Let's be real here. Totally sincere

Let's be real here. Totally sincere

Apple users - Convince me why I should use a Mac computer (or even iPhone of all things), what are justifications for the price and being fucked over repeatedly by Apple? I would really like to hear your reasons.

The only thing I can say so far as someone who used Apple computers back in the day is I like MacOS. But that just isn't enough to justify it for me in [the current year]

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_10_23_at_10.16.32_AM.0.png.jpg (1820x1213, 128K)

Fuck you.

Don't want to buy an Apple whatever it is? Don't fucking buy.

Did Tim Cook point you a gun to your head to buy?

>is I like MacOS.
then assemble a computer with generic parts and make a hackintosh

>Don't want to buy an Apple whatever it is? Don't fucking buy.

This is how cult followers respond to those who criticize them. Very interesting response.

>hackintosh

I'm very mobile in life and a desktop is a pain in the ass, unfortunately.

> This is how cult followers respond to those who criticize them. Very interesting response.
Cult followers?

If that's how you deal with people that think differently than you, that you can kiss my cult-following ass.

You didn't answer his question.

Attached: 1450988207372.png (836x964, 511K)

No, I'm not biting your bait.

Fashion. You want to be fashionable don't you?
No seriously the only reason to own a mac is if you don't know anything about computers and never need to look at individual files or directories. They are a consumer good. Their slogan should not be "Think different" but instead be "Don't think"

Why are you so aggressive ? I didn't ask out of malice. I'm just trying to understand the benefits these days of using Apple products despite widely known issues

anti-Apple self-support group right here.

Fuck you, you know you did.

Because Apple is fashionable. And also sign of wealth too.

I'm not anti-apple.
Every time I clean the viruses out of someone's window's PC and they clearly don't know what they're doing by the number of browser add ons they have installed, I tell them they should consider getting an Apple. They have a lot of business thanks to me.

Why are you even on Jow Forums if you aren't interested in participating?

Whatever happened to the Apple evangelism of the 80s/90s... very different attitudes nowadays

You're not buying a simple "thing" you consumerist, materialist buffoon! You are buying a philosophy, a worldview, a lifestyle and fusing them with your soul and your computer needs!

You unsophisticated buffoons will never understand.

Attached: black-apple-logo-tattoo-on-mans-shoulder.jpg (800x1067, 75K)

> Every time I clean the viruses out of someone's window's PC
Do you realize you are a fucking loser?

Maybe that's your problem, you have a worthless job, have a worthless paycheck, means you can't afford what other people can.

Thank God you have money for food.

No idea about Mac OS but IOS is pretty comfy. SE was only $350 and works just fine. I’ll run this thing until I stop getting updates and if they don’t have a budget model out then I’ll buy refurb. Going back to Poodroid would be fine but it’s just a less consistent, less polished experience overall

I don't do it as a job, I do it as a side business. I'm a machinist by trade. I make things. Why are you so angry?

He's baiting, obviously.

> Why are you even on Jow Forums if you aren't interested in participating?
I'm participating in Jow Forums, there are other threads than this

> Whatever happened to the Apple evangelism of the 80s/90s... very different attitudes nowadays
Ayyyy LMAO!

"This Apple user is not bitting the bait, I'm going to complain"

You can fuck yourself, in the 80/90s, Apple was a niche company, not anymore.

If people want to know about Apple stuff and be sold on Apple stuff, they can go to Apple's website or an Apple store.

>You are buying a philosophy, a worldview, a lifestyle and fusing them with your soul and your computer needs!

Joking aide, even back in the 90s I was unable to gauge what the "Apple philosophy" actually is.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at dumping my Android phone for many reasons but hesitated with justifying the price of a new iPhone. I can't believe you can buy one for upwards of a thousand dollars now. I'll look into the SE.

>I only base my purchases on what the vendor tells me and don't give a shit about consumer opinions

lel

> I'm a machinist by trade
So, you are from India or China. Too bad that you live in a shithole country where nobody can buy Apple stuff.

Here in the US, Apple phones are about 50% of the marketshare, understand?

USA => People have more money to eat + disposable income => Money enough to buy better things => iPhone sells.

India => Poo in the loo => iPhone only sells to the 1% who use the phone for as a status symbol

I like post yosemite macos waaay better than pre. So if you’re basing you’re experience with macos with something older than yosemite, you might want to try it again.

Other than that. I’ve bought a mbp 2015 and since then, it’s performed liked it has on day one. It’s the most ridged and portable laptop I’ve ever owned which makes it no problem to travel with. I’ll probably have this thing until 2020 and even then, I’m not sure if im going to replace it. There’s still people out there easily using 2011 models.

Idk what you really mean by getting fucked over. The inital prices are steep af thats for sure but they definitely make up for it in longevity. If you’re talking about dongles, [current year] is kind of shit time. But it’s only because apple is pushing for everyone to use usb c which is slowly but steadily happening. There’s really no other way to push for this change without removing hdmi and usb a. And in some use cases, it’s quite beneficial using dongles because they can act like docks for plugging in a charger and monitors at the same time. I have a couple friends with the newer mbps and they dont have an issue with the lack of ports

> I do what losers on YouTube tell me to do, and buy what they tell me to buy

Attached: CvFF_BBXgAAGw9_.jpg (1200x675, 94K)

You fucking did bite the bait.

I dont care. I like talking about it

>I like post yosemite macos waaay better than pre. So if you’re basing you’re experience with macos with something older than yosemite, you might want to try it again.

I did try Mavericks some time ago and I did enjoy it. It was quite a smooth and comfy experience.

>Other than that. I’ve bought a mbp 2015 and since then, it’s performed liked it has on day one.

Yes, this is one reason I'm considering. The longevity is a big issue for me as in the past the laptops that I've owned have effectively been disposable due to battery life and general wear and tear.

