You realize this is a honeypot, right?

You realize this is a honeypot, right?

>Come with us goy, we won't save any of your data. We can't prove that we are not doing it, b-but trust us!

Attached: DuckDuckGo.jpg (2083x1667, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asciimoo.github.io/searx/
wiby.me
lite.qwant.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=d7TyBK-gMgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's not. And if you use a VPN there's literally nothing they could collect about you even if they were doing it to begin with (which they aren't).

Nice try, NSA.

i need help on how to create audit policy txt file that can be deployed using a logon script

You realize OP is DDG shill creating a falseflag thread right?

Everyone already knows it is a jewish scam, now fuck off.

Nice try, NSA.

Prove a VPN prevents data collection

What do you want me to use then, NSA/GOOGLE.

>xx.xx.xx.xx IP searched DDG for xyz along with 8,000 other searches on that IP

It's literally funded by the CIA.

By creating this shit thread where you attack DDG with such a shitty argument (when there are far better ones like Mr Weinberg selling the personal data of its users) you are making (((them))) a favor.

Like I said, OP is a DDG shill and this is yet another one of his threads to promote goodgoygo.

If you care about privacy use a searx mirror or run your own
asciimoo.github.io/searx/

Please post a link.

I would but my tinfoil hat is blocking the 5G signal to prevent brain cancer

>everyone jerking off how amazing ddg !bangs are
>you can literally do the same thing in firefox with search keywords and without sending your query through ddg and letting them know what you're search as well
Fucking why?

That feature is not advertised as much as bangs are. !bangs are more intuitive too.

In fact I know that Firefox has that thing too, but I never learnt how do set it up. I always forget it.

>he doesn't use a VPN
>he doesn't use destructing cookies
>he doesn't have rotating user agent string
>he doesn't use linux-libre kernel
>he doesn't have libreboot BIOS
not gonna make it fren

Attached: 1403116732838.jpg (700x714, 34K)

>not using based Yandex

Russian botnet
topkek

Use the hidden service over tor with no js, cookies and some generic user agent. Literally no way for the jewbag owner to track you down.

ddg is just a shit search engine, honeypot or not. use startpage

>>he doesn't have rotating user agent string
RIP uMatrix's implementation of this.
Anyone know another extension for chromium that can do this? (SRWare Iron)

Yes, it is. Still the 3rd best engine.
searx.xyz > qwant > ddg > anything else

wouldnt using tor already give you a generic ua

At least it has good results.

Yes, I do.
I only trust websites that look like shit (no CSS at all if possible).

Going a few months back it was common knowledge around here that the search engine was owned by a guy with a hefty record on selling user data yet suddenly no one talks about that anymore, really makes me think

Bangs make DDG pretty great. They turn DDG into the Swiss army knife of search engines.

The art department lacking is ok, but the navigation and data presentation should be logical. How can anyone trust anything on a website if it's a hot mess?

Probably because no one can actually source those claims...

Don't know about tor browser, but any other browser wouldn't

this is ur number 1 engine lol

Attached: chrome_2018-09-29_16-24-48.png (366x91, 3K)

Ecosia
Startpage

prove vpns don't keep logs.

mullvad my lad, get with the times

Just use QWANT.

They say they don't keep logs, but how is that a proof? They might as well be lying.

>no username
>no email addy
>can pay anonymously
even if they had a log it wouldn't do much

The Founder og GdG, Gabriel Wienberg, has literally made a living off selling user data.
Google "Gabriel Wienberg Names Database."
That's the red pill.

Attached: 1507211688392.jpg (300x295, 48K)

What do you use instead? I feel like every search engine is shady as fuck

This is just fake disinfo. He ran some classmate finder website where people WILLINGLY handed over their data for stupid shit and then he sold the website (which obviously fucking included the userdata) to a knew owner. Fuck off with this dumb bullshit.

Not him but use SearX.

Use wibr

this, now located at:

wiby.me

I'm about ready to give up on this piece of shit. Even running your own instance, it doesn't work half the time.

