How many geebees of RAM is too much for a phone?

How many geebees of RAM is too much for a phone?

Attached: IMG_20180928_224107.jpg (1080x1153, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fossbytes.com/most-popular-android-versions-always-updated/
xda-developers.com/rugged-devices-android-enterprise-recommended-5-years-security-updates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe like 8 or so

There's no such thing.

i think a better question is "how much is too little?" so long as a phone can handle all the basic shit like vidya watchin, facebook/instagram/whatever then it should be fine, i have an older phone with 1gb running android 6 and it has no problems running multiple apps, though for a modern phone i'd recommend 2gb minimum, maybe 4 if you aren't one of those autists that manually closes apps upon exiting them

Computers don't even need more than 8 today

So more than 5 is too much

>maybe 4 if you aren't one of those autists that manually closes apps upon exiting them
how is that autistic? even normalfags do it

anything over 2 gb is retarded. I have a redmi 2 / 1gb running lineage os and it's faster than my sister's iphone x.

For Android, it will try to constantly use as much as possible. Most obvious example of this is background apps.

really? everybody i know always has shit tons of apps open on their phone, e.g. they'll show me something on their phone and switch to their facebook or whatever but while they do that i can see there is literally shit tons of apps open that havent been properly closed

The biggest problem on android isn't keeping apps in RAM, it's keeping the cache they generate over time as well which can range from 50MB to 1GB or more. I would say 8GB is enough overhead to last you through an entire years worth of cache being generated by a dozen apps.

However another problem fail to realize is that gaymes use system RAM to also load things like textures which would normally be sent to dedicated vRAM.

Everyone I see on the street or on public transport closes them right away or when it gets to 3 or 4 unless it's something like fecesbook or whatsapp cause they're chatting.

>tfw your phone has more RAM than your computer

Attached: 1510724511763.png (1280x826, 1.02M)

if 8GB is enough for a laptop than it should be more than enough for a phone.

Except it's not, chrome can already max out 8GB of RAM with a dozen web pages open so 16GB would be a good overhead for other things.

4GB is enough for 99.9% of use cases.

Nah, 4GB is good IF you clear out app cache and restart your phone every once in a while. Most people can't be arsed to do that though so they're max out 4GB in a month tops.

You don't actually say "geebee", dumbass. You say the actual term, Gigg-Ugh Bih-Tzs

Bites you dumb cunt

>chrome
That's your problem. The industry is moving along far more than it needs to because Chrome is the browser that the majority of PC consumers use, yet it needlessly consumes most of the ram. 8GB of DDR4 ram - enough to play triple A games from 2018 at all max whilst maintaining 60FPS and above | not enough to browse more than nine Chrome tabs at a time. So consumers think "how can we fix this?". They end up buying 16GB. They buy an extra 8GB of ram that they will literally never fucking use for anything. I don't even know when they'd be in a scenario when they'd be using more than four tabs, four tabs is the max amount of open tabs I've ever used.
Same goes with Windows 10. Windows is bloated to it's core programming, and Windows 10 amps that bloat up to a 10 (no pun intended). Windows is the operating system on the majority of existing PCs. What do people do when Windows 10 bloat slows down their computer that would be perfectly fine with any other operating system that isn't Windows? They upgrade it of course! Not only did they spend $100 on the OS, they have to spend more money to get comfy with the OS and have an acceptable speed.
So, in short, Chrome. That's your issue. 8GB will be enough for at least another three years if you never touch Chrome.

>tfw no USA OPPO

Attached: 1454636270780.png (412x351, 78K)

Why would you ever keep shit open that you never use. Why wouldn't you manually close an app after exiting it. Keep your hardware in peak condition and never utilize what you don't need to broski.

The problem is chrome despite all naysayers is the fastest and most stable browser out there because it mainly relies on RAM to run things sandboxed. Have fun convincing people to use the SJW browser.

Depends on the phone's usage. I wouldn't buy a phone with less than 3GB.

3GB.

My amazon tablet has 1GB and it's borderline unusable.

I don't use Firefox if that's what you're implying. I my own personal modification of the GNU IceCat browser. It is blazing fast and barely makes a dent on performance.
Chrome is not slow. I never said Chrome was slow. Chrome is generally the fastest and most stable browser out there, yeah. The Google company is fucking loaded with money and can afford top-tier programmers to make it happen. But Chrome has a major flaw - it utilizes RAM that doesn't need to be utilized. It fucking eats away at your memory. The SJW Browser you speak of, Firefox, is pretty on par with Chrome in terms of speed and uses half the amount of RAM that Chrome does.
But have fun with your botnet PC killer.

>People only use computers for shitposting.

I will, I have shit to do and my faggy uni wants me to use jewgle docs. I can't escape the botner because I rely on it too much I'm afraid.

Sucks to suck.
I don't give a shit about Google Docs and what not. I share a Google Drive with my coworkers for work when it's required.
But I don't use Chrome to log into the Drive. You don't need Chrome for Docs. Your argument means literally nothing. You have no reason to use Chrome.

>on par with Chrome in terms of speed

It's not at all.

