Google reportedly paying Apple $9 billion to remain default search engine in Safari on iOS

>Google reportedly paying Apple $9 billion to remain default search engine in Safari on iOS

TOP KEK

What a sad company google is now.

Attached: google.jpg (1600x800, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-sales-stagnate-services-promise-growth-apple-131548595--finance.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apple won't sell your data. Somebody's gonna get it anyways.

Was 3billion just last year

>Court documents indicate that Google paid Apple $1B in 2014

gonna be like 15billion in a few years

Well the number of active Apple devices just continues to grow, and as long as they continue to offer support for devices as far back as the iPhone 5S (first 64-bit device + first with secure enclave) then that number will only continue to grow exponentially.

Old phones get refurbished, end up in the third world, and more people in the US buying iPhone's every year.

>not using bing

>paying Apple $9 billion
I'm sorry, but what exactly is the alternative for normalfags? It'll just inconvenience them to set it to something else.

If anything Apple should be paying Google who allows the world's most renowned search-engine to be associated with that shit.

apple uses bing and other sources for other stuff, including Siri searches.

Apple isn't going to pay, this makes up 5% of apple's revenue and users are still free to switch

The fact that Microsoft even think they still have a horse in this race is some hardcore stubbornness.

Found the googlejeet

>Well the number of active Apple devices just continues to grow
[Citation Needed]

finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-sales-stagnate-services-promise-growth-apple-131548595--finance.html

On /v/ people constantly bitch about the Xbox dying, but if MS are willing to fuel the crazy amounts of dosh they are into a search engine literally nobody uses the Xbox brand is going to outlive us all.

9 bil is nothing for google

Nah you'd be amazed how well bing works. Combine it with rewards that can easily pay for several years of Xbox Live Gold (or Amazon $) in a single year, you have a winner.

Tho really most people make the switch to get off Jewgle.

Apple uses google in Siri now.

Xbox isn't dying, it's a duopoly on consoles then millions in live subscriptions and then they get $ cuts from all the games and make them pay for patches, used to be stupidly high thats why consoles got 1-3 patches a year in bulk changes because sony and MS literally wanted tens of thousands of $ just for a patch

Fucking idiot.

Apple devices are not like Androids that break down after 6 months at best.

Apple devices last much more than Androids and Windows crap.

I don't understand why Google does this. Most people use Google Search anyways. Even if Google Search wasn't default in Safari on iOS, I doubt most people would use Bing or Yahoo.

It is.

Spotlight does. (it's opt-out, btw)

Dumbfuck, you quote this line instead.
>then that number will only continue to grow exponentially.

Apple's sales could be the same each year and
>number of active Apple devices just continues to grow
would still be true.

nice source faggot

latestagecapitalism

Wish yahoo got a 2.0 reboot to give some competition, was always one of the best engines

sales are stagnating and apple slows down their old devices. yeah itll grow forever brainlet!

>sales are same or increasing every quarter
>no one beats them yet
>selling ~55million phones a quarter

Soup Jow Forums, I'm an unironic paid Apple shill.
You might recognize our agency's threads like:
>y dont u own a mac r u poor? lol
>post your apple products
>where my (apple product) bros at?
>WHO HYPE FOR (apple product/event)?
>why does (celebrity or notable people) use (apple product) i'm confused, pls shill for me!
>lol green bubbles
>"Perfection" (apple product photo)
>macbooks are overpriced, ok show me a laptop that... pasta
>geekbench circlejerking threads
>look! this pro-apple blog says good things about (apple product)! please click it!
>it just werks (apple product photo)
>i used to use non-apple products but then i tired apple products and never looked back!
>rotate threads and topics regularly to avoid being caught by mods as "flooding"

We focus primarily on tech blogs and the like with hacked Disqus accounts that we can buy for like 1000/$50 on the dark web to get a real post history and identity. Me, I got Jow Forums with a few other guys.

>pretend to need to (X), recommend Apple products to ourselves
>enter non-Apple thread and convince people to consider Apple
>get shekels

>make thread but it devolves into Apple getting shit on
>no shekels

When we can't get any good shilling going, we'll just crap on the competition, THEN try to slip in a suggestion to try Apple products.
>OMG i own this HP/MS/Samsung/LG product and it SUCKS
>coshill comes in the thread, plugs (Apple product)
>lololol loonix has no gaymes, windows master race!
>lololol wangblows sux, linux master race!
>step in after 100 posts and make up story about how great (Apple product) is

Mostly a side job and I make $100 every month or so for no effort, but I'm quitting because they bullshitted me once on a check, plus I'm graduating so now I'm outing them.
is my old coworker

Attached: 1508124954273.jpg (2584x2520, 455K)

oh no no no ahahahah

look at this bozo

>apple slows down their old devices

This is untrue

Why doesn’t Apple just make their own search engine?

The have, Apple Bot, and they market it as "Siri suggestions".

Why do you feel the need to lie street shitter?

Attached: 1520006751838.png (659x1921, 636K)

>(Citation Neede)

Why do you feel the need to tell only half of the story, street shitter?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-29 Google can remotely change the settings of your Pixel or Pie phone, and it jus (860x1579, 629K)

yeah, i'm sure your educated doubt is more fucking measured than google's marketing division

nah, they just threw 9bil at Apple because "um, maybe they will use yahoo if we aren't the default," they fucking did the math and determined the $$$ they were willing to pay to retain users and the revenue those users produce for them

don't fucking forget that Apple phones are expensive as hell, it's fair to assume that iphone owners are probably worth more to advertisers than the average android user

You can have your fake news all you want.

A lie told a billion times doesn't become the truth.

> don't fucking forget that Apple phones are expensive as hell, it's fair to assume that iphone owners are probably worth more to advertisers than the average android user
Can you say that on the Internet?

>Apple devices last much more than Androids and Windows crap.

Source: your ass.

>>to remain default
This is the key here.
If the default changed, Apple users would assume that there's a reason, and follow Apple thinking that it's better

You can have your fake news all you want.

A lie told a billion times doesn't become the truth.

>If anything Apple should be paying Google who allows the world's most renowned search-engine to be associated with that shit.

I don't think you understand how it works.

>According to Double Fine's Tim Schafer, the cost of getting a patch up on a modern console (presumably he means the Xbox 360 and/or PS3) is $US40,000.

It's much lower on current gen i believe. imagine beinga dev listening to kids cry about patches knowing it costed you 40k to fix a glitch

>Source: Numerous owner surveys by PCMag. Also IBM reported that support costs on Apple products and Total Cost of Ownership were both so much lower that they started migrating away from Windows to Apple a couple of years ago.
Fixed.

devilish

Attached: impressive.png (457x303, 186K)

This is funny, because iOS 12 made a 5S usable again. A device from 2013.
Is your Galaxy S4 still kicking out? Has it received the last Android officially? At least it receives security updates? Kek.

Attached: guser.png (300x408, 221K)

Nice try Bill.