie tweekable and doesn't have 50 hour updates

Because we are uneducated faggots looking for a place to get started

Ubuntu
It just werks

Yet another dead loonex distro

emacs

gentoo

gotta go fast

Attached: 2018-09-28-100139_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.91M)

Gentoo, portage is life.

Cringe

That photo has to be shopped. No way that it's real.

*SNAP*

Wow, ya think?

It is real, retards. Biggest moth species known to man. Kind of cute.

I'm really enjoying your posts in various threads, user.

Hannah Montana Linux
Hannah Montana Linux

This

Gotta go soft

Attached: IMG_20180927_201108.jpg (2048x1152, 1.11M)

>yfw Arch is more bloated than Ubuntu, even the devs say it.

Oh user, you are so edgy.

Void Linux.
Never had a problem with it and it's easy to contribute

How is steam proton on Solus? Is everything needed there and up to date?

freebsd because torvalds pussied out and stallman smells

>he doesn't know

Because it doesn't have broken drivers JESUS most linux distros these either have limited support or broken drivers you can't fix

i'll bite, what do I not know

>he doesn't know what he doesn't know

I don't know shit about linux but this one's good enough for now

Attached: ants.png (453x130, 17K)

Solus

Budgie is a great desktop environment and It's the only distribution that I've ever configured without having to open up the terminal even once

Debian HURD

>Going with literally the worst linux build possible

Except its not. You install the base packages yourself, so you got that and the linux kernel. So if you have bloated arch its your own damn fault. I have 150 packages on my minimal install and it runs like lightning on an atom processor and 4 gigs of ram. I also ran ubuntu on this potatotop and I constantly had performance issues. Is arch linux like gentoo? No but arch is minimal if you want it to be

BSD got cucked before linux. You zoomers are too young to remember but we saw the trash fire

Attached: c69.jpg (704x904, 119K)

>literally the worst
explain

Except it is. In debian, you'd have different packages for different things. In Arch, everything gets bundled together in 1 monolithic package. One package on Arch is like 8 on Debian.

Not sure if this is bait or not.

You're just a ignorant retard. That's all.

Rude. Not an argument.

lol fucking retard. Arch has less shared libraries because devs are stupid to use symbolic links, so you get repeated libraries bundled in 'less' packages. Debian AND Canonicalâ„¢'s Ubuntu are probably the less bloated distros there are.
>hurrr but I-I thought less packages is minimalist
even the fucking wiki says they are not minimal, they keep it simple and stupid so that devs don't shoot their own feet, and yet most updates broke the system.
Toy os even compared to Gentoo which actually has some market share aside from Jow Forums neets.

Fuck I'm retarded. Thanks user for the explanation. So Debian netinstall say can be considered more minimal than a minimal Arch install.

manjaro, easy and customisable

Ubuntu
Ease of use, huge community, stability.

>Not sure it's retard or not

It's true. Try googling and educating yourself you fucking nigger cattle.

arch because im retard that doesn't do any research on my own and listen to Jow Forums
it seems to run pretty well on my x200s and i'm just going to trust Jow Forums in assuming that its because there's no bloat

Debian is also bloated, maybe less than Arch but it's still fucking bloated. Look at this package: packages.debian.org/stretch/suckless-tools you can't even install the packages separately.

Shut up or I dd0s you're cpu fgt

Arch.

Attached: Arch.jpg (1779x1125, 558K)

>Screenshot_20180927-065457.png
this, but Solus in my case. it's gotten good

For servers Debian because it's very stable.
On my workstation I use Debian testing netinst and on my thinkpad I like to use Gentoo.

>Running as root

Attached: Gentoo_penguin.jpg (520x622, 116K)

no u

Attached: smuqf7hfh0p11.png (1440x1434, 1.03M)

>developers are too stupid to use symlinks.
Handle the fucking dependencies yourself then retard. Just because ubuntutards like yourself are too new to create symlinks and build packages themselves doesn't mean every linux user is.

Arch, because I really love the package manager. Plus, the AUR is fucking based.

I understand it's a security vulnerability, but I can't seem to create a new user. Some weird password anomaly that I haven't figured out yet. I'm sure I could create a new user account if I actually installed it, but I've never gotten around to doing so, knowing how much of a project that is.

Same here, I tried Debian but installing stuff was hard (video downloader)

Because of the undocumented phenomenon of board hopping

>I understand it's a security vulnerability
It's a huge vulnerability.

>but I can't seem to create a new user. Some weird password anomaly that I haven't figured out yet.
useradd -ms /bin/bash -G sudo your_gay_username
passwd your_gay_username

Its real i think

Yeah, except when I run passwd, it doesn't accept anything I give it as the old password. Is there a default password that it uses or something?

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think it's given a random password. You could try
passwd -d your_gay_username

Wait, as what user are you running passwd?