>Idk what you really mean by getting fucked over.

What I mean is, for example, intentionally making devices non-functional after Apple decides that people should give them more money. More broadly, however, is the persistent restriction of the consumer to actually use their device the way they want to use it (for example, making strange screws and gluing in everything in order to impede self-repair which never used to be the case before Apple had such a large market share as they do now). It all feels so "wrong"

I prefer unixy development environments and find Linux to be terrible on the desktop. Windows at this point is an auto update train wreck so all I have left to use on a daily basis is OSX.

Also the way you install stuff is miles better and self-contained which is a plus for me.

Truth be told I use Mac, Windows, and Linux depending on the task which suits them best.

Fucking shithead pretending to be an Apple user

Common tactic: pretending they use Apple, and Apple was good in the past

> intentionally making devices non-functional after Apple decides that people should give them more money

Fucking idiots.

How much do you weigh?

420 pounds, funding secured.

The phones are good. If you want to customize or throw a big ass micro sd, android is what you want. Never fucking buy a mac, ever. Plagued with problems and overpriced to hell. Enjoy your near instant thermal throttling.

Don't you understand that you've lost already?

They know it's good, they just want to tell you it's not.

Thanks user.

I was going to buy a $3000 MacBook Pro, but now I'm thinking about a second-hand ThinkPad with ME disabled.

Ah right. While all that hardware restrictional stuff seems controversial, its really because thats how they make it so ridged and portable. Plus it’s also for security and warranty reasons. If you like to tinker with stuff. That will always be a problem with apple now because if you break it, you could be able to lie to them about it being faulty and abuse their free repair or replacement services. That’s for only if their device was already faulty or if you have apple care. It makes more sense if you see it from their perspective.

You get access to all the UNIX stuff that comes with Linux but in an elegant and user friendly package that looks good, just works and feels good.
It also has access to more software than Linux. If you don’t need those programs and don’t care for the elegant look of the interface and don’t care about the improved user experience either you probably shouldn’t switch

Shit I lost... I LOST

Honest opinion here:
- you get a reasonably hassle free os that allows you to use Unix tools (not the travesty that is wls)
- hw and sw are loosely coupled so no drivers headaches and nice battery life, things broke less in general so less time wasted
- on one platform you can comfortably develop for all os (assuming you care about iOS programming)

If you don’t care about any of the above mentioned points, the third one in particular, you can happily avoid macs, there are a lot of excellent alternatives.

Soup Jow Forums, I'm an unironic paid Apple shill.
You might recognize our agency's threads like:
>y dont u own a mac r u poor? lol
>post your apple products
>where my (apple product) bros at?
>WHO HYPE FOR (apple product/event)?
>why does (celebrity or notable people) use (apple product) i'm confused, pls shill for me!
>lol green bubbles
>"Perfection" (apple product photo)
>macbooks are overpriced, ok show me a laptop that... pasta
>geekbench circlejerking threads
>look! this pro-apple blog says good things about (apple product)! please click it!
>it just werks (apple product photo)
>i used to use non-apple products but then i tired apple products and never looked back!
>rotate threads and topics regularly to avoid being caught by mods as "flooding"

We focus primarily on tech blogs and the like with hacked Disqus accounts that we can buy for like 1000/$50 on the dark web to get a real post history and identity. Me, I got Jow Forums with a few other guys.

>pretend to need to (X), recommend Apple products to ourselves
>enter non-Apple thread and convince people to consider Apple
>get shekels

>make thread but it devolves into Apple getting shit on
>no shekels

When we can't get any good shilling going, we'll just crap on the competition, THEN try to slip in a suggestion to try Apple products.
>OMG i own this HP/MS/Samsung/LG product and it SUCKS
>coshill comes in the thread, plugs (Apple product)
>lololol loonix has no gaymes, windows master race!
>lololol wangblows sux, linux master race!
>step in after 100 posts and make up story about how great (Apple product) is

Mostly a side job and I make $100 every month or so for no effort, but I'm quitting because they bullshitted me once on a check, plus I'm graduating so now I'm outing them.
is my old coworker

Attached: 1528544038175.png (1024x1024, 508K)

present-day Apple is pretty shit. currently using an iPhone 6 on 10.3.3 and a mid-2010 MBP with a 120 GB SSD.
looking to upgrade the latter with 8GB RAM to really bring it up to speed.

Damn samsung and microsoft needs step up their game and do this too.

Their endless sponsorships of almost every televised event just so their logo is somewhat relevant - doesn’t seem to be working...

Why don't you start by telling what you fucking want first? Depending on your needs MacOS/iOS might be optimal or nearly unusable.

As someone who wants to use professional software, Loonix isn't and option for me. Then add not wanting to baby sit my computer, and Windows is disqualified too. Besides, given that I actually want to do work on my laptop, only the Microsoft ones are a legitimate option, due the rest using 16:9 joke. Stuff like godly trackpads are just a huge bonus.

As for iOS, since I am already in the Applel ecosystem, a phone that gets along with it seamlessly is just the obvious choice.

Also where does the money argument even come from? SE is cheaper than anything comparable and basically the only non shit small phone. XS is priced close to other flagships. Their laptops are either cheaper or about the same price as MS alternatives (comparing them with 16:9 trash makes no sense)

Thank you for your input. Appreciate it.

yes yes... hehe ol' pal we sure got em.. hehehehe

>not answering because he cant explain why he lets the jew rape him so hard

Sorry, not everybody can be a edgelord like you, or else you'll stop being an edgelord.

Dunno, Intlel users seem happy with it.

You can hackintosh a thinkpad

Consumer software support but also POSIX compliancy
Best of both, and yes you can compile your own kernel and shit if you want