Trojans in browser installation files

Just checked a bunch of modern browsers on virustotal and similar sites and 99% had viruses or other malicious elements. Some versions for linux didn't.

Attached: mozzarellafirefox.png (400x300, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

website-archive.mozilla.org/www.mozilla.org/firefox_releasenotes/en-US/firefox/releases/0.8.html
virustotal.com/#/file/bb59777730cf793335ae2fc0b0e7ced9bc20cd53b9f099c14f143a01a8d50e28/detection
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not compiling from source

Or, at the very least
>not downloading official binaries only AND comparing hashes

Example?

>"rreeeeeee"
>"nooooo, stop destoying my anti-ff narrative!1"

Firefox fow windose , uc browser(trojan), chrome( after installation) vivaldi, and more.

Wow

Like these binaries? website-archive.mozilla.org/www.mozilla.org/firefox_releasenotes/en-US/firefox/releases/0.8.html

Interesting bait thread

And source?

Ok. Guess they could be false positives, maybe not all of them

Post the VirusTotal links or GTFO.

The absolute state of Jow Forums

>want to use firefox
>allow_execstack (on , off) Allow unconfined executables to make their stack executable. This should never, ever be necessary. Probably indicates a badly coded executable, but could indicate an attack. This executable should be reported in bugzilla"

Attached: 1538012660777.png (1281x694, 827K)

hahahahhaha
virustotal.com/#/file/bb59777730cf793335ae2fc0b0e7ced9bc20cd53b9f099c14f143a01a8d50e28/detection

OP is quite correct, referring to portable apps

When you download software from official distribution repos you (usually) don't have this problem.

DO NOT CLICK

IS VIRUS

Isn't it official? mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Also tried offline 32 win installs-same. But linux 64 version doesn't show that

Can confirm shortly after clicking that link my computer started to

To melt? That site virustotal is owned by google

Recommend me a CIA nigger-free browser, please.

Attached: Sleep Tight Terry.png (548x410, 174K)

Qutebrowser is pretty good. No GlowWare as far as I can tell. Minimal interface written in python on top of QTWebEngine.

Sleep Tight Terry

hey op, just to be clear, since you obviously aren't
you did test the archives from mozilla's FTP right
i bet you didn't [test anything]

>VIRUS
Wyrus

Nope, What's the link?

Why should everyone know mozilla's ftp archives? I tested windows versions, just out of curiosity.

Sleep Tight Terry

and where did you get them?

firefox esr

Managed to not get fingerprinted with some addons, panopticlick
I'd say icecat but you just draw attention so just chrome with only ublock, HTTPS everywhere and no script.

>for Linux
GNU or Android?

Same place. Mozilla.org

Sleep Tight Terry

>doesn't post said results in detail
kys

I checked these out and as expected, they both have Trojans in them

Detections by Antiy-AVL and Cylance. Antiy lists it as Win32.Tiggre

I somehow doubt the accuracy of these results.

Yeah antivirus scanners are actually malware themselves in most cases.

Wat... Positive on ESR? Quite certain it's the wrapper, try this link instead 64bit US
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

Virustotal is the best, the scan isn't from the AV but from detection signatures

Virustotal provides interesting results. Not always useful results but interesting, I guess if you were publishing software you'd have the option of bribing antivirus software to whitelist your shit as they in tern bribe google to keep them on the list with garbage detections.

s
Virustotal is owned by google, maybe it's a way for them to control their competirors- detecting false positives in other browsers. Google also once stopped showing protonmail in results and almost shut them down.

wtf is OP going on about?
you sound completely insane

Attached: 1483520062324.jpg (316x340, 31K)

>False positives are a thing: the thread

virustotal is just a blanket term, not to control competitors you'd have labs unheard of from different angles sources and countries. Not sure why you're talking about protonmail since they recently had a fallout with nordvpn and trainer.

Interesting point of view but I doubt any bribery could take place with pooling of intelligence

No smoke without fire, false positives are technically positive until proven false and usually independent researchers will autist them out and stand ground