/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones machimura_komori thighhighs.jpg (2000x1429, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo
aliexpress.com/item/Professional-Philips-SHP9500-Headphones-with-Active-Noise-Cancelling-3-meter-long-HIFI-headset-for-Xiaomi-MP3/32861331687.html
aliexpress.com/item/Philips-SHP8000-Professional-In-Ear-Headphone-Computer-Sport-Music-Phone-Subwoofer-Universal-for-Xiaomi-Official-verification/32863911861.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lVv9Gaxufmk
headfonia.com/custom-iem-recommendations/
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?mode=guest_open
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-modi-3-dac.4742/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for overpriced headphones

Attached: IMG_2214.jpg (1815x1210, 509K)

I wish I had a headphone.

Copy and pasting what I said last thread
I heard that in order to get more bass fro the tin audio t2, you have to cover the vents. Where are they and what is the best way to cover them?

are you black?

Nope

Attached: 1538139697112.png (600x979, 184K)

then don't worry about it

unless you need skullcrushing bass then don't
if you do go buy beats instead

bro fucking hardey's did that to me.
also the bass vent on the tfz 5s you could puncture with a needle, but idk about the tins. should sound fine on its own, i never punctured my tfz's bass vents.

cute drawing of me

>Beats
Also I'm not saying I want to cause my ears to shatter but I was asking the best way to cover them up so I can get a bit more bass, mainly because the T2 doesn't give me enough for me to be satisfied

I recommend drinking bottles of mayonnaise until your skin complexion lightens up a bit.

Which are you?

>modi 3 equals the topping d50 in measurements for only $100
what's your excuse for not owning schiit now

>Xing Yuan Electronics Co.
So much for "Made in America"

Attached: Schiit Modi 3 DAC Review and Measurement.jpg (901x583, 21K)

K702 owner here, want to upgrade from SMSL M3
Should I get
>Topping A30 + D30
or
>Schiit Magni + Modi
or something else?

SENNHEISER 420 MATEYS

Attached: a8191c7b-8887-4f34-86b5-5f6cae72a234.jpg._CB528249645__SR970,300_.jpg (970x300, 29K)

NFB-11.28
youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo

LCD-2C
DT-1990

I can't choose...

Attached: 1491986869030.png (657x527, 13K)

What do you have now?

Attached: 20180806_173247.jpg (3264x1836, 1.21M)

Why do you want to replace those?

good 100-200$ closed headphones to pair with Fiio e10?

is the lcd2c good if i want some non-fatiguing headphones?

Look what /CSG/ found, everything checks out and they're the real deal.

aliexpress.com/item/Professional-Philips-SHP9500-Headphones-with-Active-Noise-Cancelling-3-meter-long-HIFI-headset-for-Xiaomi-MP3/32861331687.html

Attached: UTB8Y8KViFPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaS.jpg (437x582, 180K)

Also
aliexpress.com/item/Philips-SHP8000-Professional-In-Ear-Headphone-Computer-Sport-Music-Phone-Subwoofer-Universal-for-Xiaomi-Official-verification/32863911861.html

How is the SoundMagic E10C?

So, now that the dt 770 are considered shitphones. What's an acceptable headphone below 200 americanbux, without buying an amp? Massdrop not an option

Why do I get tinnitus whenever I wear my planars?

Takstar Pro 82
Maybe you're listening at a higher volume because of the frequency response they have.

How comfy are the fidelio x2, particularly for someone with a smaller head? I have HD 558 right now and I think they're pretty comfy, for reference.

I'm guessing very because the only complaint I've heard is the elastic adjustment strap pulling the cups upwards on large heads.

is the t60rp legit or meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=lVv9Gaxufmk

He makes it apparent that only a retard would get an LCDX over LCD2C.

dumb animeposters
dumb frogposter

dumb nigger should have just bought stax
no just buy stax

What does non-fatiguing even mean? Muffled and soft?

no sharp treble which destroys ears

Not a lot of treble usually. Bright headphones can be uncomfortable over time.

Whats Jow Forums using these days when in public?

I want to lick their legs

but they don't want you to

AUX broke, so need to solder a new one on, but the wires are made out of fabric.
How the fuck do you cut fabric wire without fucking it up?

Attached: images(5).jpg (302x167, 7K)

someone pls answer

They have always said that their wallwarts are MiC.

the rest of it may as well be

headfonia.com/custom-iem-recommendations/
What's your opinion on this CIEM list, /hpg/?

honestly it's kind of hard to do so, best bet is to chop it then try to strip the cloth by circling around it with scissors, a pipe cutter, or wire stripper CAREFULLY. Once you have it stripped down to about an inch or two past the end of the cable, cut back the cable insulation itself about half that then the individual cable insulators about half of what remains. get a piece of heat shrink prepped over the wire then solder on the new connector and use the heat shrink to make it seamless.

If possible, just replace the whole cable so you don't have to worry about splicing the existing cable. In my experience, splices rarely last very long.

Massdrop O2 (1x/3.3x) + Topping D10 or D30.

Active noise cancelling in an open back headphone? Something is wrong here.

Audio-GD equipment measures bad. Avoid.
Go with that, it's all you'll ever need.

Attached: 1386729115552.png (744x247, 34K)

They're probably just cramming in keywords to get more search hits.

Yea, most likely. It's strange, are those old stock, or are they the new version and they dropped the "S" again?

