>still good battery after 2 years
>headphonejack, sd card slot, water resistant
>no gay edge design
>no gay notch
>perfect size
>elegant and minimalistic design
>fingerprint reader on the front so you can access it when its on the table
>still great camera, especially when it comes to videos
i seriously dont see any reason to ever buy a new phone, until it breaks of course
if i could get any smartphone for free right now i would unironically still go for my Galaxy S7 (white, exynos version)

Attached: s7.jpg (420x420, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jMqla13ubaA
youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

>soap dish design
No

I personally think the s8 is the perfect phone

S5
>removable battery
>plenty of custom roms
>1080p screen
>3gb ram which is usable today
>expandable storage
>headphone jack

based.
if the S5 had the video capabilities of the S7 i would agree with you

Such as?

My S7 brother. It is indeed the peak smartphone.
I also really like having a physical navigation bar, so you can quickly switch between apps even when they are in fullscreen, instead of having to swipe from the side to get your buttons back.

S3
>removable battery
>Replicant
>Lineage
>perfect size
>USB Micro B
>no burn in after all these years
>been dropped and smashed maybe 200 times
>screen still without cracks
>still works perfectly unlike an LG which took exactly one drop to the floor before dying like a bitch

Note 4
>removable battery
>plenty of custom roms
>1440p screen
>3 GiB of RAM
>expandable storage
>headphone jack
>dropped the cheap plastic build of the s5

>too big for handlets

It also survived in salt water up to 20 feet
youtube.com/watch?v=jMqla13ubaA

S9+ is a much more refined version of the S8

Lagdroid phones get no updates though when based iPhones like the 5s are still going strong with iOS 12 now even bringing better performance.

S3 was the last good galaxy

Out dated Adreno binary drivers, out dated kernel, out dated house fire cpu that throttles the gpu to the lowest clock speed (check cpusz) nah iPhone 7 Plus wins against this and you can find em on eBay or Craigslist for 400$ for a 128GB 9/10 condition. No Nvme that’s linked to the cpu and fucking Samsung updated it to shit and now it has a lot of UI bugs, custom roms don’t even have the updated software for the GPU or Soc

Attached: 077DE894-D51C-4527-961B-E9B554CF213F.png (1242x2208, 320K)

Why do android fans suck the cock of Samsung and google when support is dropped after 1 year and a half, while it takes them half a year to get a major OS update. That has no update drivers such as for the hardware under the hood?

Attached: 57442710-D1C7-4BDD-800E-04C02B00E1A0.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

based

Took this pic and sending it from my s3
Its my daily driver, with an alternate that's not connected to the internet which serves as an agent for decryptionkeys/passwords/2fa/crypto wallets and a third one for backup. All being the superior blue color and running custom ROMs.
Its the perfect phone. I will die before I will ever need to upgrade

Attached: IMG_20180929_061848.jpg (3264x2448, 1.01M)

Yes. I was trying to decide for weeks whether to upgrade but some Jews somewhere managed to convince everyone that $600+ is now an acceptable price for a new phone which is complete insanity.

Got a new micro usb port fitted and a new battery for $100 last week and this thing is good as new and ready for another couple of years if not more

S5 is. Unlike the S7 it has a removable battery and an IR blaster. More features = better smartphone. Also 1080p is better on smartphones than higher resolutions, and plastic is better than glass.

>exynos version
Exynos is absolute garbage.

also no meme edges and square screen corners

I really like my S7. Unfortunately I won't be going to an S9 when my contract is up (it's literally cheaper to get a new phone for "free" than it is to keep my "outdated" plan with my S7) because Samsung have fucked the notifications. Seriously, I have my phone in my hand for 60 seconds sometimes at work. I don't have time to reply to 3 messages at once. Just fucking leave the unread notification up there until I have time to deal with it. Cunts.

nice blog, faggot

>snapdragon 801
Are you fucking retard ????

That SoC works just fine for everything but your latest gaymes on phones. thank god nobody plays games on a phone.

>thank god nobody plays games on a phone
this
i don't know anyone with a game installed on their phone

>Exynos is absolute garbage.
are you retarded?
the S7 exynos version has WAY better battery life than the amerifat snapdragon version, everyone knows this.

Attached: momo7.jpg (1440x2160, 628K)

this fucker is also good
1920x1080
5´5 inches
fingerprint scanner
lightweight
the battery is stupidly easy to replace
octacore 1,5ghz
32gb
no touchwiz shit or tons of garbage apps (s5 and s7) yeah you can install lineage OS but isnt the same.
microsd support
16mpx camera
CHEAP AS FUCK

Attached: 61WHWeIEQWL._SX679_.jpg (679x483, 25K)

applefags always come up with that update argument because android smartphones completely rape their shitty faggot phones in literally every single other category.
name one specific reason why i need updates.
you cant.
everything is fine with android and getting malware is basically impossible if you are not a megabrainlet, so there are exactly ZERO benefits to updates

Attached: momogf.jpg (1400x1920, 1.39M)

>preferring the Snapdragon
enjoy your spyware-sock

>amerifat snapdragon version
At least it's not locked down and can be properly rooted and have LineageOS.

