PSP

Why did the PSP scene die?
I still make ports for some of the games, mainly VN made in Ren'py.

Attached: 1200px-Psp-1000.jpg (1199x681, 85K)

>Why did the PSP scene die?
because the PSP was released literally 14 years ago. I had one when I was 8. I'm now 20.

It never died. It just got more niche. There are still homebrew games and ports of games released for it.

The PS Vita was supposed to succeed it, but it was a big disappointment aside from one or two games (notably Gravity Rush). Once Sony stopped giving a shit about their mobile platform, other Nintendo or phone platforms appealed to whoever was still playing their 14 year old games

Piracy

>I still make ports for some of the games
Where should i look for them? I was just about to replay some good stuff on PSP

>ren'pee
Just use onscripter you fagit

Did you not follow the ps-vita scene? It keeps getting better and better, also you can run psp Homebrew on it.

because the hardware is severely showing it's age and smartphones exist now (although they're boring af they can still do everything a psp can)

The vita was good for weebshit

IRC.
DDLC use renpy.
I'm keeping up with it, but PSP is still better IMO.

Anyone know what I need to learn and tools required to make some homebrews or edit some?
PSP 1000 series has only 16mb of RAM if I recall when but 2000/3000 have 32mg, right?
Fat or Slim for double-battery mod at the expense of the UMD drive?

heard it's because of the overprice shit proprietary memory...
heard they stopped production because people don't care....
I might check ebay for used deals though

R8 my comfy psp emulation setup

Attached: comfy.jpg (1080x720, 146K)

>wired

Attached: pasta la vista.jpg (750x573, 30K)

That looks anything but comfy

sadly my only option if I want to use a dualshock controller.

>paying for sixaxis

Buy one of those for 30$ from Aliexpress/Ebay, the 360-like ones are comfy

Not them, but I pirated it

>emulating a console whose only utility was emulating other consoles

Attached: 1536902713846.jpg (600x600, 115K)

Yeah but having those generally have ABXY buttons
I didn't pay for shit it just werk'd on my phone

So fucking what? Button mapping is what matters? I use a Xbox One controller for all my emulators, just mapped it in consequence

>used vitas are still $150+

Attached: 1454273671562.png (529x470, 483K)

Because Vita-chan.

Attached: __vita_lyrical_nanoha_mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_and_mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_a_s_drawn_by_nekom (811x840, 329K)

There's people out there still patching Win 98/2k/XP for it to support modern functionalities

reminder that Ridge Racer 2 is the best racer

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE
RAAAAAAACEEERRRR

Because you can get a Vita 1000 mode for $100 and it now does everything the PSP did.

The girls is Nanoha dressed more modestly and tastefully.

naked bits don't even look good, I much more prefer cool clothing design than shitty uncovered body. That the thing is ugly wide-hip loli is even worse.

Now look up prices of their proprietary memory cards.

Now look up the price of just using an SD-Card.

Switch is the new PSP. If you can't wait for it to get decent emulators then Vita is the best choice. A lot of people moved from PSP to Vita once it was cracked simply because it's a direct upgrade and has some additional games.

>PSP is still better IMO.
How is it better? Vita is a direct spec upgrade with a better screen and dual analog sticks. It's backwards compatible with PSP.

>Switch is the new PSP
Jailbreaking it get you banned though.

Except play disks

just use adrenaline and run every psp game ever dumped

Make a carmageddon 1 port faggot

Shit on my tit

>Ren'py.
What are the chances to make a DDLC port to it?

Just curious, as Doki Doki is Ren'py engine if memory serves me right.

because the tn panel is shit and ghosting out the ass and vita is $50 on the used market?
just bought one with oled screen and installed henkaku.

Because it was shit
Don't can't code for balls and UMD was a mistake

>DDLC port
How do you think I've played it?

Attached: ddlc.png (960x720, 1.15M)

Big fucking deal. I never even used the online features of PSP and I don't see how Switch brings anything useful. The ban doesn't prevent you from playing games or saving them.

If Sony did patent fucking xperia "gamephone" shtick we could finally get superior "PSPphones" that could emulate everything just the same, had physical input and would double as any smartphone. Portability is only reason anyone would want psp, but why have psp when you can emulate on any android phone? Carrying another brick defeats the purpose of having it in first place.
All this faggot gayming companies making "gamephones" yet they can't figure that they can bypass sony's patent by simply manufacturing additional iphone junglecat like accessory to fit their phones, so you can have your smartphone AND psp without carrying additional shit.

I have both a PSP 3000 and a Vita 2000. Vita does literally everything, my PSP is exclusively used for playing PS1 games with 240p component output to my 27" SD CRT.

Thinking of getting a PSP GO for PS3 controller use. Vita is king though, I pity the fools that not know such joys.

Attached: grab025692.jpg (640x480, 24K)

looks cool

Nearly everyone on the psp scene moved on to 3DS and PS Vita scene.

The retarded discs

Vita could have been legendary but sony fucking dropped the ball so hard ill never forgive them

Best handled of all time