If the t420 is the t420 of laptops

if the t420 is the t420 of laptops
and the ak47 is the t420 of rifles
what is the t420 of other categories of goods?

Attached: maxresdefault (asdfadsf1).jpg (3000x1688, 330K)

After much deliberation I think if you're not poor old thinkpads aren't worth it desu. Ryzen ones offer better performance, battery life, and exponentially better integrated graphics and hw video decoding.

its only like 37% faster according to userbenchmark
i got my t420 for £67
2700u ryzen thinkpad would be 10x expensive
yea, graphics would be better but your sacrificing the keyboard and socketed cpus
i guess if you got a high paying job it doesn't really matter

MDR-V6 is the T420 of headphones

15" Ryzen thinkpad with numpad fucking when? Proper thinkpad, not the fake e-series chinkshit.

> keyboard
I don't care about performance on a portable devices, only power efficiency, but I literally can't play any of my favourite games without numpad or proper top cluster on 8row keyboard.

It's actually twice as fast while using less than half the power.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-28-12-17-04(1).jpg (720x366, 94K)

>I don't care about performance on a portable devices, only power efficiency, but I literally can't play any of my favourite games without numpad or proper top cluster on 8row keyboard.
This desu. I'm not of this freshman-tier generation of poor wankstas who shells out for "gaming laptops". I bought a $3000 Sager laptop a while back and it BSODs all the fucking time and its battery life is about 3 minutes. The PC I built 10 years ago is still competitive in performance and never BSODs on Windows. My gaming and data-intensive stuff is done on a proper full tower PC that I built myself. In a laptop, I just want battery rife, reliability, and self-serviceability if necessary.
Being that laptops are inherent, hard-to-maintanence garbage and expensive to boot, it makes sense to only get cheap ones. ThinkPads are not only cheap and reliable but the proper models are eminently self-serviceable. They even mark what screws correspond to what. When will we ever get such function-before-form, user-focused design again? I don't know, but, in the meantime, ThinkPads are still bae. And my piece of shit $280 X220 gets 10-12 hours of battery (extended battery with an extra cylinder) on the *buntus.

Attached: Mecha_Dehaka_Insignia_Portrait.png (152x152, 26K)

can you recommend a 10-12" laptop with at least like 1024 vertical pixels. looking to replace my 1440x900 x200s

Btw, and that Sager can't even "game" properly; HotS stutters. There's hardware stutter. On this giant "gaming laptop" with a desktop 980 in-fucking-side of it, there's hardware stutter in a game. I can't even KVM muh controls to it and play HotS instead of dual booting because a top tier gaming laptop can barely run games.
Also, my X220 came from Saudi Arabia, and it had this yellow lint shit in the air vent which I think may actually be camel fur.

Bob Sager, games on medium laptop

10-12 is too big. What are you doing. Have you learned nothing?
But

I would say the T420 is the AKM and the T410 is the original AK-47

Attached: IMG_20180920_232831.jpg (2048x1152, 1014K)

yea of course if you compare a dual core with a quadcore, the quadcore will be twice as fast
u can put in a quadcore i7 in the t420

Moto G1 is the T420 of Android Smartphones

>IF
Even then it results in half the poor battery life it already has and TDP/thermal throttling problems.

the t420 of movies

Attached: MV5BMTNjYTA1NDMtZGZmZi00MTdiLThjZTMtZWU1MGYyZjZkNzgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1012x1500, 347K)

>IF
Who the fuck even uses i5 in a mobile workstation? A year ago I was monitoring ebay for T420, M4600 and whatever their HP competitor was and pretty much all of them had i7.

the nokia 515 has no wifi, no touchscreen, a metal body and a gorilla glass screen

Attached: 51s-o5sMm+L._SX679_.jpg (679x340, 25K)

>T410
>no sata3
>no 16GB support
yeah... no

dual cores not quad cores, what you fail to understand is the 35W TDP throttle on the thinkpad that wasn't designed for a 45W quad-core i7.

>the quadcore will be twice as fast
not in all tasks. the quadcore is lower frequency. the quadcore can even end up feeling more sluggish in general use.