It's the only way I can search and match Nvidia cards to their proper bios without a million tranny tech sites SEO'd to fuck for jewgle to pick up getting in the way. No really- I don't care bout MUH HONEYPOT since the entire internet is a honeypot to gather your info at this point. I care about finding the goddamn shit I'm looking for on the GODDAMN SEARCH ENGINE WHICH GOOGLE FUCKING NEUTERED TO MATCH THEIR FUCKING STAFF.

Pre-2014 or so you could type the drunkest most incomprehensible shit into google and it'd find what you're looking for. You could type the most asinine backwards way to find something like "That movie with the black sheriff" and lookie loo howdy fuckin' doo there's your search result you wanted.

Now? Now you are bombarded with idiotic top results which are malware loaded clone sites, fake youtube mirrors/aggregators which is even more fucking hilarious given that google OWNS youtube now. It's almost fucking unusable- It's completely unusable if anything you're looking for has an iota of bullshit political tinge or exploitability or muh nerd culture cred too because you have to include more quotation marks and plus and minus signs than an essay about HIV. Fuck a botnot meme, fuck a honeypot meme. I have to use fucking BING AND DUCKDUCKGO BECAUSE GOOGLE IS GARBAGE NOW.

Attached: Angery.png (601x404, 350K)

You got a source for that mate?

>you have to include more quotation marks and plus and minus signs
my experience was that google basically disregards those now. Like if you want only results that actually fucking contain the word foo, you can search for foo, "foo", +foo, whatever AND foo, and so on, and google feels free to give you foo-less results.

Cuckcuckgo

Dirty tricks, MI6

ddg is the only search engine that gets constant FUD threads on Jow Forums but it's a search engine that a certified professional tinfoil hat like Richard Stallman actually trusts. Really makes me think.

OK, so what search engine should we use?

And, sauce please

tor isnt like any other browser

Even if they did track my searches, does it affect me? The most annoying part is when someone else is trying to think what's best for me.

The only other non botnet is start page and start page with its interface.

Use the hidden service with JS disabled. There is literally nothing they can possibly do to you with that.

yandex
-me

Well if they do track your searches then there's zero point in using it as that is DDG's primary purpose. You'd be better off using something else.

Duckduckgo is the ultimate honeyoot, obvious as fuck ever since I heard of it. Never used it.

lite.qwant.com/

bing, and get your bing rewards

I am retarded, could anyone help me set up the !bangs in Firefox without actually using DDG?

Thanks for that, Russian Bot.

Agree, google is like getting a taxi in India. It just takes you where it wants and the chances are it's getting paid to take you there. Id rather fucking walk.

I started using it for muh privacy, but been using it for functionality at this point.
Find me a search engine that has a built-in functionality similar to !bangs and '\' opening first result right from the search term and I'll switch today.
Protip: You literally can't. I've tried.

searx.me or startpage

i didn't save the image from the previous thread, but DDG has been actively advertising on Jow Forums using threads throughout the boards
essentially they equate the userbase here to the userbase from Reddit

Jow Forums is just more autistic and less (more in Jow Forums's example) faggy reddit.

anyway, the point is that DDG is deploying an active advertising campaign throughout the boards, doesn't this violate the rules?

I really don't understand why companies like DuckDuckGo and Vivaldi keep advertising their shitty products here for free here almost daily, I know they are targeting Jow Forumstards because they are autists who care about privacy, and they give them products with fake sense of privacy but they are essentially a retarded version of the original products (Chrome, Google search engine, etc...) with the same privacy issues if not worse

I mean, I have no problem if Jow Forums users advertise their own projects as something like Show HN, but those big companies should never have publicity for 0 dollars

they're advertising their false security products because they want to track the userbase, the CIA especially considering the NSA has a monopoly on data within the country and a partnership with Google

Attached: 4chowned.png (749x365, 40K)

well, the guy isn't even hiding it, what a shameless asshole, I saw the shilling threads of DDG in R*ddit and HN over the past 2 days but now I think everything is clear

>In fact I know that Firefox has that thing too, but I never learnt how do set it up.
add bookmark
right click, proprieties, add a word under keyword
modify the url with %s where you want your query to appear in that URL

I don't know exactly why but something is off with this guy's last name.

