Are Intel CPUs really better than AMDs?

Or is the difference little enough to be inconsequential in everyday usage?

Attached: IntelInside.jpg (960x886, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tutorials.jenkov.com/java-concurrency/amdahls-law.html
valid.x86.fr/q0tc0h
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They are. AMD is good on paper but then you run into multiple problems down the road. Intel just werks.

for the every day used the difference is negligible

Attached: 1529132629297.png (582x482, 386K)

Intel delivers a superior experience. AMD is just many single cores taped together. Go with Intel for a more comprehensive processor solution.

Yes. Don't ever buy AMDs. Intel products are far superior and deliver better user experience.

>Intel for a more comprehensive processor solution.
What is that even supposed to mean?

AMD is trash for poor people. I only use Intel and I'm more than happy with them.

Intel are slightly faster in most gaymes, they lose at everything else.

Intel is faster for kid stuff, AMD is faster for squid stuff.
Are you a kid or a squid?

Yeah Intel knows what they are doing. Their core releases have marched lockstep with the gains brought about by parallelized software. At best you get a 2x speed up if 50% if the code is parallel.

50% isn't reasonable for much software but that said 16 threads realizes that speedup. Surprise surprise we are getting 16 threads just as it makes sense to do so. All with industry leading iopc!

tutorials.jenkov.com/java-concurrency/amdahls-law.html

Attached: Rhett-and-Link-1024x576.png (1024x576, 641K)

*post paid for by intel*

Intel, and Nvidia are Apple tier. They work, but they come with a heavy tax..

AMD works, but they don't tax you for using them.

If you want to spend an extra $100-500 for same performance, go ahead. You'll just be considering another brain dead sheep.

"Are Intel CPUs really better than AMDs"
Yes, they are. Intel is able to deliver better customer experience and higher performance.

Attached: PR_pic_4chan_1.jpg (212x237, 9K)

AMD has put all the resources they have left into Ryzen and they still cant even remotely approach the performance and experience delivered by Intel products. Buying AMD is waste of your money.

Attached: PR_pic_4chan_5.jpg (568x612, 66K)

As of now AMD CPUs scale way. way better with the number of cores than any Intel offerings, so much that AMD's "enthusiast" CPUs shit on Intel's top tier server offerings. They also have insane yields. For gayming AMDs simply don't clock high enough - soon we will see whether it's a design issue or the manufacturing issue. Also Intel unlike AMD requires about 20 security patches by now which absolutely tank their performance on some workloads.

How do I delete a post?

>Also Intel unlike AMD requires about 20 security patches by now which absolutely tank their performance on some workloads
Those patches are useless on a consumer level

Frankly I'd be embarrassed being seen buying AMD anything.

Attached: 1538089509499.jpg (900x1200, 184K)

Yes, because there's no way to use em with for example javascript, right?

>better customer experience
throttleing to 2.5 ghz is a great experience

>Somebody who has the knowledge to exploit Spectre/Meltdown is gonna spend the time to mount an attack to steal my Facebook account
Sounds legit

Ah, another Intel shill thread. Nice.

lmao 20 intel shills in a row now to be followed by 20 consecutive AMD shills
running a 2400g right now with a 580 8 GB OC
c-c-combo breaker

I bought these parts because I needed to game on integrated graphics until I could afford a GPU.

I haven't really had any issues and I will upgrade the CPU when I feel compelled to since the socket is compatible with future generations.
Given the progress AMD has made in all the right directions in recent years, it's a safe bet, even if Intel provides marginally better chips right now.

I'm actually renege on that combo breaker because he was merely being an edgy contrarian and not really shilling any particular side.
be a bro and buy into the AM4 platform using my sponsor code COOLGUY1224, valid at most major retailers

If you're part of 20+ million vulnerable machines, and a part of those also do internet banking, yes.

>a 580

Attached: 1537289983397.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

>AMD is so shit they've been around for almost 50 years and are eating Intel's market shares
Really fries your synapses

alright I'll entertain your debate.
it was on sale for well below MSRP (albeit used)
seemed like a better buy than the similarly priced 1060 and I like that AMD is working on Vulkan which is cross platform.

You are supporting AMD's mediocrity. Only the best deserve our money.

Attached: 1535406452708.jpg (600x1510, 444K)

cringy newfag

Intel shills are working overtime to shill for their jewish overlords when their 10nm is gutted and delayed for another 2-3 years.

Jose Perez here.
What the flying fuck are you doing with my image? You realize that this is a copywrite violation right? I took this image to post on a celebrity exposure site. Its not permitted to be used outside that site.

you're saying AMD hasn't improved at all in the past 2 years.

