Elon Musk just lost his own company

Elon Musk just lost his own company

hahahahhahahahhahahhahahah

Attached: Elon-Musk-Shrug.jpg (1320x742, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/09/29/sec-settles-charges-with-teslas-elon-musk-will-remain-as-ceo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And that's a good thing!

Attached: dogorino_chuckle.jpg (640x480, 45K)

>Still CEO
it's nothing

[citation needed[

He's no longer the chairman which is far more important since they can now fire Elon and get a better CEO who wont kill stock prices over a twitter meltdown

All he had to do was control his shittweeting urges.

>make a weed joke on twitter
>SEC doesn't get it and takes away your company and charges you $40 million for it
America

Who is this literal who?g

This wasn't over that. This was over him saying he was going private and then didnt.

dumb weedfag should be sent back to SA

REEEEEEEEEEEE

does it even matter anymore, he has enough money to retire for multiple generations.

>they
Who is they? The board? LMAO The board is behind him 100%. Good luck getting a "they" involved to fire him from his company where he owns 25% of the company and has a loyal board member.

Even though that's true
People like him crave fame.
He needs to be in the spotlight or he'll be miserable.

He didn't say he was going to go private. He said he was "considering it." The whole lawsuit was due to him thinking about doing it. Not saying he will do it.

BAH THE ABSOLUTE KIKERY GOING ON

Elon legitimately talked with many big financiers about taking tesla private because was sick of all the short sellers fucking with his stock
> oh but you hadnt signed on the dotted line and secured the deal 100% when you sent a sent a fucking tweet so we are going fuck you

Elon calculated the stock would be 419 dollars and rounded it up by one as a joke
> the price he stated was factually incorrect manipulation. Marijuana reference ! lock this drug addict up !

Elon co-operates fully with the SEC and they still offer him a terrible plea deal and he pulls out
> Reeeeeee lets dump everything can have on this non complying maverick he is not getting away with this

i feel so bad for the man and the fact no one at the banks got exectued for the 2008 GFC still grinds my gears

Attached: 1537758638717.gif (480x368, 3.26M)

>Elon legitimately talked with many big financiers about taking tesla private because was sick of all the short sellers fucking with his stock
THIS
H
I
S

Imagine shilling this hard for an egotistical billionaire

SEC is bought and paid. The whole shit show is being treated like an actual fraud when it was a tweet about the potential to go private where most of the stars were lined up. If he added the word "possibly" inbetween funding secured, this would have been a literal nothingburger.

cnbc.com/2018/09/29/sec-settles-charges-with-teslas-elon-musk-will-remain-as-ceo.html

It was over him saying he could go private at "$420 a share", which was an obvious weed joke

>the SEC imposed a $20 million fine on Tesla

Seems spooky, since it's not like the company was doing very well to being with.

>Elon calculated the stock would be 419 dollars and rounded it up by one as a joke
nope, Elon started with 420 as a joke between him and Ms. MidLifeCrisis, the GF. When SHTF (as any adult could have told him it would) he panicked, and started making up BS that made the 420 at least partially plausible, or at least offered plausible 'BlazeItYo!'deniability. Hes better off out of TSLA anyway, they need a bean counter, while they still got some beans left to count.

The $20 is nothing. Real damage was done by the announcement of the investigation.

what happened?

>kick Musk out
>normies freak the fuck out and start attacking the company for taking their science messiah away

Is he controlled by the vapid whore that fucked over J Deep?

Elon/Tesla caved under pressure. Instead of fighting out a possible win, they just said fuck it, and did the smart thing by saying they'll take what they can. Elon/Tesla could very well win this, no doubt about it. But the main issue is stock will crash as a result of this long investigation. $40 million fine is nothin compared to 1/3+ of share loss during the investigation.

It's not even "his" company. Musk didn't invent Tesla. Musk isn't a fucking rocket scientist.

He got rich off selling his share of PayPal and invested in these companies.

Musk owns 54% of SpaceX and 25% of Tesla. He has a chance of losing Tesla to the board or something else, but he's effectively SpaceX. For Tesla, its his side project.

>get mad about short sellers
>lie about material financial information on twitter
>provoke an SEC investigation of your company
>share price dives due to the investigation

pottery

I love how Apple gets so much flak on Jow Forums when they have decent, if overpriced, products that works and it's massively produced, yet Tesla is Jow Forums's darling, a company took in money years in advance with preorders, fails to mass-produce, and their product is the definition of meme technology. Literally the second any significant number of people started using electric cars, the lack of lithium, the lack of decent charging infrastructure, the soaring electric price because of demand would kneecap the whole market.

tl;dr Jow Forums hates on a streamlined successful business, but adores meme technology company that is bleeding money like crazy.

lmfao

>1
Irrelevant
>2
False, its very much disputable. If I have 80% chance of landing a heads on a coin, and I said "Heads secured" and it lands on tails, is this a lie? No, its a statement based on confidence/probability.

