7 vs 10

I'm about to format my gaming rig and I'm trying to decide if I should stick with Windows 7 or make the jump to 10 mainly so I have a more modern OS.

I know I'll have to disable all the telemetry bullshit, and I'll also want to disable all the tiles too. Is there any reason to stick with windows 7 or should I make the switch?

Attached: 710.jpg (300x300, 18K)

I also use windows 7 but after reading the W10 ratings in / g / I'm thinking of continuing some more with 7.

>Disable the telemetry bullshit
Good luck

Attached: Artsy2.jpg (680x680, 34K)

>Is there any reason to stick with windows 7 or should I make the switch?
You're a fucking retard, the question you should be asking is if there is any reason to make the switch to 10, not the other way round.

Vista

Attached: vista-to-windows-10-steps.jpg (1600x900, 192K)

Win7 my friend.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1104x516, 99K)

I prefer using 7 for personal use, however if you have newer hardware, using it is a pain and not worth it more often than not.

Why do you even need to ask?

You can't really disable it. There's nothing modern about it that makes it better, the most annoying things about w10 is the forced updates/restarts and your settings randomly switching to default.

The only downside of w7 vs w10 are dx12 only games which looks like you don't know about so you should stick to 7 unless you need it.

I'm aware of DX12 but it's not a big deal for me and doesn't seem like a big enough reason by itself to make me switch. It sounds like the telemetry is going to be a lot more painful than I imagined.

I have no problems with 7, so it looks like I'm best sticking with it.

Is there a shell that leaves the W7 with the W10 visual?

You'll be back on Windows 7 either way.

Attached: ingrid.png (298x266, 140K)

The general rule is, if you even have to ask then just stick with or go to 10.

>W7 with the W10 visual
But why would you want such a horrible thing?

I identified more with the look of 10, although I also like 7.

If you can, install 7. If your hardware doesn't support it (like raven ridge) you better hop to linux.

I assume the only reason you want windows is gaymen. If so Linux and then have a windows VM and a dedicated GPU for the VM that is good enough for the games you want to play. Look up lookingglass.

W7 and then 8.1 classic shell and then 2023 happens and we're fucked.

just use windows 10 it's fantastic

I used Windows 10 for a while. It's not too bad honestly, but know that it does pipe all your datas to microsoft

Windows 7

Dude, just get Windows 10 LTSB.
No Cortana, no preinstalled garbage (e.g. Candy Crush), and slightly less telemetry collection.
You could just install the LTSB and not really have to do anything else, it's fine out of the box.

Don't install an outdated Windows OS because of muh privacy. Windows 7 and other Windows operating systems still collect your information and have backdoors; Windows 10 is just more upfront about it. If still you want to try to disable the telemetry on the LTSB to make your feel better, go ahead. But if all you want to do is some gaymen, then just use the LTSB and enjoy your gaymes.

Windows 10 education > Windows 7

If you plan to jump to a newer OS choose 8.1 if you absolutely must

Do you need a license or something for LTSB?

Windows 7 till it dies, 10 is just like Linux, you gotta spend a few days configuring it so it works properly.

Attached: 122334567.jpg (3840x2160, 407K)

LTSB is volume licensed and only sold in large batches to organizations and companies. You basically can't get it legitly as a home user so you need an activator such as KMSPico, KMS-VL-ALL or Microsoft Toolkit.

What's the best way of doing this nowerdays?

You don't need a license/product key for Windows at all. Simply don't enter a product key during installation.
You'll get a watermark on the bottom right of your screen, but outside of that Windows will function normally. Even then, there are tools to remove the watermark.

use windows 7, windows 10 has a lot of bullshit such as ads, unnecessarily high use of cpu and some other shit

8 but classic shell

Posting Windows 10 eyerape

The UI is so redundant and bloated in W10 it's mind boggling.

Attached: NANI_THE_FUCK.png (1122x704, 60K)

Install 10.

It depends on the era of games. Several things to consider that windows 10 fucks up:
1) some DRM protection on CD-rom computer games doesn't function properly
2)DirectX "3D acceleration" in older/2000era games - on windows 10 it'll say your graphics card isn't supported, but lo and behold, on windows 7 it is supported.
3)old games from digital distribution e.g. fallout 3, bioshock, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

But if you're looking at the newest and greatest, windows 10 is alright.

You can morons just use win 10? Do you think you're cool running windows 7? Fucking dumbasses.

P A J E E T
A
J
E
E
T

>emet.dll not found
Stop larping, faggot.

Not seeing any clear advantage using 10 over 7. None.

If you don't want to pay for the support, and leave your ass flapping in the wind, don't use windows 10.

Who pays for support anyway?

Mostly businesses. Consumers (You) should make the switch.

I did switch.
To Linux
Years ago
Not even looking back

I use arch, but I need windows to do research. If use windows as your main driver, use windows 10.