I would say most confidently that they show many great improvements in their performance and therefore deserve my money.
The gaming industry itself is stagnant and the 580 is overkill for my usage.
Hopefully engine and programmatic improvements will yield larger consumers of good videogames, with good visuals, and economical hardware demands, taking advantage of the large market of PC gamers who are frugal and realize that middle segment hardware has seen a price spike.
Because of this many haven't bought hardware recently.
I know that has coin miners start dumping 580s and 1060s more and more people will upgrade, this will be a generation of PCs built around similarly performing graphics cards.
We will be united for several years and be a sweetspot to target for new videogames.
I plan on jumping ship to Linux and AMD has good drivers there.

8700K can hit 5.3GHz on air.
2700X can barely hit 4.2GHz.

a decade had past since user looked at the internet, things had changed, ideas once accepted as gospel no longer rang true.
>muh GHz
it's time to let go grandpa.

>muh core frequency doesn't matter
>muh IPC doesn't matter
Funny how PooMD talking points never change

u mad?

Attached: ryzen.png (403x402, 18K)

Intel is better if you want to play CS:GO at 500 FPS all day. AMD is better if you want to render videos/3D models all day.

>5802.93Mhz
Intel shills BTFO

They objectively perform better, no matter what AMD shills tell you. Whether you consider that better performance to be worth the extra money over Poozen is your decision. It's the same proposition as it's always been - Intel if you want the best performance, AMD if you're on a tight budget.

It depends on the core count/thread count and clock count.

>muh magic secret super juice pipelines
Too bad shit isn't save at all. :)

nigger

>on air
nope. learn to read my faggot
samefag

can't afford an LN setup? if you buy AMD you can put the money you've saved out the gate into exotic cooling. personally I would choose peltier cooling for that X-tra deep chill.

Name one.
I can name a few for intel:
>security vulnerabilities
>patches for said vulnerabilities impacting performance
>having to buy a new mobo every time you upgrade

WOW SO MUCH INTEL DAMAGE CONTROL

rly i thought u guys are joking

Attached: 1520710849375.jpg (610x885, 148K)

>buying AMD poorshit
>trying to school me about LN setup
kek
Just so you know, Intel holds the highest core speed record you fucking dumbass
valid.x86.fr/q0tc0h

AMD is the one damage controlling because their pwecious stocks are down 6% in a day.

Hey Pajeet, Intel here, we have sent your 10cents (USD) via western union.

omg MUH CORESPEED :D
nice I wanted to buy at 4$ but had no money. I'll be sure to buy.

HOLY SHIT THEY'RE AT 30 DOLLARS?!?!?!
the market has spoken...

they netted 4+ dollars in the past month, what are you on?

the only difference you should look at is how fast the various chips are and what price they are sold at. ie. a Ryzen 2600 is faster than a Ryzen 1200 and on par with the Intel i5 8500. So it doesn't really matter if you get the Intel i5-8500 or the AMD R2600 if the price is the same. Right now it's not in Europe and many other parts of the world, the i5 8500 will cost you almost twice as much. so the R2600 is the obvious choice if that's the performance-bracket you're looking for.

only poor people pay twice as much for the same value to feel good and that's why they are poor. it's a result of such stupidity. you're a good example, you're working as a shill for a few bucks an hour - probably to pay off the loan on that iphone you bought on credit because you think it's a status symbol since you can't even phantom how to pay for a house or a car

>muh core count
I can do it too
AMD is literally behind Intel in every aspect: core count, core speed, IPC and architecture (Intel 10nm will be better than TSMC 5nm)

Attached: Intel-4P-Skylake-SP-Cinebench-R15-World-Record-Run-Result-11584.jpg (1915x1078, 262K)

>just zoom out
This is Jow Forums tier retarded crypto logic, and you should go back to your containment board

I mean I hadn't looked at the stock in at least 6 months. it's fair that I zoomed out to gain perspective.
you're the one chalking jitter up to catastrophe.
It can't bottom out too hard because it's such a novelty, imo, unless Intel calls in a favor at the brokerage somehow.

>gonna spend the time to mount an attack to steal my Facebook account
yes, someone really did spend time stealing your facebook account as well as 50 million other facebook accounts. Unknown if they used Spectre/Meltdown but they sure as hell wanted those FB accounts

I feel sick to my stomach replying to you. It's not even entertaining at this point. I have an AMD and I'm sure that you have Intel. My AMD processor cost 150$ and it runs Windows 10 and the games that I play so well that I can barely imagine an improvement.

No shit Intel has been forced to reply to Ryzen. They were about to be overtaken and in the past year AMD had a Cinebench world record. I don't think Intel was just sitting on their thumbs the entire time they milked marginal improvements generation after generation. They released what they had in the pipeline and we'll see if 4% over Ryzen in 8 core cinebench is enough to keep them in the lead.

>I feel sick to my stomach
>I have an AMD
I would too. Just accept the sunk cost and go buy an Intel system.

you're just a nasty ass troll dude.

