Electric kettles are technology

Electric kettles are technology.

Any suggestions on an electric kettle with temperature control?

I've looked at these so far:
Bonavita BV382510V
Brewista BKV12S02NA
OXO (in the image)
Fellow Stagg EKG

Attached: oxo_kettle_main.jpg (650x650, 26K)

Siemens TWP

Attached: Siemens.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

What're you using it for? Your pic is good for pour over coffee but probably more expensive than other temperature controlled kettles.

mandatory

Attached: hilter_kettle.jpg (928x523, 23K)

What's the advantage of an electric kettle over just heating water on the stove?

portability

I suppose one would be useful if I wanted to make tea at work, but I just make a big Thermos of it at home in the morning.

- Can be used in any room.
- Faster (unless you live in America).
- Switches off automatically.

electric kettle is for Ubuntu users
electric stove + regular pan is for Arch users

Attached: HES-60.jpg (700x800, 45K)

Heating water on the stove takes ~11 minutes
Heating water in an electric kettle takes ~4 minutes (Results may vary with undervolted American outlets)
Electric kettle also turns off when boiled, no risk of boiling the kettle out or starting a house fire
Electric kettle also doesn't get hot on the bottom, so you can set it down on the table or counter near your tea or coffee pot without burning anything or needing a trivet

I do use Arch, actually.
>Heating water on the stove takes ~11 minutes
I'll grant that I've never bothered to time it, but I don't think it takes that long.

Pour over coffee.
The cheapest of what I've seen is around $54, and the most expensive around $150, and everything in between and the most expensive seems to be that way because it looks cool.

I have the oxo in the op pic. It's better than the bonavita. It went on sale for 79 cad.

It's definitely what I'm leaning towards.
Only issue I saw was that it runs at 1500 watts.

Osaka gooseneck kettle is good. So is Aicock.

Why do you need a control? Put water, plug it in, wait, boils, clack, off, done.

Hipster tier pour over coffee

Dafuq? Just boil the kettle and pour it over the grounds if you have something against Mr. Coffee.

Some people make their tea of cooffee at temperatures other than 100°c.

Some teas taste better when done at 60~70°c.

yeah iced tea lmao

I've made green tea that needed like 180°F. You just watch the size of the bubbles in the kettle as it approaches boiling.

Dude, I'm not asking for internet or a twitter feed in my kettle, just temperature control. The question is why would I NOT want temperature control in my kettle?

What about "hipster tier" do you fail to comprehend?
Also it's just convenient to set and forget it while I prep other things.

> temperature control?
Fuck U need that for?
There you go.
6 quid.

Attached: $_86.jpg (1024x853, 87K)

UWOTM8?
Bet yr tea looks like this

Attached: weak-tea-morrisons_rotated_90.jpg (253x450, 18K)

I have one of these to make coffee with. Basically just a well thought out plunger you put coffee and hot water in. At first I just boiled water and put it in but then I saw they recommended 80 degrees C. I've since experimented with that and lower temperature and leaving it to brew for longer. I find the coffee comes out less bitter (I drink it without sugar) and smoother. It just tastes better.

Attached: Aero.jpg (1024x1024, 35K)

Sure, OTOH temperature control is not that necessary, you can gauge the water fine for tea and such, and for coffee there are dedicated machines that work more easily and that also can do espresso or such.

Attached: xiaomi_1.5l_kettle.jpg (1024x1024, 73K)

I have one as well and do the upside down method. Works well.

All these fucking voltlets confused about something as simple as a kettle.

That's a French press

There are a few differences, it also has a paper filter and it's easier to clean.

French press requires coarse grind, this thing does fine to medium. i get good results with midway between fine and medium

yea i love melted plastic in my water too