Be Chinkovo

>be Chinkovo
>sell MacBook Pro competitor for $2,000 (X1 Extreme)
>ships with subpar display, speakers and battery life
Seriously, why do they do this?

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-x1-extreme-1.jpg (1600x1200, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/lenovo-laptop-quality-control-issues,37510.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>MacBook Pro competitor
Wrong. It's an XPS13 competitor. Nobody cares about ThrottleBook """ Pro""" in the enterprise.

It would be an XPS15 competitor if anything. At least Lenovo has better build quality and keyboards than the Dells, so I'll give them that.
>enterprise
The enterprise also doesn't need a gaming GPU, stop pretending that this laptop isn't targeted to the prosumer category.

nobody wants expensive thinkpads
people want the cheap thinkpad with free linux for memes, expensive thinkpads are shitty just get a macbook

Attached: 1527788191981.png (1280x878, 72K)

>$600 AUD for display upgrade
>8gb ram base

Working theory is that they have surrendered to the fact that anyone who can afford a MacBook, will get a MacBook. Probably projected sales aren't big enough to justify research.

>MacBook Pro competitor
there is no such thing as a Apple anything competitor. 90% of people who buy Apple shit will continue to buy Apple shit forever, they don't give a shit what else is available.

>nobody wants chinese garbage
>just buy this other chinese garbage
No thanks basedking

What's wrong with the screen? It looks fine to me.

Fine isn't enough when you pay that much premium. Especially considering that the rest of the specs aren't really above norm.

>HP releases EliteBook 1050
>Nobody notices
>Lenovo copies HP and makes the ThinkPad X1 Extreme
>Everyone notices
ThinkPad is basically the iPhone or MacBook of business laptops. Overrated.

At least my EliteBook 1040 cost less than a ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

More people in my school use $1500 X1 Carbons than $150 T420s.

>there is no such thing as a Apple anything competitor.
This. For some reason, no other company has managed to rip off their superior build quality, battery power management, trackpad/keyboard, display, or thunderbolt expandability. Go figure.

I wasn't really saying that Apple has no competitors because it's unmatched in quality, but rather it has no competitors because Apple fan boys don't scour the market looking for the best thing they can get, but just buy the most recent apple thing and don't even leave the Apple website for info when they need an upgrade.
they do however have very good battery life, build quality and an unmatched trackpad.
You're delusional if you think they have a good keyboard compared to even the cheapest garbage out there. also if you're looking for raw power, pretty much any "thin and light" ultrabook will give you much more for much less cash
HP might be redeeming themselves in recent years, but for a very long time HP had pretty much the worst laptops you could buy, while at the same time Thinkpads have been known for the exact opposite

>who is Huawei

Attached: 1538275374.png (2149x1648, 3.43M)

>Chink backdoor

trackpads are disgusting senpai

What about chinkpads? Whatt is that compared to having your own country spy on you? Are you a suit?

> running Windows
> Linux compatibility issues

Dropped.

That's good. Less freetarding autists.

Ubuntu works mostly out of the box, and it just released so people are working on it. Chill.

It's more about the ecosystem and the fact they control the entire development and experience stack of every single one of their products and services. Literally no one can compete. iTunes is the biggest music store, second biggest streamer, biggest App Store, biggest single company to have a tonne of high end accessory makers do things just for their products etc.

What does everyone else have? Some non-custom hardware they sourced put together in a chassis running a generic copy of Windows? The same thing for a phone running Android too.

they do this with cellphones too. they sell shit $200 more than it should retail for

>tfw modern thinkpads are shit and everything else doesn't have a good trackpoint
aaaaa

> Spending 2K for a Chinkbook...

yes user plenty of people buy chinkbooks because they like macos

>be me
>need laptop for remote computing
>don't buy some retarded powerful machine and just use teamviewer to remote home when I need a lot of oomf

Anyone else not retarded?

What's the best way to learn how to remote use my home pc

>HP might be redeeming themselves in recent years, but for a very long time HP had pretty much the worst laptops you could buy, while at the same time Thinkpads have been known for the exact opposite

lolno. HP's business and workstations have been solid for a good decade while Thinkpads have been hot trash riding off the brand's legacy from the IBM days. The only reason why HP pro machines haven't got more recognition is because the thinkpad and XPS memes are rampant with consumers who've never even touched an elitebook or zbook, while HP's consumer laptops got a bad name. It's purely due to poor optics.

literally just install some software then remote home man.
For home usage I always preferred NoMachine (NX protocol) but my college seemed to block it so then I tried GoToMyPC which worked well but was not gratis after a trial. TeamViewer worked just as well and is free for personal use. I only have like 5 Mbps upload on my home rigs and TeamViewer is very usable still. My classes require a lot of virtual machine usage and I bought a laptop with only 8 GB RAM so it gets crowded fast. Solution? Remote home to my main PC with 64 GB no problems. Even makes my laptop battery last longer :)

>ships with subpar display, speakers and battery life
That literally what Lenovo has ALWAYS done though...
IBM did it before them...

