The internet will never be privitiz-

So how long has Jow Forums been asleep on the wheel to realize 90%of websites today are behind a paywall? Hell, even small time bloggers are setting up paywalls through Patreon. With all the retarded UI and website changes, Leddit and Stackoverflow are probably 1 or 2 years behind before they too set up a paywall inevitably, which would mean an exodus of normies coming here. Also with how difficult the captchas are getting, its arguable that people have to pay for a pass to post on Jow Forums these days. Only a matter of time before they also start charging for emails and googling basic shit.

Attached: 2389472378942.jpg (605x507, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

outline.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would rather have creators being honest about their paywalls than ad ridden websites. I don’t mind rewarding someone for their efforts. I do mind looking at ads

Also you’re stupid if Jow Forums captchas are hard. Disable JavaScript captchas

>Dishonest media finally lock their retarded fake news and retarded clickbait articles on their own

Good. I would much rather directly support the providers of goods and services I enjoy and use than be subjected to advertisements or more likely cut their funding by blocking the same. Once we kill off the marketers we can go after the publishers. These roles have no place in a decent world.

Attached: vqGeMsr.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

as long the service is superior enough then i dont really have an issue for paying for it, like a youtube alternative w/ no ads, high-quality curated content, lots of options, content creators earning a fair amount. i'd pay for that. but not a search engine or forum.

I'm prepared, thank you.

outline.com/

>fake news thinks that someone would actually pay for their garbage
wew lad

>paying for information, ever
Why?

The normalfags will pay like suckers, we will pirate for free, life goes on.

>I don't mind paying $2000 a month on websites and blogs as long as I don't have to see ads

We need to begin construction of a new decentralized p2p system. The killer app allowing the normies access should be the likes of Netscape or IE.

good.
sensible content gets supported.
leftists can prop ny semit out of their own pockets. lmao

any step away from google, data mining, and ads is good

retard

>allowing the normies access
for what purpose

the vast majority of news is reprints and opinion not real journalism, they don't deserve a dime and paywalls won't work, the patreon model is good and everyone benefits from it even if patreon is run by cunts

Yes because theres only 10 fucking sources of information on the internet.

If you had people pay 10$ sub fee extra to their isp that would cover all the revenue the websites would get out of ads.

Adoption. The NSA will always be able to acess private keys of corporations and root authorities. Perfect Forward Secrecy and a decentralized but low latency model needs to be created for the backbone of a peered/distributed hosting model.

A peered version of "cloud compute" will revolutionize the internet. If there is a incentives and popular reason to run the code it will gain mass adoption and will displace all curent protocal schema.

I remember salon trying a paywall
I couldn't stop laughing
Now they have cryptominers

IPFS basically
Plus the various meshnet projects. I remember reading somewhere some resource about research into low-latency meshnet communication, which would basically make meshnets viable as primary means of internet access, but I can't find it again now.