>uses half the amount of RAM that Chrome does

And that's why it's so slow, I'd rather have a fast browser than can handle dynamic content instantly that uses more RAM than complaining about RAM when most modern computers have 8/16 GB of RAM. If RAM ever becomes a limiting problem you can talk about it then.

For iPhone a couple GBs is plenty. For Android it's probably around 32GB or 64GB just because you're constantly running extremely bloated Java apps.

android has java, so it needs at least 32GB

>buying a phone the manufacturer will abandon in less than 18 months
Fucking lol Angroids will justify this somehow
>there are more Gingerbread users than Pie users
>fossbytes.com/most-popular-android-versions-always-updated/
AHAHHAHAHAHA

Attached: EA56DCCD-AEBD-4FA2-9C69-5BE9014AAF91.jpg (744x1094, 250K)

You're 2 thousand and late iPajeet.

xda-developers.com/rugged-devices-android-enterprise-recommended-5-years-security-updates/

Then why does my galaxy S5 still get updates then?

It's embarrassing how much RAM Android needs to function.

Apple can run iOS faster than Android on a fraction of the RAM.

Can't wait till the consumer realizes that OS optimization is better than trying to frankenstein a phone with a nuclear reactor.

>Tzs

It's hilarious how Samsung's S phones get updates longer than Google's own Nexus/Pixel phones.
The Note 4 is on Feb 2018 security update meanwhile the Nexus 6 is officially supported to security update Oct 2017.

Goddamn fucking retards
It won't fucking make the phone any more faster
Ffs that's more ram than my PC
Why the fuck mobile phones are taking leaps while laptops in the shitter.

>laptops in the shitter

Attached: Untitled.png (1129x190, 37K)

why does oppo make great products while other chinese companies tend towards making shit

Steve, I thought you were dead.

What do you do on your phone? Render videos and gaming in split screen?

applefag btfo

A better question might be, how much ram can they fit in a tiny phone. One day we might have 128GB ram phones with 20TB storage

me me big ram

These fucking phones are more powerful than my computer yet all they are used for is angry birds and government spying.

My phone has 3GB RAM and I can barely use more than 2 GB on heavy load. If you need more than 3 GB, it means that your phone is full of crap and bloat.

REEE stop taking ram from my desktop

Android phones need more RAM to run all that Google and random Chinese spyware in the background.

t. ramlet

>not using GiB
>not pronouncing as "gibs"
gib ram plx

its called One Plus

I'd prefer an OPPAI phone :3

Attached: 1532291118887.jpg (634x457, 52K)

3GB max.

Android is garbage.

Apps open in the background don't use ram tho

Depends on what you wanna do with your phone.

>Stop using what I don't use

Really, in what way?

Attached: 1517865329435.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

its not the same ram tho, mobile ram is much slower then desktop pc ram.

its like those old motherboard "m" GPU's meme.

>Android devs name their OSs after food
How american can they get

No such thing as too much memory.

If that's true then iPhone are even more garbage. Webm related constantly happened on my $1,000 iPhone X. My 8GB oneplus 5T doesn't have this problem.

Attached: 1506788547868.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

Oppo is doing it for flashy posturing to get their name out in foreign markets. They're not actually keen on moving forward with 10gb ram bezel-less display phones.

Send all my information to three different companies for every open application

Still i'd be really nice to see phones load the entire OS and files into RAM. Maybe something like optane for phones will exist one day.

The right question is how many gb of RAM can a phone battery handle for a decent time?
I hate those autists who never close their apps and complains about shitty battery duration, even then most of the apps keep shoving shit that run in the background regardless

iPhones and xiaomi don't need this because they agressivly put apps to sleep and know how to handle memory inefficiencies.

It's too much memory when this shit industry eats all the supply of DDR RAM and everyone suffers from it because of higher prices.

>Notch

5T is still good

>AMOLED
>No SDCard support
It's shit.

no it means iphone is a shit and your sister is likely a dumb cunt with a dozen "boost" apps installed.

Why do you even need a powerful phone when all it does is browse the internet

It's as good as android gets desu, the alternative is samshit phones or razor gaymen ones which are far more expensive and not worth it imho.

I'd argue that my $100 China phones I've owned are more worthy. At least they have a place for headphones, and SDCard, screens that won't burn in. I'd pick a Samsung over any other Android too, but I can't usually justify the price.

That's understandable desu. APTX adaptive is good but it's always nice to not worry about charging your headphones. Hope they fix that soon.

Attached: 1522437223026.jpg (640x775, 106K)

They do it to "open" instantly instead of loading.

this, it's the main reason why iPhones fucking blow. Over time the app cache starts mounting and sometimes you can't be arsed to clear it especially aince iPhone require you to uninstall the entire app, reboot, and install them again to do so.

Attached: ehhhh.jpg (492x462, 131K)

RAM is only enough wheb it is as big as my storage size. We are going to a place where tge OS will only fetch things in the storage once:when it boots up. In the future, we are going to have "infinite" memory.

> have fun with botnet
> uses ice cat which is censored furry garbage still with botnet

Yiff in hell I'll use waterfox

Not with it ties to rust. Memory leaking garbage. At least v8 is c++

that doesn't happen anymore in iOS 12

128GB is enough ram to run Android without lag.