Thanks user I will try this!
Sadly not. The earphones was $100 too so not too keen on the idea of just buying a new pair

Looking for ultra-low-noise DACs,

just buy a behringer

Go SBAF - HD600 (used).

Me on the left

You got them 558/598 and K612/712 (you need an amp to make them sing but still usable without) for open-backs.

Anemic output.

what do you need that much gain for and low noise

>Sadly not.
Built in a way to make opening the housing overly tricky?

meant

Yop. This is what they look like.

Attached: IMG_20180929_175459.jpg (2592x4608, 1.58M)

Why would you use 660s instead of 650s with an amplifier? They're better straight in the jack, but scale worse with extra juice.

I'm not him, I was just stating that they have a low output voltage and are not ideal for most amps.

>They're better straight in the jack, but scale worse with extra juice
Source?

I don't own them myself and was thinking about buying them, but all the reviews and a lot of forum posts I saw comparing them pretty much stated that it's a pair of cans that sounds better straight in the jack than the 650s but worse with an amp. Naturally the best way for me to make sure would've been for me to buy them and compare them myself but it didn't feel worth the risk, and no recent audio-con close enough to me to justify traveling there.

But if you own both of them and feel that it isn't true I'd like to hear your opinion on how they compare.

after reading some I've decided Beyerdynamics DT770 80 Ohm would be good for me
convince me not to get it

get ones with a removeable cable next time, like the tin t2s.

So the Custom One Pro is finally here, really like how the bass extends on the second setting, mid-bass can be muddy for my tastes, mids are mostly ok although a bit lacking towards the treble, i miss the extra treble, but than again, i usually like bright headphones, people who have trouble with the Beyer treble will probably like it as it is. Still, the most comfortable closed-back i have, which was the point when i got it, that and detachable cable, will get a boompro next and make this my gaming headphoned.
Tested the DT880 pads on it, the bass is basically gone except for the bassiest setting, which makes it bass-light, but it raises the treble and and the mids are more present (pads are easier to change than on the DT880 too). Will definitely get DT770 pads for it as suggested on that guide.
Overall i'm happy with it, it's what i would call fun headphones, not good for professional use, but should be nice if you want thumpy bass and non-fatigating treble out of your metal.

Attached: Setup (second version).png (1617x723, 1.74M)

1More Triple Drivers, right? Those could indeed be hard to open up, especially as they reportedly have all-metal housings and the front piece has quite a long 'collar' going into the rear piece.
I got Xiaomi Piston 2s that I've been wanting to recable (at the moment they just have a replacement TRS plug), but I just can't get the bastards open, and on those the collar join between the housing halves is like less than half that that on the Triple Drivers... On the other hand, Xiaomi In-Ear Pros (the first version) were quite easy to pop open, with their housings having a metal back and plastic front half.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Get an open-back headphone instead. In the $100 range, there's the HD579. $200, HD6XX.
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?mode=guest_open

How long do the pads on the HD 600 need to compress for before they sound like well aged 580s?

Attached: hd 600 series.png (1024x573, 73K)

Massdrop isn't an option. JDSLabs O2 good too?

Is fine.

mid-range and treble are amazing, bass is a bit recessed but a pad change or a baffle mod can fix that
you do need a high current amp or the highs become a bit funded up

Get 1x / 3.3x

Has anyone used these before? What do you think of em for $50?

Attached: Capture.jpg (876x475, 54K)

Yea it's the 1More Triple Drivers.. best earphones I've ever had to be honest. And yea that's why I'm guessing it would be best to just solder on a new AUX at the end instead of trying to replace the entire cable

I have HD6XX coming, and with an amp. But I don't see how an amp could make something sound worse. The only possible conclusion that could be made, would be that a high impedance output (straight from the jack) is altering the 660s frequency response and thus making them sound better. A 150 ohm headphone should be ran under ~18 ohm output so as not to affect the FR. Pretty much any output, other than a decent headphone out, is higher than that and will affect the FR. Maybe some people like what's happening to it.

Yea, JDSLabs O2 is fine, but does it sitll have the strange input layout (power and line in on the front). Why isn't Massdrop an option though?

Doesn't that thing just use the t50rp driver? That description matches up with over damped modded t50rps honestly.

>hi-fi man
they're going to die in 6 months.

Tin T2 is the popular chink iem right now.

I'm confused about output impedance. I have 32 Ohm headphones (SHP9500) and an audio interface with high power output and unknown impedance. If I add chink resistors to lower volume will it affect sound signature?

Attached: FAAEAL-Conductor-Earphone-Impedance-Plug-80-220-ohm-Noise-Cancelling-Adapter-3-5mm-Jack-Professional (1000x1000, 46K)

Get Chintek Baldoor E-100 instead

is it worth getting a usb dac if my headphones are m40x?

yes, the t60rp is just a very good t50rp mod

no

I don't care about their opinion on this matter

buy stax

Do not spend more than $500 dollars on headphones and associated gear, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Attached: IMG_3811.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

Those speakers are $15,000.

What part of "Do not spend mor ethan $500 dollars on headphones" you don't understand brainlet-kun

Attached: smug.png (301x225, 93K)

who here /superlux/ hahah XD

I do agree, no need to spend more than $500 really. But multiple pairs of headphones are nice to have. Just like you wouldn't have the same speakers forever.

where were you when schiit redeemed themselves
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-modi-3-dac.4742/