CAD on Linux

Does CAD software works well with Linux and Wine (or an alternative)?
I'm thinking to migrating from Winjew but I need stuff like CATIA, ANSYS, Solidworks, MathLab for work.

Attached: 1.jpg (1364x728, 122K)

I'm afraid you're stuck for now.

Solidworks does.

nah you're going to have to use windows

[spoiler]windows has a monopoly on effective cad software and other professional applications[/spoiler]

I see, thanks

Attached: annGAxwY_700w_0.jpg (700x502, 45K)

Windows is the standard in the corporate world. Without windows the corporate world would crawl to a halt. CAD, word processing, mail are all windows based where I work.

Just dual boot and use Winblows for work and Linux for anything else.

Just try it in Wine, it works pretty great nowadays. You could also use a VM +looking glass

>dual boot
hello 2008, welcome to 2018

Just get a mac. It's UNIX for productive people

Nah, I actually had a mac about 4 years ago with Windows in dual boot. After a while it was pretty shit to swich everytime from MasOs to Windows so put it in default and only used it in the end.

Mac can't run shit without a VM or Wine. Like linux, but at least linux can be riced and debloated.

For most software it run nicely, I was able to play Crysis 2 on a maxed out Macbook pro with Wine (a bit laggy with some textures tho, at mid settings). What I'm concerned is performance for the softwares I mentionned before that are pretty specific.

>CATIA, ANSYS, Solidworks, MathLab for work.

I doubt you need ALL of those. I used CATIA and Solid on my job, but I never needed both of them.

Indeed, I don't use Solidworks anymore because I switched to CATIA (and I almost only use it), but I still keep it to be able to eventually open old projects. ANSYS and Mathlab are also used rarely but are needed for specific college projects that require them.

use blender

Attached: 1529804764879.jpg (460x432, 31K)

Attached: 1472155813040.jpg (268x265, 16K)

>I switched to CATIA

Great choice. I could never understand why do people like SW.

It's easyer for most ppl to start with it when it's their first CAD soft. But yeah, in the end it way too limited and is way more voracious than chrome for ram and shit.

Where from are you anyway? Balkans?

Why Balkans? From frogland.

no because loonix devs spend more time ricing their computer than actually developing support for productive professional programs

Just a hunch. Because we're more prone to pirating these software in our workplaces.

>Without windows the corporate world would crawl to a halt.
If windows somehow suddenly became inaccessible you can be sure they would produce versions for POSIX like systems within 6 months.

I was raised on Inventor, and Solidworks just feels off. I fuckin hate CATIA though. The mouse controls are just bass-ackwards.