Mp3 Thread

So I'm in the market for a new mp3 player and am wondering if you guys have any recommendations for players in the 32-64GB range.

I listen to a lot of songs and also enjoy having the cover art of the albums through Windows Music (I pirate through either a YouTube converter or torrent them). I have an AGPTek and can't stand it because of the fact it almost never captures the artist or cover art album.

I was looking into pic related. Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Attached: zune-hd-32-gb-video-mp3-player-platinum.jpg (320x400, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/threads/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker.834797/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had one of these, I enjoyed it.

That thing is ancient and also requires ancient and deprecated software to use it.

Buy an old Walkman A25, should be pretty cheap now and it takes mSD cards.
Chink players have horrible softwares. They still do apparently.

hope you consider buying your music

>Chink players have horrible softwares. They still do apparently.
Is there any recommended chink player?
I've found pic related for dirt cheap.

Attached: wholesale-new-4-colors-mini-8g-mp3-player.jpg (800x800, 46K)

iPod touch

what is the recommended variant to rip mp3 nowadays

I know I'm a degenerate, but the amount I listen to wouldn't be payable to all artists.

I still buy indie albums online direct from the artist if I really enjoy them.

I have a mSD card already, but with my AGPTek it doesn't log the album cover or artist thru Windows Media on the SD card. Would it work with a modern Walkman?

so i think there used to be this place called wcd but it doesnt seem to exist anymore
where do i get rips?

I also have pic related and like it, but couldn't recommend it. Zunes rely on working, but depreciated software to load music.

Attached: DAP History.jpg (3740x1189, 3.14M)

wat

redpilled af

You owned a fucking rio?

what bitrate variant etc

lame 3.100 245Kbps~ VBR "V0"

This and only this

Shanling m0 is pretty nice. Probably one of the few chink DAPs that have a nice UI.

You can fit a whole half hour of music on it :)

Pic related is literally godlike, your mp3 a shit

Get a Benjie T6 and install rockbox on it.

What did Microsoft mean by this?

Attached: 1538117200448.png (320x400, 41K)

Kek

Shanling does look pretty interesting. And it's a steal for 100 bucks. That might be high on my list as long as the UI is as good as you say. Most of the time, Chinkshit doesn't properly upload the album or artist and it's stuck in a poorly compartmentalized mess of "Unknown Artist", which I don't want.

That could just be a microSD thing and not a Chinkshit thing tho...

That's why you get something that can be rockboxed so you don't have to deal with shitty stock firmwares.

>Most of the time, Chinkshit doesn't properly upload the album or artist and it's stuck in a poorly compartmentalized mess of "Unknown Artist", which I don't want.
Then fix your fucking tags, that shit works on mine.

Rockboxable DAPs don't really support Bluetooth.

iPod classic and rockbox it, get an Iflash sd card board I put a USB c connector on mine earlier

Attached: IMG_20180928_125114.jpg (1944x2592, 1.57M)

Tags?

Forgive my plebness.

Meant for

the metadata in your music files

Attached: a.jpg (357x177, 23K)

Sony NW-A45
$200
It's a fucking no-brainer

Or if that's too much work properly organize your music through folder structure instead; I have never browsed by tags on a player unless I was absolutely forced to.

wait what?
How?

literally unsoldered the iPod connector and looked up some pin out diagrams if I remember correctly 27 is data + 25 is data minus 11 is ground and 16 is is 5v I'm drunk sorry, the USB c only works one way around as I couldn't be bothered to solder on both sides I wrapped the USB in electrical tape so it was a tight fit and unsoldered the original connector then covered it in super glue to hold it secure. I don't think it will fit with a HDD only with the SD card board I wired up those to the correct pins on my USB c female port by looking online and matching the pinout I could have jumped stuff for audio out but I didn't think I'd ever user it. the USB c only works one way around as I didn't solder the wires to both sides of the connector if I will make a sorta tutorial Tomorrow if this bread is dead I'll post it in say desu

Attached: IMG_20180919_184950.jpg (2592x1944, 1.23M)

wew I wrote up a post and it deleted itself I'm drunk CBA to do it again I will post in sqt tomorrow if this bread is dead I'll try to make it user friendly if you wanna know how check it out desu

Attached: Back-01[1].jpg (768x432, 106K)

>opus 1s
>doesn't play opus files
fucking idiots

just ordered my 4th sansa clip off ebay for like $60 with the 15% off coupon
>lost one 3-4 years ago
>replacment stopped working about a year ago
>lost it this week during a move at work (or some asshole yanked it and is now gone)
rockbox it with a 128gb microsd, it just werks, but if i lose this one i'll probably move on to something else like the fiio x3ii or that one chinkshit one with the big knob

>lost it
lost the second replacement i mean

the t6 seems like a good clip+ replacement
similar form factor and key layout, lower price, supports up to 256gb microSDs and can be rockboxed

>t6
benjie?

yes
also known as agptek rocker

reading up on it now, i'll look into it if the sansa dies or gets lost again
all i really care about is good solid flac playback and playlist management (though i tend to just add a bunch of similar albums per playlist and randomize) but if it's got rockbox then it's good to go

This is really old right now but this was basically the swan song of all mp3 players. I had one for awhile and it was great.

I got the benjie t6. Last time I looked it up rockbox was a no go since the chinks didnt want to share their firmware or something along those lines. But its nice to see theyre actually building for it now.

Seems to be viable now, there's a fag in /csg/ with a rockboxed T6 and it even has rockbox themes.

you're not kidding
according to this guy on head-fi
>Playing well recorded 24BIT/96kHz FLAC and DSD files only, and in comparison with a non-Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ that was being used at the same time, also with no EQ, the sound seemed just a tiny bit rolled off in treble sparkle, bass was more detailed, mids more or less equivalent
head-fi.org/threads/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker.834797/
>Price, shape, weight and size notwithstanding, I would first choose the Fiio X3II for reasonably portable critical listening, then the current firmware version Benjie, then the xDuoo, and trailed by the Sansa Clip+.
based on this review alone (i know i know) i'd probably pick the fiio x3ii as well for the next DAP mainly because i tend to listen to classical/synthwave but only if i could find it at a reasonable price, the t6 would be a good choice if i'm just going for cheap but i've been debating that lately and might just go for a higher price/better device

but i'm happy with the clip zip for now, it's such a hassle free good quality player

Eh i'd pick anything with rockbox support over something without rockbox because of crossfeed and .opus file support but to each his own.

i havent really used opus, is it worth it? i'd have to convert all flac but i'm lazy (re: hassle free)
i also tend to make the sound stage wider (105-110%) so that might help with rockbox
i would agree with you though, rockbox is the shit

it's pretty much improved mp3 v0, same transparency at lower filesizes and bitrate
pick your favorite album in flac, transcode it to mp3 v0 and to opus vbr 96 or 128 and see for yourself

That thing is ancient, the firmware is janky, the wheel can fail and the battery is only 10h or so.
Literally the m0 is better. UI is still slightly janky but the output is cleaner. Also way more features.

how's the m1 in comparison to m0?

M1 is older. Worse in every way pretty much, unless you hate the touch controls on m0.

I bought one way back when and it still works, but is correct that the software sucks