Damn, Ubuntu looks like this?

Damn, Ubuntu looks like this?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-29 13-42-43.png (1280x800, 117K)

Yeah

why is gnome so laggy

Not quite, who the hell uses a 1280x800 in AD 2018?

probably virtualbox users

no, that's minimally riced. the icon pack and metacity (window border) theme has been changed. picrel is what it looks like out of box.

Attached: uboon2.png (1383x837, 234K)

looks disgusting, the sidebar is taking up like 10% of your screen, and theres a fucking titlebar too

that theme looks like shit. gnome in general looks like shit. mate is better in everyway. easier to customize too.

Still better than windows tho

How is it better than Windows? Taskbar on Windows can in theory take 50% of your screen, but nobody ever does that, and it usually takes around 5%, which can be reduced down to 2-3%.

Windows definitely looks more navigable than Ubuntu. Arch without any WM even is more navigable than Ubuntu with Gnome.

Why does GNOME 3 feel like it is designed for touch screens?

I wanna try gentoo gnome on tablet. Is it good idea&

there are some gnome plug ins that will unify the top bar the way it worked on Unity.

Imagine Shitterworth having the resources MS or Google have. Imagine FB supporting Ubuntu. Imagine Unity being maintained having its bugs fixes.

imagine abandoning this shit show and building something that just works

Shit he knows...

>that's minimally riced
No it isn't you stupid faggot, it's the new default theme that should have shipped with 18.04 but got pushed back to 18.10

I miss unity :(

my main problem with gnome is that it relies on systemd which means it's a pain to deal with on systemd-less distros (especially for the developers of the distro). I actually like gnome but I hate the developers and it's just begging to be rewritten because of how slow and bloated it is. will gtk4 improve anything?

no

Why did you insult him for no reason? Are you from a shithole country where it's a norm for people like you to hate each other?

Cry more, faggot.