14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tfw every ipc increament of intel cpus after first gen i-series was them deactivating security features

Attached: be24z9411ti01.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

these posts are such obvious shilling it must be an AMDbot false flag

>core count
Damn, if I get paid to shill lies hit me up brother. I'll shill Intel too.

guilting people for their consumer choices is a destitute level of argumentation.
I don't even know why I bother replying to your bait images.
>My AMD processor cost 150$ and it runs Windows 10 and the games that I play so well that I can barely imagine an improvement.
In case you didn't read my post.
that's the fucking problem there beyond any doubt, bots on Jow Forums.

AMD is currently raping Intel in the ass and all Intel can do instead of spending their shekels on making better technology and advancing as a company is bribing reviewers, rigging benchmarks and paying worthless shills to embarrass themselves with hopeless intel fanboyism on 'forums', fucking pathetic. Always remember, with jews, you lose.

>point out objective facts
>s-stop trolling me!!!

Attached: bart.jpg (270x480, 24K)

>rome 64 cores score 12000 points while pootel 112 cores score 11000
I knew intel was shit, but this is a new low. It's like an ant fighting a dinosaur.

Intel did start making chips with lots of cores and has thermal issues as a result.

It's at such an extreme pricepoint that it's not even worth talking about let alone buying them.
It probably doesn't even scale with price.
i.e. it would be more economical to run a cluster of 4x 8 core CPUs than one 32 core.
No program scales to 32 cores that isn't multiuser
I took the bait, you win, fucking kys. unless you replaced the person I was replying to initially and somehow didn't read the opening bait.

8 cores is plenty it doesn't matter who has more cores beyond that if it's a single user consumer machine. An amateur 3d developer, video producer etc wouldn't have any feasible benefit beyond 8 cores.

Were you raised in a broken family user? Did your parents neglect you?

I just realized how you're fucking wrong.
I already mentioned it in my opening post. AMD has better integrated graphics. Blow me faggot.

My internet connection is awful and mysteriously degraded in speed a month after having it installed.
that's the fucking problem there is beyond any doubt, bots on Jow Forums.

>Only steal my Facebook account
Why the fuck are you here?
Did you know that Nvidia's driver on Linux is shit?

Been using AMD since 2008, it just werks.

I'm a year and a half down the road with my Ryzen, no issues (except that it's first gen :^)).
Before that was also about 8 years down the road with a Phenom 9750, also no issues.

Wrong. Faster threads = faster UI in any app.

Interesting how AMD shills always redirect the conversation to personal insults and mud flinging every time you present them with objective performance metrics. I guess it's really all there is to fall back on, other than m-muh price!!!

wow, that was so obvious i just need to ask. how much do they pay you? Being paid to shit post seems like a dream job.

When will it be fast enough? I'm not an STP apologist, but infinite STP when?

If you want single threaded speed, intel has the best cpus.

For better multithreaded speed, use ryzen.

Intel = clocks

Ryzen = cores

I dont understand the question "is intel better" as it depends on the use case.

>ITT: Intlel LOSE market share due to this shit-tier shilling

>it depends on the use case
/thread

>Intel 10nm will be better than TSMC 5nm
is the the new intelfag meme of the day?

>intel shilling
You haven't been here long have you.

explain what it is then

Struck a nerve I see ;)

9/11 times it's fags from r/amd stirring shit up.

He's trying to cope.

>9/11 times it's fags from r/amd stirring shit up.
>its just ironic
>le reddit
the only niggers from reddit here are the fucking /v/ faggots that wont fuck off already

AMD wins more than Intel overall though, Intel's single biggest advantage is STP.

Still situational, but most situations boil down to STP vs MTP.

>the only niggers from reddit here are the fucking /v/ faggots that wont fuck off already
t r/amd faggot

>AMD wins more than Intel overall though
Go on.

And you incels fall for it every time - easy to strike a nerve when you paid twice as much for 5% more performance. Hence your toilet-grade shilling. The poojeets you whine about so much would be proud of all the shit you spew from both ends trying to rationalise yourself.

Attached: 1535576311698.jpg (227x200, 15K)

THE REDS REALLY ARE UNDER THE BEDS EVERYWHERE INTELBROS

Attached: 1532561469544.png (992x1043, 614K)

>incels
What does this even mean user?
>easy to strike a nerve when you paid twice as much for 5% more performance.
Shit bait user. Please try harder next time. This community thrives, because of good content.

>>>/reddit/

You're going to refute anything I say, regardless.

Most of what I would list would be price/perf metrics in most comparisons. The Intel tax mostly leverages towards STP.

>>>lgbt
>>>antifa
>>>coc_contributer
>You're going to refute anything I say, regardless.
What's there to refute? You posted an opinion.

>suggesting there should be "good content"
>in yet another fucking shill thread
Absolute state of incels.

Attached: 38339610.jpg (261x326, 25K)