Termux

It's a full Linux system running on your Android phone. What are you using it for?

Attached: VQR8B6K4tRhxA0CGeFgbl0QQS7Bn6XAMofX8Ua0TD6XwkMBs58QVIgQacsHIxXJOOkI.png (512x250, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tunemymusic.com/Spotify-to-Deezer.php
github.com/Akianonymus/SMLoader)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gnuroot.debian&hl=en_US
xda-developers.com/guide-installing-and-running-a-gnulinux-environment-on-any-android-device/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: OqgmLpF.png (1366x768, 171K)

>ls
>cd
>cd
>ls

Its not "Linux system" it's just an environment with apt, the "Linux system" part is just Android.

But yes it's great and I use it all the time.
I write Python scripts in it when I'm bored.
And termux-url-opener script is pretty cool.

I use it to download spotify playlists as mp3's to my phone's SD card. Also, streamlink to play videos from pretty much any streaming site using MX Player. Also, many assorted python and bash scripts.

c programming in vim

ffmpeg and youtube-dl

Can it run full X?

ping, python and ruby
pretty interesting

To use aria2c to download anime and movies.
You can also use a script like this:
am start -a android.activity.MAIN -n org.mozilla.fennec_aurora/.App --es args '-profile /sdcard/ffx' --user 0 --activity-clear-task

To run firefox (or in this case, nightly) with an external profile, which can be useful.

>To use aria2c to download anime and movies.
Sounds like a pain in the ass. I just download everything remotely on a seedbox, mount it on my phone using sshfs I stream the videos from it.

*sftp, not sshfs

How do I install streamlink on termux? Pip install doesn't work. All I can find about it is that I should install clang. But how does that help?

'pip install streamlink' will fail unless you 'pkg install clang' first. Don't ask me why. After that I use a small script in pic related. It uses whatever stream url I have copied on my clipboard and extracts the playlist link from it and passes it to the video player I choose. If you put the script in the .shortcuts/ directory, you can make a small widget icon to run the the script like any other app on your phone.

Attached: Screenshot_20180929_182057.png (796x124, 15K)

Interesting

It worked thanks!

Caret (text editor) + SSH + Termux to program

Attached: 1536648255836.jpg (439x363, 127K)

%60 of Jow Forums won't get this.

Or this

Mostly mosh and rsync.

sshd+rsync to backup my phone's data.

Ssh

logging into my remote server to fuck around with jupyter notebooks.

how u do dis

It's termux running in a window on a chromebook.

Attached: lBM6Zi0(1).png (2560x1800, 234K)

I wish it had a toolbar for special keys like JuiceSSH.
How do you tab or Ctrl+Z without it?

Howtos for this?

>a toolbar for special keys
It does have it. There are two ways to get it to show:

1) Press VolUp+q
2)Swipe from left to right, long-press the

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-29-22-23-52-976_com.termux.jpg (1080x1032, 98K)

*long press the 'keyboard' button

TIL

Thas's a weird wày to bring it up though.

Thanks user

I don't know, its not for ios so i use Mterminal instead

Attached: image0.png (750x1334, 121K)

Also, termux maps VolDown button as Ctrl, so you could also press VolDown+Z if it's faster for you.

Yikes. What package manager does it use?

not him but it uses apt from cydia

Attached: 2018-09-29-5750.png (250x23, 4K)

The Spotify thing has several steps.

1) Make a Spotify playlist with the songs you want
2) Create a Deezer account (free, similar streaming site to Spotify)
3) Use a site like tunemymusic.com/Spotify-to-Deezer.php to transfer the Spotify playlist over to Deezer (95% accurate, most spotify songs can be found from Deezer)
4) Install SMLoadr (github.com/Akianonymus/SMLoader) on your phone inside Termux
5) Paste the Deezer playlist link to SMLoadr and it will download mp3's to your phone
6) Move the downloaded songs from the Termux directory to your SD card or whatever
Steps 5 and 6 can be easily automated using a bash script.

The streamlink thing I explained in an earlier post:

Thanks user!

bump

use it as client for example

Attached: IMG_20180930_011529.png (1080x318, 82K)

>need a pass to post
Yikes.

>robophobic captchas

A full linux system? So it's the GNU userland in android?

Taking screenshots for ants?

Literally only for this.

Attached: 1508743945743.png (800x1280, 29K)

how did you split it like that to run multiple things at once?

tmux

Please tell me how you do it, I hate to use google photos

thx

I think that we need to become a more toxic community. Or are goodygoodies the real trolls? Eitherway RTFM

GNURoot Debian is better, you have a lot more Linux apps available in the repo. Unlike Termux its all free, you dont have to buy the paid version to get things like color background.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gnuroot.debian&hl=en_US

xda-developers.com/guide-installing-and-running-a-gnulinux-environment-on-any-android-device/

I use it to backup my phone.
MTP is so shitty that it's actually more reliable to just use 'python -m http.server' from termux, then a recursive wget (with lots of stuff like --tries=0 --timeout=2 --continue) command from the desktop.
The webserver method also lets you transfer specific files instead of using mtp.
I know using rsync and sshd would be the "correct" and "secure" way to do this but who cares.

If you download it from fdroid instead of google play all of termux is free.

I use aris launcher as the launcher on my phone. It has some weird modular string entry features and an xml API.

It's got the shittiest developer with a retarded theme store but it's legit the best launcher I've ever used

Attached: Screenshot_20180929-191430.png (1440x2560, 2.24M)

I've had it installed for ages but aside from occasionally using livestreamer it's too much of a pain to type anything significant on the the touchscreen keyboard, and it taking up 1/3 of the screen is a pain

Anyone know a decent bluetooth keyboard that's about 5" on the diagonal?

There are some foldable ones but I haven't tried one.

I just came to Jow Forums today for the first time and I already got it because some guy posted the pic in two other previous threads without anyone asking for it.

>i just came to Jow Forums today
hello newfriend

Hacking

How original.

I've only used it to manage the charge limit magisk module

> 8 space tabs
yuck

Is that blackberry keyboard I see? Good taste. If you have substratum get the Swift black theme for it. Fixes the ugly greys with just solid black.

>He doesn't use the Linux kernel coding style

Attached: 1519241191280.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Same

I don't. My phone isn't rooted.

Too bad deezer doesn't have weeb musics.

i dont just use the keyboard i have an actual blackberry and its not compatible unfortunately.

a terminal launcher with physical keys is a supremely premium physical interface and guaranteed a way to get anyone who picks up your phone to put it down

...okay? I don't see how that is relevant, but good for you.

Don't you need root to access the console shits?

No.

if you're executing code in userland you dont need root access