Discord won't stop trying to run tracking javascript

If I was not already given reasons to ditch this peice of shit

Attached: unknown (1).png (962x551, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/discord-canary/?comments=all
discordapp.com/api/v6/science
keybase.io/
github.com/topisani/Discurses
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yep. Don't use discord. Enemy of your freedom.

been using it in ungoogled chromium to minimise the nonfree software
I wish my internet friends would stop forcing me to use this shit

Elaborate

what exactly are they tracking?

what you masturbate to and what you might buy on amazon. For science™

no rly, how do i tell discord fags to use mumble/ts3

>team speak
Only ask them to use free software

what does it mean by science

>using it in the first place
I'm not a mentally unstable tranny, thanks
>internet
>friends

>no 'fuck you, gib phone number'
>no shit electron crap wasting cpu
still much better than discort

>>internet
>>friends
don't you know about facebook?

mumble is a good free software alternative to teamspeak

You generally don't add people on FB that you haven't met IRL before, also
>implying FB "friendship" is anything close to actual friendship

>using facebook

Mumble is a standard, not an alternative.

It's querying an API for the channel you're in by the looks of it. How else is it supposed to get new messages, pics and such without using an API?

These threads are absolutely filled with people who have no fucking idea what they're talking about. Mumble is a standard? Are you joking?

Discord is simply miles ahead of non-proprietary alternatives in every possible way, no amount of lies and misinformation is going to change that.

discord works fine without it, thats why I think it's tracking
It also got added to one of my ublock origin filter lists

Take a look at the API docs then? Query it and find out.

>Discord is simply miles ahead of non-proprietary alternatives in every possible way
It can not even compete with skype in my opinion. call me when we can share screens.

What? Are you on crack?
Discord has become popular because skype is so terrible, you have been able to share screens in Discord for ages.

Oohh nooo muh boogeyman spying on me
Fuck off Discord is dope and works great, great voice and UI real fun when gaming with friends

Also the discord client and it's dependancies take forever to build from the AUR

Attached: db400b1d468516c1f2615c951b8642383b405aa274b0e9e6276c5bdd353ad608.jpg (480x451, 57K)

Why would you compile it yourself? Just grab the desktop app and call it a day or run it in browser if you're a sperglord.

You have to build it, it's a AUR package.
aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/discord-canary/?comments=all
I do use it in the browser so I can block it's tracking shit

>internet friends

Attached: 1511721081219.png (971x546, 55K)

test

>It's querying an API for the channel you're in by the looks of it. How else is it supposed to get new messages, pics and such without using an API?
I think he's talking about the XHR to discordapp.com/api/v6/science

Are you blind?

>implying there is such thing as actual friendship

Why would you have to build the app on Arch? Can you not just run it in browser?

really? ok then I am really behind the time it seems. Thank you, going to check that out.

thats what I do

them collecting data is nothing compared to the service they give for free.

You can video call even in browser, you have been able to for a year at least.

So why do you have to download an AUR package?

I don't use discords voice chat function. The people I voice chat with do use mumble.
You don't, only if you use the client

so how do I block it

>spending quality time with people you grew up with and shared great moments with
VS
>sending and ignoring funny memes on some internet-based chat with people you probably know for less than a year, have never met in person and probably don't even like outside their ability to play a certain game

Attached: 1535301721385.jpg (191x201, 5K)

Wait why would anyone use Mumble over Discord? I remember using Mumble and the latency and voice quality was great but the UI was so bad I couldn't convince other to use it.

So you use Discord for text chat?

>Projecting this hard with unoriginal generic Wojak shit
Get off the board.

>implying the people you grew up with and shared great moments with didn't turn out to be back stabbing faggots behind your back

>t. made friends with shitty people

Attached: 1536658685656.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

>using discord when steam voice chat is far superior

Attached: this.jpg (210x240, 11K)

>people aren't shitty
must be comfy on venus

>using anything but uTox

>hurrr everyone is a bad person except I, an avid Rick and Morty fan

Attached: 1537842412966.jpg (474x711, 66K)

discord is much more than a voice chat client. a proper alternative would be keybase.io/

>tfw I used discord to engage in sissy discussions
I'm so fucked. I uninstalled that shit and only use telegram now

good ol IRC the chat
mega for files

irc has no voice chat, has no media embedding, has no enforced security, has no server logging, no offline private message. ...

move with the times, gramp. irc is obsolete technology.

