X64, AMD64, x86-64 or x86_64?

x64, AMD64, x86-64 or x86_64?

Attached: IMG_20180926_013620.jpg (1080x604, 85K)

EM64T

x32x2

x86 (with 64bit extension)

i386 double turbo

aarch64

x86-64

also why is x86 still a thing ? is it because "it just werks" ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_64

X69

let's retire x86 and call x64 x86 from now on

x86-64 or x86_64
also whats in the pic

LEGv8

AMD64.

AMD64 because after being intel's little bitch for like a decade they deserve their crown.

It's not though, x86 is a garbage legacy architecture that can't natively address more than 4GB of RAM and lacks many of the modern day extended instruction sets. AMD64 is still a thing because nobdy else, not even intel can dethrone them.

Attached: dark_souls_2__heide_knight_by_sharkalpha-d7pqg7e.jpg (774x1032, 144K)

arm64

angry birds: the processor

Attached: bgWD8uzOVEogEK4HUtjtBJDnhYiHDtpuIV3zRLaJAV4.png (320x304, 35K)

Attached: lol-33.webm (1280x720, 2.07M)

>amd64: Acceptable because it's the actual original name, and also to make Intel stand for its mistakes with Itanic.
>x86-64: Acceptable because it's still a bit faggoty by AMD to insert their name into an ISA that *should* be implementable by anyone.
>x86_64: Unacceptable because underscores look ugly and are more trouble to type. Can be used as last resort in syntaxes that don't support hyphens in identifiers.
>x64: Just stupid, and is a Microsoft-only meme.

>not even intel can dethrone them
Not for lack of trying, though. I can count to at least three architectures they've attempted to replace x86 with.

>another closed, proprietary, patented isa
>which is almost as inelegant as x86 anyway
I don't even under why anyone would even hope for this when there is RISC-V instead.

I say we start calling it K8, in respect to the first processor to use the instruction set.

Basically because of muh gaymes. Everything else either has a port to another architecture, could be easily ported, or is old enough that emulation would be faster than the hardware it was originally intended to run on anyway.

Big Wind 3>

The patrician term is 64-bit zip disquette

Hungarian tank converted to oil shaft fire extinguisher.

x172

x/8+66-4

Because arm and risc doesn't have useful desktop software like Autocad, Adobe, office, ableton etc. And no games either no.

Then there's the little issue of arm/risc cores being 4-10x slower......

Doesn't matter.

x86 with 64-bit characteristics

x84

mips

AMD64 is the official and only name.

Calling it anything else is like measuring force in "Forces" because you failed a lecture and blame Netwton's ideas for it.

well if objects at rest didn't stay at rest maybe i wouldnt have dropped out of college

ouuhhhh

This Angry Birds machine easily crushes any x86 toddler toy on Jow Forums :)

Attached: veumNQe63D.png (887x481, 78K)

ITT: gamers pretend to be architects, illustrators, secretaries and music producers to justify their x86

Attached: me pretending im a real solider.jpg (600x399, 138K)

I'd honestly buy this if I could afford it. 24 bays dude.. fucking unf.

You know, there's nothing to fight for anymore.

Good luck finding a distro that was not infiltrated by SELinux NSA algos, Linux "muh safe space" or "don't hug me, I'm scared" CoC and that's worth becoming a soldier for.

Face it.
98% of cattle overran the 2% of soldiers.

amd64. It's what the real world (that is, Windows) calls it.

Doesn't microsoft call it x64 tho?

Microsoft probably does, good little marketingdroids and Intlel cocksuckers they are - but Windows doesn't. Check your WinSxS folder.

>Microsoft probably does, good little marketingdroids and Intlel cocksuckers they are - but Windows doesn't.
Possible, interesting. I didn't know.
In case you're wondering: Apple calls x86 "Intel" and amd64 "Intel" or "64-Bit (Intel)". Rustles my jimmies a little.
>Check your WinSxS folder.
I can't, I deleted my system32 folder

Protip: your WinSxS folder isn't in your system32 folder.

If, on the other hand, you're even suggesting for one second that you don't have a Windows VM, dual-boot, or pirated ISO laying around... well, pic related.

Attached: 1523310286211.jpg (350x276, 26K)

I've got 4 different wine wrapping methods and am happier than I was with Windows in a VM

Good luck starting a Windows VM and waiting for it 2 days to be up to date. Fuck that shit. Not with me.

Why would people lie on an anonymous mutual masturbation technique review imageboard?

AMD64

AutoCAD, Adobe and Office ran on PowerPC (a RISC architecture) Mac's, I'm not quite sure if Ableton did
All of those, with the exception of Ableton, have some of their software for ARM based smartphones

It's AMD64.

Anybody using X86-64 over AMD64 is a retard who likes to pay more for extra security holes.

8x86 with 32 bits extensions with 64 bits extensions with some other extensions.

AMD64 is the proper name first given to it

I can get behind his point of view, I have a second GPU now(no igpu) but have been too lazy to set up gpu passtrough and the few applications that don't run under wine don't really matter to me.

MS called Itanium as x64.

When will RISC-V be available for normal use?
And when will motherboards for it not cost a fortune?

No, that's ia64.

If the "lie" is about Windows taking 2 days to update from fresh install, it may be a bit of an exaggeration, but certainly not a complete lie. The last couple of times when I've been installing Windows for people, it definitely feels like it's been something of that magnitude, though I haven't timed it exactly.

You could ask that same question about ARM, though. Sure, you can get a working system in a phone or RPi (clone), but try getting something that you could actually use for desktop use.

>I say we start calling it K8, in respect to the first processor to use the instruction set.
i like it, also amd64 ... amd was the inventor of the whole arch extension

AMD64

AMD64, like everyone else calls it. Only plebs call it anything else, and Intel shills.

64bit

Attached: Oil Field Fires.webm (640x480, 2.32M)

intel64

AMD64, the proper name.

x64, it's the shortest, lines up with x86, and gets the meaning out.
Objectively the best.