Would you consider this a faulty product?

I bought a laptop and the screen display itself is slightly rotated by a few hundreds of a radian (maybe 2-3 hundredths or so)

I initially thought it was a resolution problem but I physically inspected the screen and either some of the screen is either missing pixels or the screen itself is faulty (rotated slightly)

Laptop was an ASUS Zenbook UX-331, pic related.

Contacted the place I bought it from, but it seems like a hassle shipping it back waiting for a replacement and such if they do offer that, would you guys just live with it or is this unacceptable (personally I think its pretty unacceptable for a $1500 laptop)

Thanks guys

Attached: laptop_display_diagram.png (884x319, 4K)

That's fucking unacceptable. Send them evidence, try and get it replaced. Unless you know and have experience in opening screens for laptops, stay away doing it yourself, you could make it worse. Just get it replaced under warranty.

Cook up a shit storm over Twitter if you have to, that gets the attention of higher up people more often

RMA

Looks like the screen itself is at an angle

Ok thanks I just wanted a second opinion to make sure I wasn't over reacting

Yea it's either that or pixels arent printed fully to cover the entire display range, but judging from what i've seen I think its just rotated slightly.

Rotation is quite common in cheaper laptops, but if it's noticeable without actually looking for it, it should be considered a defect.

This is the top left, i'm not sure if its clear, i'll include the top right as well

Attached: TL2.jpg (2448x2448, 1.09M)

top right

And you can imagine the same thing for the bottom left and bottom right, looks exactly how its stated in the OP pic

Attached: TR2.jpg (2448x2448, 1.44M)

yea I'd be pissed, OP

Unfortunately, that's probably within factory tolerance.

Fuck that, get it RMAd at once. Fucking factory tolerances and shitty workers.

I mean, probably slave child labour, but still, that isn't what you paid for.

Rma it quickly, bro.

In other news, this has got to be the first post on Jow Forums where the response isn't "trash it and get a Thinkpad"

>few hundredths of a radian
Just say one degree/half a degree?

>anus
found your problem

Attached: in search of incredible.jpg (3072x1728, 970K)

I wouldn't let it bother me

There are more important things to worry about

absolutely unacceptable

>t. Asus
will annoy you for evermore you don't RMA that lemon OP. And if they start on tolerances etc. tell them its way outwith YOUR tolerances, and they can tolerate your fucking lawyer and fucking pronto, they try pulling that shit. Not on a $1,500 laptop, not even if Apple.

can you put the mouse at the top to see if there is actual over/underscan or is the display just rotated

yes, that's awful, like the monitor had been cut from a larger reel by a drunk guy with a box cutter lol. unacceptable, take it up with the retailer first instead of dancing the RMA dance yourself.

Mouse cuts off to exactly how I described in OP pic, hence I colored the two sections active and inactive workable areas

laptops and screens have a dead pixel policy, where if a certain number (usually less than 10) pixels are dead before warranty expires you can return it. I think this would count as a fuckload of dead pixels.

id live with it

This looks like literally nothing. You made it sound much worse. Can you post a picture of the whole screen or something?

This is the bios screen idiot. Maybe the graphics isn't full screen.
You need better proofs: create a black image with the same resolution as the display, draw a red rectangle on the borders with the line width of 2 or 1 pixels and open it full screen. Now observe if the red rectangle is visible.