What rules does it violate?

Global Rule 11

Ye but (((they))) bought ads, right?

do you see them posted anywhere? advertising is to be limited to vanner ads, not within discussion, promotion, or spamming within threads
Read number 11 you fool

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-092046.png (1080x1920, 368K)

>the year of our lord 2018
>not using searx
nibbas

I have adblock for like 7 years now.

same, issues is that shill threads are still not allowed

That's another issue. Maybe you're confusing them with genuine user threads. I use ddg because I haven't found anything better, and I've tried.

if you look up news article with court records and such you'll find that google hands over everything they have on you to law enforcement, location data, youtube history, google history etc.

but there will never be a mention of DDG doing the same, until that happens DDG is safe.

the same thing applies to VPN providers.

>with the same privacy issues if not worse

I use google stuff because it works better for me but I'm not going to lie to myself like you're doing, DDG is far and away better for privacy than google. They don't have trackers like google analytics embeded in nearly every site, they don't have a phone OS that reports your every move back to their HQ, they don't also run the internet's biggest video site and get to see everything you view etc etc.

To be honest, even if this were true we still need googles marketshare in search to go down. Be that with other botnets or not.

As it is now, too many people have a ton of their information in googles hands with youtube, gmail, search and maps.

If I could at least use something other than google for search I wouldn't feel so paranoid about them having all my web habits gobbled up.

doubtful considering its known that DDG hosts it's services on AWS here, and it's also known the CIA was allocated access to AWS in the $600 million follar deal Bezos signed, which he then used a portion of to purchase the Washington Post
this isn't conspuracy, this is fact
if the CIA has unfettered access to AWS, what makes you think DDG is actually secure? it isn't and anyone who promotes the use of DDG is shilling for them

I'm not saying it's secure at all. I'm saying it works nice and that's why I'm using it.

>isn't and anyone who promotes the use of DDG is shilling for them
Technically yes but I was thinking about a different thing. Actual shills.

>google analytics

you retard google analytics has nothing to do whatsoever with google's search engine

who's to say anyone who promotes it's use isn't an actual shill? that's the downside of anonymity, but then again, it's not like soliciters are truthful anyways and would use registered names that look like they have nothing to di wuth the product
it's called guerilla marketing

If I were an Amerifat I'd use Yandex. Aren't the Russians their enemy? They won't share Intel with CIA.

Do you know the difference between someone who actually gets paid to """promote""" a service vs someone who likes the service and expresses their opinion about said service?

searx.me, startpage and qwint are fine
doesn't Yandex primarily give Russian related results?

one does it for free and the other gets paid, issue is you can't determine which is which on an anonymous imageboard, you have to take everything at face value and considering all the info that has been posted about the truth behind DDG, it is assumed that anyone who promotes the use of it's service, whether anecdotal or otherwise, is considered a shill
does that answer it well enough for you Mr. Weinberg?

FISA law says every US-based cloud computing provider has to install backdoos for the government to spy on foreigners and companies.

How could anything based in the US possibly be safe?

youtube.com/watch?v=d7TyBK-gMgk

Idk but afaik Yandex is international.
I'm Turkish so I just use Google since USA don't give a shit about Turkey. kek
Not that I have anything to hide except my shitposting history through a proxy since 4chinks is banned here.

>I'm Turkish so I just use Google since USA don't give a shit about Turkey. kek
not since Erdogan got booty bothered the last time he met with Trump, boss
switch to searx, or qwint my man

Don't use SRware Iron. Just install degoogled chromium.

>Just install degoogled chromium
don't do this, just install FF or a fork and follow the instructions on privacytools

I was all for Qwant until I discovered it received a large amount of backing, both in terms of money and PR, from Emmanuel Macron.

If you think a system claiming to respect your privacy being supported by (((Emmanuel "European subjects don't need privacy" Macron))) then you're a fucking idiot.

source?