Video recording softwares

So Jow Forums help me figure out this shit

I have pretty strong PC can run most games and applications in 4K resolution even
(Xeon E5-2683v3 + 2*Radeon Pro Duo + 32gb ddr4)
And when I try to record with any recording softwares at their highest quality settings and framerates the outcome video will look like a piece of shit.

I've tried Radeon Relive , Game DVR and OBS so far

Any recommendations on how I could improve video quality or any recording software that doesnt record in shit quality?

Attached: swan-kitchen-sinks-inspirational-50-inspirational-blanco-cinder-sink-graphics-50-s-of-swan-kitchen-s (800x600, 110K)

What encoding settings are you using?

I didn't really check I just set the highest quality presets and options that the softwares offered

Obs is fine
What do you mean the output video looks like shit?
You picking the format that's uncompressed right

I think I will have to look into video format settings then
I think it saved the video as a VLC file and it was a 4K resolution @60fps video but it kinda looked like 360p at max with being completely blurred with really ugly colors

Is storage space an issue? Otherwise just use lossless x264 with the ultrafast preset. You can reencode it with more sane settings afterwards.

I think I would be fine with like a max of 100-150mb per minute file size

What do you mean looks like shit lmfao, if it's blocky up the bitrate (around 30k using amds encoder). If it's looks like Quake check the output resolution. U can tweak that in OBS, relive is dummy proof so u should be fine with it as long as you choose native output resolution

The resolution is set to 4K and it looks blurred as hell
It kinda looks like quake

bro what the fuck 4k at 60? even ur pc would stutter recording this type of shit

You need a faster hard drive for your screen recording to have a consistent framerate, i had the same issue before, recording 1080p 60fps and the outcome was janky af.

Most modern games/softwares run way over 60fps even in 4K

You need to specify the encoding setting so we can understand what you're doing. "VLC file" is meaningless. "Highest quality setting" is meaningless.

Record at 1080p60 since amds builtin encoder is the worst encoder out there, only Shadowplay and x264 can handle 4k60 properly, and for x264 u would need a Threadripper

>150mb per minute
That would result in a 20Mbps video bitrate. Not really much for 4K@60fps.

Encoding a video and rendering 3d scenes are entirely different workloads and there's only a small ass chip for video encoding on ur GPU while 99% of the other space is dedicated to 3D workloads

The 1:8 ratio works the other way around , doesn't it?

hes right op, ur files would be huge and ur gpu/cpu/drive will die if you want like at least decent 4k60 quality

>1 Byte = 8 Bits
150MB * 8 / 60 seconds = 20 Mbps

Other way of looking at it is 4K = 4x 1080p.

For 1080p, a good 24fps bitrate is ~3-4K(lets say 3.5Mbps), so 4x = 14 Mbps but that's 24fps. If you're recording @ 60fps, you need much higher. 14 Mbps / 24 fps = .58 fps per Mbps. x 60 fps = 35 Mbps. You'd need 35 Mbps for decent 60fps 4K quality. 20 Mbps / 35 Mbps = 57%, a huge reduction in quality.

57% of 3.5 Mbps = 2Mbps, aka YIFY quality. Its shit for 1080p.

You could also just go by the bpp value. >0.1 is very high quality,