Why are programmers such pricks?

Why are programmers such pricks?

Attached: rami.jpg (461x401, 38K)

Are they? Or is it just you?

Attached: Are you alright son?.jpg (542x428, 22K)

Hackers have a low tolerance for stupidity. That's probably why you set them off.

A lot of them only do it for the money, so they build up this fake persona where anything they don't like or know is bad and anyone who has lass experience than them MUST BE TRASH so they don't lose their job.

They don't care if you learn, they want to keep their job (you might replace them and take their job)
They don't care about being nice (if you don't want to work there, they keep their job)

etc etc etc

Say that to my face not online, and see what happens kid

cause you're a shmuck.

because most of them only deal with other people's problems all day

Aspergers.

Autism

Most hackers/programmers are brainlets though.

Not the real ones who actually understand computers and aren't just writing Python programs in Sublime.

Because their job is basically to be wizards. Programming might as well be magic to most normies. Now if you're a wizard casting magic spells you're not going to have much tolerance for retards who can't even comprehend what it is you do. And you don't really need to tolerate them, tolerating other people's bullshit won't make your code better.

Get outta here.

This.
t. programmer

Most of them are still brainlets at everything except programming. I doubt there's a respected profession that attracts more one dimensional brainlets.

Those are the same thing you dipshits.

This but unironically.
Just look at Node and NPM.

The fact that dynamic typing exists and is widely used says it all really.

unorganized programmers are pricks. if you step into any legacy codebase and find no comments, zero documentation, and people who can't remember what they had for lunch yesterday walk out the door immediately if at all possible. autism is a serious problem that needs international attention at this point

test

>[language i dislike] programmers who use [text editor I don't like] are brainlets!
t.virgin cuck with no job

Good programmers are

Attached: 1537856065759.png (569x569, 560K)

most of us (that are not webdevs and/or IOS developers, those may be normies) are either autistic or was bullied.

that's why we are dicks.

If you have half a braincell and have spent any time in IT/Software you would know why "Old White Men" are perceived as "Grumps, assholes, etc"

i'm not a prick

Litterally no one calls them programmers
They are dev
And most are fine
The really smart ones need quiet and organised meetings
The stupid ones are just NPCs

I'd pin him to the ground and stick my fat erect cock deep inside of his rectum.

That'll "prick" them.

Based. Non-programmers are subhuman.

They get used to things that behave very predictably, like their programs, and that they can go through and figure out specifically why programs did what they did. Dealing with other people is so much different. It's a bit like digital versus analog. Digital can be easier to work with, while analog has a lot more room for variation and also a higher chance of error. Ideally, you'd have programmers and devs with those with people skills between them and clients, to make up for devs using social skills as a dump stat in exchange for brilliant programming skills, but with open source, you often end up dealing directly with devs, and that sometimes just won't end well.

no. autism includes aspergers but vice versa is not true

Because 90% of them are white supremacists

Attached: programming diversity.png (811x915, 1.12M)

Aspergers is an outdated term and was rolled into autism spectrum disorders.

Because they don't care about you, they care about the code. You as a person do not matter.

Attached: 1485973317790.gif (512x481, 644K)

as the proverbial beach-going chad must kick sand in the face of the sand castle-building virgin, so to must the programmer or network admin be a dick to the filthy helpdesk peasant. it is natural law. the strong must prey on the weak to control their numbers

Attached: d225dc90-a627-47c9-81b9-2edef33ebc7e..jpg (640x428, 54K)

And you have them both!

I go to an Ivy and almost everyone there has taken programming classes

It’s strange. Not everyone who likes math or is good at math likes programming. But stranger, not everyone who is weaker at math is bad at programming.

Not everyone who likes programming is good at it, either. Even smelly nerds. It really is a strange passion.

Those who are the best at it are like the homeless savants at the park who are excellent at chess, only they were handed a laptop instead of a board.

Found the python sublime user.

Because your patch is fucking garbage. Stop making pull requests, nigger.

hey
sublime is good
and python is a good tool in a hacker's selection
fuck you

We're not. Just stop being annoying with this dumb shit.

Compared to what, cops? Brokers? Basically anyone who works in finance? (Doctors, by the way, are much bigger pricks than lawyers, on the whole, who are a lot more fun to be around.) Presumptuous, yes, but some things can't be attempted at all without a whole lot of that. Pricks? Not particularly, though I've met an administrator or two who's a real piece of work.

Good programmers are usually prick if they're your superior, otherwise it's pretty chill.
I have a habit of putting myself down by publicly saying that I'm not a good programmer so people don't expect too much from me, and therefore I don't need to deal with pricks most of the time. Learned this while at the university. Despite having above average skills I always hated competition and getting out of my comfort zone.

Attached: 1522541510373.jpg (1200x848, 874K)

They are literally autistic and can't process emotions like normal people.

I am not meming or being ironic. This is an open secret of the software industry.

They all want to appear smarter than each other, and so instead of building each other up in the eyes of management, they often tear eac other down - in direct contrast to the behavior in real professions.

Since from management's viewpoint, they often contradict each other and are so impossibly contrarian that they often simply cannot arrive at any consensus no matter how much time they're afforded, management often concludes that NONE of them know what they're.

Build each other up, bros & hoes. Present a unified front. Don't let management conclude you're clowns.

(26 year pure dev career here)

Attached: 1529897221129.jpg (900x439, 105K)

that was

"They often contradict each other and are so impossibly contrarian that they simply cannot arrive at any consensus no matter how much time they're afforded, leading management to conclude that NONE of them really know what they're doing."

Attached: download.jpg (181x278, 11K)

They like to believe they're
>tfw to intelligent
but in actuality its because they stay inside all day and gain no social skills or exercise. On top of that, the problem solving nature of coding makes them feel like geniuses or something when really they just googled shit.

There are some programmers that actually exercise, have a wife and house, is well groomed and speaks clearly to people. The fat nu-male hobgoblin with a beard who posts on linux fanclub forums is probably a dick though. He just needs to get out more and stop acting like he's better than everyone.