USB C is dangerous crap

it just fried my smartphone
>be me
>late at night
>go to charge my phone seeing half my usb c cable is torn but still half intact, it charges no problem
>telling myself, fuck it ill let it charge and when i wake up i gonna put a tape on it,
>early morning, woke up, see my phone only charged 60%
>pull out the usb cable and put inside again
> hears a click, phone turned dead even with other usb cable

nice engineering faggots, fell for the USB C MEME

Attached: belkin-usb-type-c-840x428-1.jpg (640x326, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSvpDbsJmSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well dunno if it's a type c or usb problem in general.
>be me
>visit cousin
>he has a brand new huawei p9 lite
>borrow his charger to charge my nexus 4
>nexus 4's bottom plastic is slightly melted
>the charger's plastic melted on my fingers when I removed it, like a chocolate bar in the summer
>had to replace the charging port of the nexus

Have had no problems with galaxy note's charger or lg g4s.

>cable is torn
>Still use it
I'm sure it was indeed usb c that killed your phone

is that usual thing? if the cable is half torn but still charging, what would make it kill the phone?

>USB C is dangerous crap
>go to charge my phone seeing half my usb c cable is torn

Attached: 6 million thnooks.png (882x884, 55K)

>ive broken a power cable
>i force the power cable to break my phone
>"cable connector type of power cable sucks!"
kys

kys usb type c shill, it would never happen with normal micro usb

You don't deserve nice things.

Retard

pls be bait

what died was a chinkphone tho, but still, how could i foresee the outcome?

>damage device due to retardation
>WOW IT'S TECHNOLOGY'S FAULT
every time

>using a torn cable

dumb baitposter

>cable is obviously damaged
>still use it

What the fuck. Why? How stupid can you get?

Now do it with a power cable and tell the results

its not a bait faggot, happend today
i wouldve show pics if my phone wasnt dead

I don’t know, maybe by activating your pair of neurons when you saw your torn cable?

only had this one cabe and i needed it charged for tommorow

You probably had a short and fried something. Good job, dummy.

if it charges, what indicator is that it can damage my phone in some way?

>i don't understand electricity

If the cable being damaged wasn’t a good enough indicator then you are a dumb bitch.

Calm down on the autism anons. That dude obviously is used to running over his headphone cables and things that broken wires just need to be wiggled a little to make them work again due to his inability to grasp that actual power cables are dangerous as fuck.

I think that's exactly his point, you fucking retard, he doesn't understand and is asking about it.

Then him (and you) can fuck off and use Google

neither do you, apparently

true, i dont understand
redpill me please

Similar thing happened to me. Tried to charge me nexus, about 3 months old. Hear "bzzzt" and sees a bit of smoke.

Sucked to be without phone when they changed the motherboard

>propaganda about how shit the best implementation of USB in history
100% that next year Apple books will have a new connector, screen this

in the same way you see an exotic snake, you probably shouldn't touch it unless you can identify what every line means.
If someone can explain why its charging but killing it that would be epic anyways; my guess is the ground was fried or halfway snipped

>See's a damaged cable
>Tries to charge his phone over it
Get rekt user. YOU are the dangerous crap.

post pic of cable

>Use damaged cable
>Blame standard for own stupidity
Go home newfag

Attached: IMG_20180928_232327.jpg (2448x3264, 856K)

jesus christ man why the fuck would you even try this

>this NPC tier reaction
What if the cable is broken in a way that's not visually apparent? Does this happen with previous versions of USB if the cable is damaged? To me this shit sounds good to know.

Attached: 1505460207270.png (339x415, 136K)

this

This is pretty much what my iphone charger looks like. It has even given me some light zaps when I make contact with it.

I should probably buy a new one.

to be noted, it looks worse in the pic because i wanted to see whats inside, but when i charged the damage was only the "steel hairs" showing

>charging anything overnight
Be glad you didn't die in a housefire.

>go to charge my phone seeing half my usb c cable is torn but still half intact, it charges no problem
Shame it didnt shock you while it was at burning your phone

>What if the cable is broken in a way that's not visually apparent?
>cable is torn

at this point i think the majority of Jow Forums is just a bunch of AI bots for some big experiment

>Does this happen with previous versions of USB if the cable is damaged?
Try applying 5V to the data lines and tell me. A bad AC cable with a break that isn't visible can easily burn a house down. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not broken, and this is why we have protective devices that cut current in the event of a short or surge.

omgwtfbbq

X____X
user.
What the fuck?

Attached: steel_hairs.png (496x547, 390K)

scary if true. subscribed
like my reddit frontpage

sorry ive never been on reddit in my life

I peruse some pretty obscure reddits Jow Forumsuys
be sure to upboat my AMA

this is 100% bait, but im gonna leave this here anyway.

electronics can not magically ascend past the laws of physics just to protect against literal retards. but hey, if your idiocy has already reached that point then I don't expect you to understand the importance of common sense

This is cable ppl i work with use to charge their iPhones

Attached: 20180928_230637.jpg (4160x3120, 3.85M)

That's not a cable, it's a fire hazard.

>"steel hairs"
Is this some next-level bait?

iFags are the worst, every one at my job has janky frayed cables like that too for their iPhones because they're too cheap to buy cables that aren't barely held together with electrical tape.

Design your own cable, produce it yourself since the current ones aren't good enough for you. But instead, I recommend you do something more towards your aptitude, such as killing yourself.

do you handle corrosive materials and rats as a means to make a living perchance? #neetmasterrace #nophone #hillbillyinthecity
I think micro USB 2.0 had a sort of "lock" where it wouldn't accept charge or fully connect without being locked in place.

they should use magnets lul, remember those little adapters where you could just snap in a magnet a magsafe? back when applel stood for something

youtube.com/watch?v=JSvpDbsJmSA (subscribe to my yt, click the bell etc)
kind of looks like a braided cable, not sure though.

