I have this dude in my Uni on Monday doing a speech or something, should i go...

i have this dude in my Uni on Monday doing a speech or something, should i go? I dont really care about free software etc

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_cola
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I saw him drink pepsi once, so now I think that he's kind of gross.

Yes and ask his opinion to TempleOS

Better yet, ask about Terry
Also about the Linux CoC
Remember to mention how Linux is an OS

Ask him of he knows about what happened to Terry, and his thoughts on TempleOS. Also, could you film it?

Ask him if he thinks Terry was killed for his ideas.

Make sure to always call it linux and not GNU/Linux.

It's the same speech as always. He shills about free software and why using non-free software is like having handcuffs all the time. He will make a few jokes while that. Then he will allow a few questions. I strongly recommend you to prepare in advance. He is an asshole and won't answer any question that he won't find interesting (aka questions he already answered before or just very obvious ones). He is so rude with that kind of people. If you ask something, talk loud and clear. He pretends he's kind of deaf. FInally, he will auction a GNU plush. My final bid was 50€ but someone bid even higher and got it instead. It's kind of fun. I wouldn't go again, but I enjoyed it.

near the end of his talk tell him that you do not understand english, and kindly ask him if to redo the talk in spanish

I would go just because of what he did in his early life (harvard and MIT). He was an actual hacker before hacker became a mainstream word.

I'm less interested in his philosophies. And that is probably what the focus of his talks are. But I am interested in a lot of the work he did. And out of respect of that I would probably see him. I feel the same about Steve Wozniak.

Nice quads. Go and learn about free software

youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE

Attached: 1456045413635.jpg (479x435, 49K)

Tell him you're working on porting the BSD userland to Linux so we can purge the GNU cancer and ask him what he thinks about that.

He's very hostile person. I've seen stories about him harassing people on the street or trying to steal stuff from supermarket AND harassing his fan at the same time!
Do this user: Tell him in Spanish that you and few other colleagues does not understand.

I'd honestly like to go to a Wozniak speech. In my student union we tried to bring him to our university. It's a shame his agency asks more than $160,000 (First Class travel to Europe and expenses, not counting visa fees and a 5-star business traveller hotel for up to 4 nights) to do so. At least we tried.

I know where you are from, user. I'll be there on monday

>I don't really care about free software.

Attached: 1532021825540.png (207x243, 15K)

Ask him to sign your thinkpad, then reveal it's running Windows 10.

>Also about the Linux CoC
I think he's worried about what the new CoC could mean for the future of linux.

I always thought he was an autistic sperg whenever I saw this as a webm (I mean, he still might be)

That being said...Wow these fucking huemonkeys treating everything he says in Spanish like it's a punchline. That would definitely get on my nerves. He's trying to give a serious lecture and people are treating him like a clown
t. can understand Spanish, and can honestly say that he was trying to accommodate the audience but they treat him like a joke

Attached: asco.png (288x415, 135K)

If you live in Turin, don't go to business centers on this Monday

Attached: 1512418462419.png (861x527, 51K)

go and ask him why did he fuck his parrot?

can i ask him to talk italian since we're in Italy?

wanna drink a coffe?

fine

for your own sake, you really shouldn't joke like that

Since I don't want to start a new thread, let's talk Free Software.

As I understand it, Stallman hasn't proposed a plan for rewarding developers for their work yet, has he?

The more I read into his proposed changes, the more he misses the issue of incentivizing individuals to actually contribute to FOSS projects.

Like... okay. Why would I contribute to a FOSS project if only a few fanatics/ hobbyists end up using it?

How would I go about turning my stuff into money, when the second ONE person gets my software, they have full legal and ethical rights to share it however they like?

In this economy, the *SECOND* you come up with an innovative idea, some hungry youngster with a marketing budget will turn it into SaaS thing.

How the FUCK do you compete?

Who said I'm joking? Me with boys will unleash hell on Monday, in Turin, in a business center.

Attached: 1528183549464.png (320x320, 90K)

He also eats toe jam during interviews

Attached: stallman pepsi ad.jpg (4039x2690, 3.25M)

"I give up, FUCK IT!" - Ricardo Stalinman

Go

Attached: hello from rms.jpg (640x480, 83K)

Isn't Pepsi a closed sourced proprietary drink? Why does he drink it?

Are you me? I saw him at a grocery store in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen bottles of pepsi in his basket without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bottles and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each pepsi and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>He also eats toe jam during interviews
Yea, but pepsi is disgusting.

No. There is no analog between compiled code and making a recipe. Chefs are encouraged to share their recipes, so there is no proprietary equivalent.

bepis ownz yew, cokefag

He came to mine last year, well worth it.

>Chefs are encouraged to share their recipes
literally every company has a secret flavouring formula that they dont disclose

He ate toe jam to get the taste of pepsi out of his mouth.

No. The four freedoms rejects the running of proprietary software, not the use of the output of propreitary software. In consuming food created by a secret recipe, you are merely using the output of something propreitary. The four freedoms are intact in this case.

It's gonna be the exact same speech he's been giving for well over a decade.
>muh 4 freedumbs starting at 0
>if you use firefox you're a slave
>you can make money with free software... by providing support
>i'd quote just quote unquote like quote to interject unquote quote for a unquote quote unquote moment. Unquote
>stupid 20-year-old puns
>puts some boomer tech on his head
>tells you vim is a pentence
>from the guy who made emacs
>who wants to buy my used GNU fuck plushie?

ask him if his foot cheese tastes good and ask for a bite

Go to the front and give him a cream for his feet. Say "I wanted to thank you for your contributions to Linux".

Go and get your Bootable USB signed by him

Nobodies talking about the four freedoms you dumb fucking spastic. Learn to fucking read you hooting mongoloid.

That's the polite way that these people tell you they're too busy to make it to your little get together where nothing of interest will happen

Love this pasta.

Excuse me, the comment suggested that drinking pepsi violated the four freedoms. This is not the case, because there is no analogy between following a recipe and compiling a program.

This is what autismo looks like.

Tell him that since he is in Italy he should speak Italian and not other propietary languages like English

get him to autograph your emacs

objectively i would pick pepsi as the best of the three when we talk of the holy trinity of RC cola, coca cola and pepsi cola

Assassinate him because he is a proven enemy of Israel

Word of advice to anyone who actually encounters RMS; Don't ask him any questions and don't make any statements. He will always make you look like the fool in the room.

Attached: 1472268223319s.jpg (241x250, 14K)

>He doesn't drink open source cola
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_cola

Ask him why he keep denying he has any children yet aris from atp looks just like him.

>He's trying to give a serious lecture and people are treating him like a clown
That's summarizes his entire career.

i actually knew about him just because he's on the locked thread here at Jow Forums, after having looked up to some of his video think he's just a fool, not sure if i should go, maybe just to take a picture for snob

based

RMS is an autistic fuck who freaks out about everything and anything that happens to him. Don't say anything and he'll make himself look like the fool.