>irc has no voice chat
duh that's what mumble is for
> has no media embedding, has no enforced security
gay shit
>has no server logging
oh the horror, no miles and miles of drivel and spam
>no offline private message
it's called a forum
> irc is obsolete technology
nou

oh wait
TS3 did have logged chat

>IRC
github.com/topisani/Discurses

Anything with a domain in a five eyes country is ultimately going to be surveilled or forced to turn over records. Anything that doesn't comply goes the way of lavabit. .io is Indian Ocean, which falls under Britain's internet laws.

>what is client-to-client encryption
you are an embarrassment to this board.

>irc has no voice chat, has no media embedding
those are features, not bugs

For it to be a standard, it needs to actually be used though....

Thats why I don’t use keybase.
Upload your keys to your own site

>irc has no voice chat
Then use a proper fucking VoIP program like Mumble.

>has no media embedding
Correct, but a link is more than enough anyway.

>has no enforced security
SSL, password auth, nickserv, +i and other channel modes?

>has no server logging
Blatant bullshit.

>no offline private message
Memos

The only internet friends i made was over IRC on freenode and rizon, discord is normie tier shit and you'll find that there's nothing of value to be had with normies

These friends I made on irc or a forum we ran a while back.
They cucked out and started using discord

I only talk with open source fellows and sec people on irc. They have enough selfrespect and ethics to not use software that spies on them. Seems like you hang around folk that is desperate to be acknowledged by normies

you guys are living in past. discord provides a easy all-in-one solution. you are burdening your life voluntary for literally no gain at all. you are the very definition of retrograde.

>you are burdening your life voluntary for literally no gain at all. you are the very definition of retrograde.
I don't let a company fucking data mine me, silently update their privacy policy then begin selling everything I've ever said and done online as "data". All so I can participate in one of the most degenerate online "communities" I've ever seen.

Therefore I'm retrograde, sure thing buddy.

just want to say that everything you say or type into the client goes through the central discord servers as plain text to then be encrypted and sent to other clients in the same virtual server. they (discord) have already admitted to collecting data several times. whether or not they sell it to Google/Amazon or get nsl's from the FBI, which essentially dumps user data to the FBI, idk but it's possible.

if you are worried about privacy, these scripts are the least of your worries. you should not use discord whatsoever to pass banking or questionable content to your gayming friends imo

irc, mumble, teamspeak? much better alternatives if you can create your own physical server.

>you are burdening your life voluntary for literally no gain at all
That's just false, especially if you take a look at the rate at which companies spy on you and sell personal information. In addition to that, we know that companies provide APIs to security agencies, which directly supports a totalitarian regime. By using such services you give away privacy for comfort and submit to unnecessary and ethically questionable surveillance.

If the software would be open source and there would be community servers such as is with IRC, i'd have no issue with it. You can profit of free software and the enterprise still lacks proper chat solutions, where Discord would be able to profit if they'd do it right. Instead they have a fishy user agreement and their business is in the US, which implies that there are no regulations of any sorts which lets them abuse the services and their users. See facebook

Your argument is simply dumb and undifferentiated

discor is the definition of what's wrong with the web today

Works fine on my machine ™.

It's used more than teamspeak

MODS MAKE THIS POST PINNED IN Jow Forums

>good
>good
>good
>memoserv
>nah
irc+mumble is top tier combo.

you mean free servers and awesome services at the cost of having more relevant ads? whew thanks lad I know you surely understand how analytics works

no i mean javascript electron trash, highly noticeable when voice is used

>awesome services
> OI, where's your phone number loicense m8
>blocked :^)

discord is bad because it's accessible to normies.

Make a stand

I refuse to willingly install Discord on my machine

you do know media embedding is just a botnet way of display links right?

Thats why sites that use cuckflare block that shit

Despite the problems with Discord, this guy has a point. Discord is an all in one solution, and we need a free software application that does everything.

DDOS hole detected

Discord uses cuckflare tho

The people I met online I've kept up with for 8 years now and have met up in person with when circumstances allow it. They are important to me just like my friends from high school or uni

Matrix + Riot

This or XMPP

You do realize that the tld you use doesn't have to match the country you are based in?

Use the browser version.

are you retarded?

N-No...

I talk to the woman who's marrying me. Y'all should stop being basedboys. You'll end up like Stallman and the rest: no kids, eating foot fungus in public. Even Linus and his daughter are SJWs.

If you're not working for the next generation you're working for the last.

Use it over bumblebee with irc client

>tens of millions in VC funding
>for a "free" platform
>EULA states they own all data and they can do what they want with it
connect the dots