Ruby

Ruby seems to have a bad reputation around here. Personally, it's my favorite language. Anyone else on Jow Forums like Ruby? I think Ruby is like if the best parts of Perl and Python had a baby.

Attached: b5e51c8f66fe34d04752ff905235a0e1--programming-languages-chicas-anime.jpg (236x346, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/operations/unicorn.html#unicorn-worker-killer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fucking HATE it

Why?

>Anyone else on Jow Forums like Ruby?
I think it's very consequent and the least trashy shell replacement, but in the end languages like that shouldn't be a thing in the first place and also multi-paradigm wins all the time.

I'm not a lolicon but I would fuck her.

Python for hipsters.

Nothing wrong with it but had to do a project using Ruby where I had to learn everything at once and I hated it

dumb loliposter

I like it sort of.
I don't like that there are so many ways to do the same thing
I don't like dynamic typing in general, let alone Ruby's extremely flexible polymorphic support
Python is to Ruby what Coke is to Pepsi in terms of popularity, "why not Python instead" is salient.
But it's a cute lang.

Attached: mostly.jpg (300x300, 62K)

It was my favorite language about ten years ago. It has a lot of problems and the more code I wrote the more I was forced to confront them. They're still trying to fix things that were a dealbreaker for me on serious projects in the days when I was a diehard Ruby fan. I've moved on.
Disclaimer: Obviously I speak for everybody here because Jow Forums is one person.

This but for all lolis.

>2015
>YOU NEED TO KNOW RUBY, IF YOU DON'T YOU CAN'T HIRED
>2018
>LMAO WHO TOLD YOU TO LEARN RUBY?

My 330 professor :c

Ruby? What's that? Do you mean rails?

docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/operations/unicorn.html#unicorn-worker-killer

It's a great language that is fun to use.
I just think there are simply better options for the same end product.

Which parts do you consider having been taken from Perl?

Dynamic typing sucks, the module system is terrible and there's far too many unnecessary inconsistencies in the language. The terrible performance, metaprogramming and the community's insistence on abusing monkey patching at every turn just makes it at nightmare for serious projects.

Extremely glad that it's dying and I no longer have to work with it.

>I don't like dynamic typing
>Dynamic typing sucks
What do you mean you dont ever even have to check types of input at all it just werkz with less stupid words to type guyz lol

Attached: cba pepelet.jpg (238x192, 14K)

I only know the basics, but I was my favorite language to write before SQL. Very beginnier friendly.

It's my favorite hobby language. I enjoy making small tools in it, trying to produce the most compact code possible.
Not sure if I'd ever like using it in a professional setting though.

I'm not sure if this is bait or if you're genuinely retarded. Come to think of it I've been wondering the same thing about more and more posts on Jow Forums lately

Have you pumpkin?

Attached: anime smug XTREEM.jpg (654x702, 58K)

The way regex and the shell are so tightly integrated into the language.

this fucking shit

Rails is so bad. Gitlab needs a 32 core server with 128GB of RAM just to run at an acceptable speed. Meanwhile Gogs won't break 20MB of RAM unless you have a very large git repository.