And this shit is always plugged in when its their shift. Should i mention that when its not used its dumped in dusty corner with lots of other cables and pieces of paper.

lmao kys itoddler

jeez chillout, i dont have iphone and i dont use this cable, cant you read?

no i dont do such a thing for a living

>half my usb c cable is torn
>use it anyway

Attached: son i am disappoint.jpg (400x500, 121K)

u retarded bro

Attached: 1537131504645.jpg (372x527, 27K)

>I think micro USB 2.0 had a sort of "lock" where it wouldn't accept charge or fully connect without being locked in place.
that still won't help if the pins are crossed or connected wrong.

>they should use magnets lul, remember those little adapters where you could just snap in a magnet a magsafe?
im pretty sure you can still buy adapters like that from the chinamen

>I think micro USB 2.0 had a sort of "lock" where it wouldn't accept charge or fully connect without being locked in place.
Micro USB-A has no such feature, the hooks are there just to push the cable down to keep good contact between the terminals because it's a shit plug design, if you used a micro-USB cable that is both loose and has damaged conductors it also would fry the phone the moment the pins made contact.

Dude it has the inner wires popping out.

hmm.
yes, but why couldn't they support data transfer and be integrated into the phone?
I can't see why they wouldn't be able to support data transfer unless they magnetic fields distort data or something? I have only cursory understanding of physics so I guess it really could be impossible or not worth engineering.
I just can't put my finger on what why not.

Jesus fucking Christ, I really hope you are 10 years old or the worst baiter ever

>what would make it kill the phone
The fact that the cable was half torn means that any cable could be in contact of another cable any moment. That means short-circuits and other bad stuff can happen.
It's probably what ruined your phone. You shouldn't use a broken cable, obviously. It would happen with any kind of cable.

Congrats, you managed to do what an USBkill can't.

pic related, it's you.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

> Use Broken Cable
Are you brain damaged?

>use broken usb3 cable
>shove it into your phone
>it fries your phone
>blame the connector type

A thread died for this. sage

>$250 to $700 smart phone
>doesn't spend $3 on a braided cable

wew lad

How or why was it damaged to begin with, you massive retard?

>drive to gas station
>buy new cable

it's literally that easy. Hell I've never had the shitty gas station cables break on me

no idea, i suspected it got run over by a chair, but after trying to run over it with a chair, i concluded its not from chair because the chair didnt damage, BUT bending gently the cable made the wire inside break like a broken rib in a guy, so i figured out the cable perhaps bursted from the inside

>what would make it kill the phone?

This deserves a good answer.

My guess is sending power over the data cables, but I would expect them to handle at least 5V.
OP were you using a quick charger? - maybe it was somehow tricked into putting out too much power by a rogue signal?

Or $15 on a wireless charger.

The subject should read: "Being an idiot is dangerous crap"

the phone has the capability of quick charging so i guess yeah, the cable was also really hot

Perhaps more realistically, tear the fat ground wire for power. Now unless the data ground pin is isolated, electricity will try to go down the power wire and return on data ground. Data ground is probably designed for 5V and super low amps, while power will be more volts and more amps.

>seeing half my usb c cable is torn
you're a literal brainlet and you deserve what you did to your phone.

This is completely your fault retard.

Wow /b/is here too now

People like you should've buy a phone with Wireless Charging.

>while power will be more volts and more amps.
Wires don't bother about volts, just amps. Insulation takes care of volts.

>be you
>go to "charge" your fleshlight seeing dick is torn but still half intact.
>disregard agony, 60% erection.
>pull out and re-insert into known-good fleshlight.
> *click* Head detached, gangrene ensues.

It is possible to take Cartesian Dualism rather too far when theorizing about how things work, but that malady isn't exclusive to Zoomers, I have found.

wew

First time on Jow Forums in years and I see people are just as stupid.

op is a faggot

wow you're a fucking idiot

>>go to charge my phone seeing half my usb c cable is torn but still half intact
PEBKAC strikes again.

AC power is dangerous crap

it just fried my tv
>be me
>late at night
>go to plug in and switch on my tv seeing the power cable is torn but still half intact, powers on no problems
>telling myself fuck it, ill watch it anyway and when i wake up ill put tape on it
>early morning woke up see my tv only in standby mode
>pull out the cable and put it back in again
>hear a click, tv dead, even with other power cable

>>go to charge my phone seeing half my usb c cable is torn but still half intact, it charges no problem
I know that feeling fellow user, my hairdryer's wire was all frayed in random spots, this was back in the 80s and I had long rocker hair so I'd wave my head back and forth while I dried it and would receive random electric shocks, plot twist, I was in a tub full of water at the same time! Ain't that crazy or what?

Someone please screencap this shit, OP just can stop sucking cock

People are shitting on OP for using a broken cable but this really is a problem imo. People are used to using micro usb cables until they stop working, even if there is visible damage. Making the successor to micro usb so that it has the potential to destroy your device if you use it in a similar way is shit design.

I fried a apple charger when I put it into my android.

Electricity isn’t that different from water power, there needs to be flow.
If the water goes in but doesn’t come back out again you’ll get flooding.
Same thing.

t. physics class ran out of time on electrical stuff because kinematics took too long as most of the class didn’t know linear algebra despite it being a prerequisite

> implying OP is not a 13 year old faggot