Emacs is the T420 of editors.

F-91W is the T420 of watches

>t420
so it's old, thick, bad, hot and loud?
Returned one I got "refurbished" and made sure to damage it to give the seller the finger for selling me a piece of shit laptop
still got 100% of my money including shipping back
never listen to /tpg/

They're all refurbished. They're not made anymore. They're like functional antiques unironically better than new shit.

>better than new shit
I don't know, I've personally never used a laptop as bad as that thinkpad

Try anything Apple
And anything else because everyone mimicks Apple because normies outnumber TRUE GENTLEMEN even in CS classes

even the gentlesirs in my CS course agreed that thinkpads are shit
Only person i've met that liked it was some obnoxious openly gay guy who had the early 2000s alt rock aesthetic going in fucking 2017.

>even the gentlesirs in my CS course agreed that thinkpads are shit
What you basically just said is that you and your friends are nu-age onions bois.
Thanks for reifying my statistics.

>first day of class
>pull out chadnasonic sz6
>hdmi, vga, ethernet, three (3) full-size usb 3.1 ports
>12" 1920x1200 16:10 matte ips lcd
>status lights like an old thinkpad
>brushed metal like a macbook
>DVD-FUCKING-RAM burner
When did you realize nips have made a comeback in the PC market? If it wasn't for the shit touchpad and lack of trackpoint everyone would be tossing their chinkpads in the trash.

I never use the nip. It's hard to control. All it does is sit there and get in the way of pressing the B key. I've fantasized about ripping it the fuck out.
Trackpads are great as long as you put the fucking BUTTONS ON THE BOTTOM SO YOU CAN HIT THEM WITH YOUR THUMB. Which of course many ThinkPads don't.

And now that I'm thinking about it they probably put them at the top so that nip users can easily access them with THEIR thumb.
It's people like you. I hope you die of slow bone cancer.

how much does it cost?

200k japanese yen, about 1760 burgers

Ryzen 2600: CPUs
GTX 1060: Videocards
Mi A1: Pḧones

nigger are you for real spending this kind of money on a laptop

People spend upwards of 2k on macbooks.

T60/61/400: OG AK74
T420: AKM
T430: AK74
T440: AK74M

yes and we call them retards

Thousands for shitty battery life and economically-scaling prebuilt hardware impossible to replace and guaranteed to take a shit in a few years
I hope you're financially ruined by ultimately futile cancer treatments friendo. :3

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀.jpg (450x495, 38K)

I get 10 hours of battery life and replaceable battery/SSD/RAM. Meanwhile macbook users eat shit.

W700: RPK
W700ds: RPKN

Either one of these for mice.

Attached: Logitech-G400-Comparison-with-MX518-White1.jpg (1600x1200, 87K)

What is the T420 / AK47 of desktop speakers?

Attached: 1535101988135.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

>if you're rich you're better off wasting money
Something tells me you're not the rich one in this context

90's rigid MTBs are the t420 of bikes

Those old JVC ones that sound amazing, I think they came with some Compaq desktop like 20 years ago.

Rokit

kek

t420 of:
watches- vostok amphibia
pens- fisher space pen
pocket knives- opinel
smartphones- wish i knew
office chairs- wish i knew
sunglasses- wish i knew
microphones- samsom gomic
mouse- microsoft intelimouse
pocket flashlight- some japanese one, help me anons you know the name
headphones- wish i knew

aluminum lamy safari is the t420 of pens.
dr bronner's soap is the t420 of soap
technics SL1200 is the t420 of record players
moto g5 is the t420 of phones
shure sm57 is the t420 of mics

Exactly, older and not as reliable, but can still get work done

>office chairs
this one

Attached: ikea_markus_chair_3d_model_c4d_max_obj_fbx_ma_lwo_3ds_3dm_stl_1423901_o.jpg (1500x1500, 162K)

Logitech Z2300
t. use mine daily for over 10 years without breaking

zero adjustability, it's like a budget mac. I guess the closest thing would be a used herman miller