SSDs last longer than HDDs they said

>SSDs last longer than HDDs they said
>Should last at least 10 years they said
>HDDs are dead and obsolete they said
Meanwhile, my SSD literally died a week after the 2-year warranty was over.
Thank you for your great advice, Jow Forums

Attached: 1.jpg (300x300, 23K)

dont buy shit and you wont have this problem

Attached: Dfffka_X4AA3m-c.jpg (851x797, 62K)

NO MECHANICAL MOVING PARTS!

>WHAAAAAA I LOST THE LOTTERY AND GOT UNLUCKY
>THAT MEANS ALL SSDS ARE THE SAME

A thread died for this shit. sage

I don't trust SSD. Failure modes depend largely on firmware quality and are not well understood yet.

HDD arrange data in a physical pattern on the recording media that is robust over time due to magnetism's greter stability vs. tunneled electron charge in SSD, and that also makes it much easier to rescue your data *right off the platter* if necessary when something goes wrong.

Until SSD have a standard interface for data rescue, I'm not trusting them much.

>Lottery
So they're literally no better than HDDs

>Lottery
Literally rigged to fail just after the warranty ends. And it's nothing new in the industry

There is also some history of mature analog/digital/mechanical hybrid recording devices (like HDD) actually maintaining superior performance over solid-state systems until some time after the fully electronic replacement is introduced.

In some cases, the new solid-state devices are not adequate in one or more areas to ever replace the older tech.

Witness the persistence of linear tape as a large-scale, stable backup media.

Attached: MzExNjk2OA.jpg (1240x982, 101K)

RAID 1 them you poor faggot

>my SSD died
>clearly all SSDs are shit

i've had mine for 6 years, no problems

>>Witness the persistence of linear tape as a large-scale, stable backup media.
Only because it's cheap as fuck per GB, It's utterly useless for any other application because of its non-existent random access speed.

Actually they degrade fairly quickly, especially if not kept in an atmosphere controlled environment.

Sorry, OP, I know the feeling
It's all harddrives, they'll eventually die, man. My first dead SSD was a OCZ though, and they were notoriously horrible, my Intel and Kingston are more than 2 years and both are doing great,and both have had some terabytes written on them from torrenting

let me guess, you bought a samsung or some literally who brand ssd instead of a reliable intel ssd because >who cares about quality, this one is 50 bucks cheaper

good goy

>Bought some superdata pbh-z8000 128gb ssd instead of a reliable brand like samsung or crucial
lol

Literally back up your data regularly and it becomes a non-issue.

Attached: zachqwe1o4w01.jpg (317x380, 19K)

What's wrong with Samsung drives? I was lazy and impatient, so bought mine from the local computer store, and they only sold Samsung. Granted it already has 16 percent wear and is only a year old, but I do a shit ton of read/writes to disk and it's all cramped in my case where I think I have some power issues or heat issues, because my brand new RAM sticks which are also only 1 - 2 years old are already partially unusable somehow. I imagine if I was some normie who used his pc for browsing facebook or youtube the wear on the drive would be barely even a fraction of what mine is.

get MLC fag

Zero issues here with a 500gb samsung evo, 3+ years old now. Have a second 500GB WD now too dedicated just to steam.
No matter the storage you use, always assume you could lose everything and backup important stuff, DVD is best. Everything else is re-downloadable these days.

I bought my 250gb Samsung SSD in 2009 or some shit and it still works fine

>fell for the ssd meme

Attached: 1457208816304.jpg (633x758, 125K)

Samsung fucked up hundreds of thousands of their evo SSDs and it took them 3 years and 6+ firmware patches to fix the bugs, and then the bugs already ruined the hardware. They are better now as far as I have seen. Being early in new untested tech is always a risk.

840 evos were fucked, 850/860s are fine now.

I have this intel from like 5 years ago and it's fine

Meanwhile I've owned 5 or 6 ssds over the years and never had one fail. What are you buying?

My OCZ Agility 3 does not have this problem

Is there a powerlevel or tier list for SSDs?

At least with HDDs you go WD/HGST and others before touching any Seagate.

I was looking for crying wojak. Thanks

>Having an Toshiba faggot hdd 512gb 5400rpm at 47° C all the time without any problems for 3 years and still works solid
?????