Thinkpads have never had good battery life or reasonable screens.
Officeworkers don't need good screens, they need readable but not good.

A lot of people need compute power locally, while they're moving around. You don't even understand the point of a laptop, dumb autistic handicap.

LMAO just SSH into your PC at home

Yeah I do, and I have a powerful laptop but the battery doesn't last all day.
Remote home is a far better solution -> MORE computing power than your laptop will provide while still getting a large battery lfie

Not ideal and sometimes just straight up doesn't/won't work. You are an idiot. Enjoy your shirt anemic laptop.

Sounds like a massive security threat and I'm extremely security concious. Coz if I can do it someone else can

I sell enough fancy thinkpads to business clients to know beter than this, user.

Windows has built in remote access tools, you don't need to use whatever software he recommended.
Or just use VNC, which is free and has open source tools.

yeah but still, windows is a gigantic exploit as it is without making it accessible from the outside world

its like a democrat

it needs to be sheltered

You keep telling yourself that.

Apple quality is unparalleled, just because 14 year olds like you eat anything from YouTubers and other kinds of fake news, doesn't mean that people that actually buy these machines will fall for the lies.

>Apple quality is unparalleled
It's all the same chink shit, built by small chink hands in disgusting chink factories, with the same cheap chink shit parts like recycled cells and low quality ram soldered on.

Attached: 1512945649726.png (398x582, 340K)

Attached: TAxaouVYLyTSIVmL.jpg (592x444, 82K)

only as far as your chink income is concerned

Attached: IMG_20170421_090524388.jpg (1200x675, 163K)

This looks like a nightmare to take apart.

Attached: 1384143863377.gif (480x270, 382K)

You can't take it apart.

That heat sink isn't even remotely close to large enough for that use case... This isn't elegance, it's ignorance.

Attached: 1521164622525.gif (300x168, 121K)

>form over function
The epitome of mactoddlers.
>several thousand dollars for dualcore throttlebook with non replaceable parts
At least the brand is recognizable, it's not like you require an instrument to accomplish tasks

Not even the ram comes out

Attached: 1519460678753.png (544x532, 222K)

>gaming gpu
Is it rgb?

It's all the same chink shit, built by small chink hands in disgusting chink factories, with the same cheap chink shit parts like recycled cells and low quality ram soldered on.

Now you get it

Attached: 1538286562600.gif (300x168, 119K)

Just get a Dell CHADitude

>That heat sink isn't even remotely close to large enough for that use case
hahahahaaha man shut the fuck up

what the fuck did you just say bout my shirt you peace of shit ?

>peace of shit

Was that the sequel to Quantum Of Solace?

Chuckled

I just think the chinks are a little bit dumb

Attached: 1538114196455.jpg (96x96, 2K)

Faster

>no trackpoint

What other options are there?
My requirements:
2k or 4k display, 15"
32 GB ram
3 Physical mouse buttons
Discrete gpu
6 core cpu.

>Jow Forums still thinks mbps aren't nice laptops

Nothing still matches them in trackpads and it's been just over a decade

Seriously just go look at one at a retail shop, they're nice AF.

You can complain it's too expensive but instead you just act like they're garbage like it's core i3, plastic and 720p screen and everyone's buying them for $2000

>reddit spacing
>negroid acronyms
Try again

>Nothing still matches them in trackpads
Because they already got BTFO by trackpoints.

>teamviewer
Compromised

tomshardware.com/news/lenovo-laptop-quality-control-issues,37510.html

Meanwhile Huawei also has a "mac book pro competitor" out too and it got great reviews IIRC

>Runs Windows 10

Protip: if it isn't running (and indeed has been gimped to be unable to run) 7, Linux and/or OSX it's garbage.

It's genuinely disgusting seeing other manufacturer's internals next to Apple's. They really do not give a shit as long as it somehow crams into an attractive-looking shell.

It somewhat is. No space wasted.

The aluminium unibody it's set into already acts as a massive heat sink.

Without the businesses blowing the cash on expensive thinkpads, how the fuck would you have cheap old retired thinkpads you dumb fuck.

With all the shenanigans that Huawei pulled in the past i'm a little wary of buying anything from them.