Likewise

i know plenty of people with games installed on their phone and whom play them a lot.
none of them are actually gamers

I know it sucks having a 32bit processor, but you really don't notice how bad it is. I mean, the only reason to upgrade is power efficiency and access to the few apps that are limited to 64bit.

I almost agree with you.
>flat screen
>hardware buttons on the front
>sd card slot
>decent battery if you're careful with programs
Really don't like how those "features" have fallen out of use entirely now, even with cheap chink phones. I have an S7 edge I was given for free and the curved edge screen is a literal meme that reduces the handling of the phone. The large size also makes it a pain to use with one hand, I think I'll get a galaxy A3 and try to make that last as my final phone at this rate.

>AMOLED screen
inmediately dropped. Enjoy your burn-in and yellowing faggot

Is this post from 2010? Burn in hasn't been an issue for years.

stop lying on the internet. This will happen to literally every OLED/AMOLED screen out there sooner or later.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1440x960, 276K)

Nope blue LED died sooner so you'd have yellowing of the screen sooner or later

Have you heard of the Galaxy S8 and iPhone X?

>bragging about not having a notch with that screen to body ratio

I'd still rather have more space. Notches are pretty neat on android anyway, it just basically places your camera (etc) in the status bar rather than over it.

>Note 4
Which rom is best? Lineage is buggy on n4

yeah the S7 totally have a software navbar, samsung never had this issue unless you leave your screen on

>put a phone on display in your store
>it's constantly displaying a single still image at 100% brightness
>it gets a burn in after a month
>hurr durr
It's literally a non issue. My S5 has absolutely no burn in and I doubt that newer devices would be built with worse screen quality than a 2014 device.

Great, maybe once it happens in 2021. I'll finally have an excuse to stop using my S5.

Great, so I don't need to use a software blue light filter then. Can't wait for this to happen.

I guess it's my fault for arguing with samshit shills. After all Evo SSDs are still """"""""""""""""praised"""""""""""""""" here despite them being literal botnet

Attached: samsungssdsarestillrecommendedongee.jpg (440x656, 73K)

Yeah, except that the S8 is better and even comes unlocked.

>SSDs are the botnet
No, you're clearly showing SSD related software to be spyware. Why are you on Jow Forums if you can't make a difference between hardware and software.

whatever you say Huang

S8 just got an update for performance this morning. Helped increase battery life by 15%. Let's see if Apple's next update doesn't kill your battery life by 50%.

So you own a Samsung Galaxy S7 then.

Any tips for saving battery?

My S8 has burn in issues.
Granted there are instances where the screen has been on 100% for quite some time.
Burn in on status bar and navigation menu for example is very much a thing.

Just google it.

Having a black theme with no background picture might help, since AMOLED screens only light up pixels which color is different from black.

>s the S7 peak smartphone?
Sadly, not at all. The battery life was subpar even for the time and the CPUs even of that time became to lag eventually, no matter which ROM you were using. It has been getting harder and harder for developers since. Also applies to:
These are the reasons. Mainly - the greater optimization of Android began with 64bit SoCs.
youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY

I had the g4 plus, loved it. Ran it hard daily for a solid year. Battery efficiency started sucking, then screen burn in if an app had a hud and other minor glitches and stuff were happening. Upgraded to the g5 plus. Love it. Bought one for the wife, my brother and my nephew. They're solid bargains

My LGG3 still running after 4+ years.

>have s7
>great phone, wont need a new one for years
>get oreo update
>battery life is now crippled
fucking jews did this on purpose

>white phones
Eugh

>had galaxy s7 active
>oreo update absolutely fucks phone
>maps is worthless, phone is slow, battery sucks
>hard reset no change
>fuck ATT, fuck Samsung
>buy OnePlus 6
>NO LAG, NO BLOATWARE
>built with freedom in mind to flash any rom/update you want

Never going back to Shillsung

Any company able to spend years and development and then magically improve battery life by 15% should be ringing alarm bells unless you are suffering brain damage.

Delete Google play services instead and live like a king.

Wrong, it has 2GB (except in a rare Korean model), which is not enough for current pajeetdroid. It also has a 32bit CPU.

It's a consumer device that gets updated every year. People buy phones constantly, so it's not brain damage to buy and hold and expect updates, like every other phone with a real company behind it. I haven't had a phone this long since the 4S. Also, the play services are already gone since day one, when I ran a custom Android ROM to deSamsung the device.

iPhone SE

>Actually phone sized