So ubuntu is obviously the best linux distro, but if i want it less bloated, which version shall i swap to?

so ubuntu is obviously the best linux distro, but if i want it less bloated, which version shall i swap to?

Attached: ubuntu-18.04.png (1200x628, 159K)

Nobuntu

Do a minimal install

Mint or Debian.

Ubuntu server or Debain netinstall might be what you're looking for

stop using buzzwords like bloated

Lubuntu?

this

Install only the packages you want.

It still comes with systemd so if you're an autist and want slow boots go with devuan or something.

>so ubuntu is obviously the best linux distro
This is what you inevitably think until you have more experience.
You're on the correct path.

You are halfway there.

Attached: 1384887026187.png (1327x879, 528K)

I think that's because old men don't get fresh hardware or, in the current old men's generation, care about GPU performance.
And I guess they tolerate wontfix DE bugs better?

Attached: Ryder visible confusion.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

1. Stage of using linux: I'll stick with ubuntu/mint because they are easier to understand.
2. Stage of using linux: Switch between few distros for experience, install arch and tell everyone about it on Jow Forums.org/g
3. Stage of using linux: Understand that all distros are basically the same and switch back to ubuntu/mint because they are least likely to break and you don't have to do any maintaining.

>rolling is the same as point

>rolling isn't the same as point except in bad ways because i dont understand the good ways because im at stage 1

4. Stage: Windows

Who the fuck uses CentOS as a daily driver? On the desktop, kek?

Just no.

So Karl Marx was using debian?

Gentoo

Attached: 2018-09-28-142252_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.8M)

>Debian ever in TYOOL 2018
>CentOS ever running on a setup with a head
Ubuntu, Fedora, and Arch are the only distros worth using. The Debian and Mint repositories are not nearly well-kept enough.

There's no point in reinventing the wheel. Just use Ubuntu.

Just don't use a computer llooooooooollll

Cinnamon.

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 41K)

see
why?
Shared libraries on both, high package count doesn't mean anything.
Install server or net install and install packages using --no-install-recommends.
Done.
Also consider Fedora or RHEL/Centos, but if you don't have a reason, then why? The later probably have less problems than Debian Stable, and Fedora is like Ubuntu but it updates faster, also they might be more secure thanks to SELinux.
The sweet point is Ubuntu LTS, updates faster than RHEL but slower than Fedora.
So, Ubuntu LTS server, with aptitude you can see the meta packages (tasks) for installing a DE, or you can install i3 or dwm too.
Oh and I forgot, server/net installs don't have a way to connect to internet with gui or gpu/microcode drivers. Etc.

Yeah but if it's your only machine is good to have centos on another partition to get a job done if Fedora/Ubuntu breaks.
Arch never lol

That's stage 0.

I'd recommend Solus unironically but Kevin ruined its reputation here during its early phases.

Kubuntu is beautiful once properly riced.

Attached: kderice.jpg (1366x2304, 591K)

What the

fuck

is up with this spacing

How do I get Ubuntu with Cinnamon?

kubuntu works for my i3 4gb ram thinkpad

Installed ubuntu server + lxde-core on my laptop. Kindof regret it, should've just installed lubuntu and apt removed all the bloat. Pretty useful though if you don't use any of the default software though.

KDE always plays weird with me, I prefer xfce (or lxde for mobile things)

Install linuxmint 19 w/ cinnamon de.
It's basically ubuntu LTS.

systemd

causes

slow

boots

Being adult means not wasting time with linux as your daily driver.

2x this.

I used to hate noobuntu, but the latest LTS minimal install is actually quite good.

debian

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon
sudo apt update && sudo apt install cinnamon