It's all grown up now from its beta days...

It's all grown up now from its beta days. Gorhill has done a pretty great job maintaining and improving upon it through the years.

Attached: ublock beta.jpg (369x392, 63K)

Whoa... all he did was add more bloat

Computers are bloat

>tools against bloat
>bloat
that made me thingk

I never liked uBlock when it was first coming out. Probably because I was an idiot AdBlock Plus fanboi.

Then I started noticing my browser running like absolute garbage, and decided to switch to uBlock. I haven't gone back to that shithole extortionist AdBlock Plus again. uBlock for life.

>removing the μ
he fucked up hard

no one call it mublock, just like no one calls it mutorrent fag. everyone calls it u.

Greekfags btfo

who /beta/ here? I had this installed before 0.9. I miss the name "ublock" he fucked up giving away the original fork.

Attached: ublock 0.8.7.0.jpg (471x328, 49K)

What's the issue with adblock+?

>not microTorrent

it's not as good as ublock origin.

Slower and its owner own sold out. It's fair to assume he's selling data to marketing companies at this point

How did the Chris vs Gorhill drama go again? I forgot.

adblock+ is for boys, ublock is for men

Fuck off Unixfag

You actually find it with "microblock", so it could work in practice.

Attached: 123.jpg (770x574, 99K)

1. Chris Aljoudi begs and begs for donations so he can continue uBlock development.
2. Chris Aljoudi does nothing (while still collecting donations).
3. Chris Aljoudi discretely adds telemetry to uBlock.
4. Chris Aljoudi discretely sells uBlock to AdBlock.

is this reverse psychology?

*discreetly

Attached: BTFO.png (541x548, 18K)

>not AE86 enthusiast or fan of baby blue brake parts.

Ublock origin is not associated with ublock.
Someone made an extension with similar name to get donations. You can find more info on ublock origin github

Yes I know. I just find it funny that Gorhill is now blocking that site.

you do realize that is advanced settings, right?

what does that have to do with anything?

Imagine if SJW started fucking with this dude's head

what would change?

>4. Chris Aljoudi discretely sells uBlock to AdBlock.
Uh...? Did he sell the brand? I don't see how he could sell GPL licensed code...?

>AE86
DEJA VU

Attached: Initial-D-Ae86-racing-decals-for-all-scale-model-cars.jpg (1920x1080, 71K)

Checked and Kek'd.

DEJA mU

I remember when threads for the first versions of uBlock were posted. At the time ABP defaulted to show “acceptable ads” and I was using adblock edge. Good times.

cringe and bluepilled

and unmedicated

don't you mean "deja MICRO"?

mU mU mU

Yeah, what said.
I basically have no clue what the icons due, and even "domains connected" isn't very informative or helpful.

>"I'm too stupid to understand so it must be bad"

Attached: 1507988696933.png (403x448, 53K)

I'm pretty sure uBlock was the original but gorhill transferred control to a scoundrel. Hence the name "Origin".

you must not know what bloat means

>At the time ABP defaulted to show “acceptable ads”
Was and still am using Bluhell Firewall.

>gorhill transferred control to a scoundrel
I still don't get why he did that. I get having autistic meltdowns, but you'd think he'd just lock the repo or some shit.

Mongoloids kept spamming him with retarded feature requests and non existent issues and he had a meltdown on the github comments, mongoloids got passive aggressive and he said fuck it and threw everything out the window.
Aljoudi wasn't even supposed to get control, it was some other dude who managed the firefox port but he pussied out when Gorhill made him the offer so he just went to that scamming raghead.

Attached: 1526804260002.jpg (506x490, 55K)

Meanwhile noscript went from somewhat useful to actively harmful.

in what way
it's just seemingly been obsoleted

Version jump from 5. to 10. made it completely shit.

Everything right wing hate speech Trump MAGA *phobic etc.would be filtered out by default.