If Elon wasn't doing any of that privatization talk, if he wasn't talking with the Saudis for funding, and he said "funding secured" then that's a lie.

Hyped up Musk worshipers driving up Tesla stock prices to unrealistic heights
>perfectly healthy

Couple of investors going against the hype.
>RRRREEEEEEEE short sellers are EVIL!!!!!!

This is literally what would happen. Having Musk on the board assures normie support.

>the lack of decent charging infrastructure

Literally any household power outlet will do.

>Elon legitimately talked with many big financiers about taking tesla private because was sick of all the short sellers fucking with his stock

If he didn't run such a high profile ponzi scheme the stock wouldn't be so goddamn volitle and there would be no reason for short sellers to be all over it.

Its reasonable for any CEO to be concerned about their stock price but this guy attempts to swing it around like a bafoon.

>People like him crave fame.
I don't think you understand what it means to be an autist like that. what are you even doing on Jow Forums?

Won't shorters who lost money sue Musk for compensation?

I don't care about rich people problems. Why isn't he donating to charity. Why isn't he improving Africa. Boohoo rich man

>weedfag

He barely hit it, he didn't even inhale
Cuck deserves this

Anyone who's not brain dead knows that if he's ever removed from his position as CEO, public opinion of Tesla will plummet and people will switch to their competitors' cars in a heartbeat.

>i feel so bad for the man
He's a billionaire you fucking cuck.

In front of my flat there are 20 cars. We'd have to run cables to all of them. Also I'm not sure our the local grid could take it.

>marijuana
he doesn't know who was born on 4/20

this. It'll go about as well as it did for Apple when they kicked Jobs out.

>improving literal evolutionary deadends

>people think this is what a free market looks like

That's the plan for his detractors. They want the company to fail lmao so their belief(Tesla/SpaceX/Elon is a fraud) gets affirmed.

Liberal media has a thing against him right now. Conservatives used to have this thing against him when he was starting out.

>He's a billionaire you fucking cuck.

have you even noticed the media spin over musk the past few month ?

every single fucking story about him is hyper-sensationalized and negative ITS CLEAR AND APPARENT THEY ARE OUT TO GET OUR OUR Jow ForumsUY

WOKE
as poor people why not just stick it to the successful in revenge

>In front of my hollow there are 20 horse carriages. We'd have to run gasoline hoses to all of them.

I think they already have. Even if you're a short, if someone fraudulently manipulates the stock price to hurt you, you can sue them and win.

>Apple
>Decent

>Elon calculated the stock would be 419 dollars and rounded it up by one as a joke
DUDE WEED LMAO

now, continue bootlicking

Attached: 105438875-1536336503523screen-shot-2018-09-07-at-12.07.32-pm.530x298.jpg (530x298, 19K)

if he left it at that but then he says "funding secured" giving investors a reason to freak

Now would be the right time to take Tesla private and say fuck it with the public company regulations.

even if he'd left it at that he'd be in trouble. You can't just post false material financial information on twitter and then say "it was a joke, brah, chill" and expect the SEC to shrug and go away.

>he didn't even inhale
He learned from the best, former President Clinton.

That moment when you realize the SEC has zero sense of humor

>a shitpost on twitter is a binding contract
Fuck off kike

>17 years ago
>still relevant today
Imagine what the post-trump world will be like in 17 years.

yall are retarded. the sec went easy on them. anyway, musk is lashing out as the walls are closing in. tesla will post Q3 as their first profitable quarter ever, then they will go bankrupt in 1-2 years from now. screencap this

Literally is. If you're a corporate executive, anything you say in public about your company's financials is serious on-the-record business. Whether its on twitter or joking in tone is immaterial.

based retard

considering trump can't block people on twitter who say mean things to him...

all that to make a joke about 420. stoners are fucking stupid.

>24 directors in 2 years,
i would short but i don't trust forexes and i nasdaq in europe is expensive.

Attached: coors.jpg (2550x3300, 1.62M)

Not sure how relevant. It's just that I remember this when he visited Berlin in the 1990s, together with a friend I skipped school without permission to attend his speech, and we got stoned while he said "Berlin is free, everything is possible."

Any poor man that gets pissy and goes off accusing a rescue worker volunteer of pedophilia because I they were too full of themselves and didn't get their way can get fucked too.

SEC didn't go easy on them lmao. SEC went hard on a small tweet. SEC going easy would be letting them off the hook without any charges. SEC's usual focus is actual fraud where billions are siphoned from one party to another in some scheme. This is just a tweet that led to stock fluctuation without any malicious motivation.

>without any malicious motivation

Do you think this fucking matters? You think Warren Buffet can hop on twitter and just make dumb investment jokes which may and almost certainly will have effects on the actual market?

>i was just goofing about the fire, sorry i scared all those people :)

he definitely had malicious motivation, and he also harmed tesla supporters with the tweet. many of them bought thinking they'd be selling later for $420 and had to sell at a loss.

he's a fraud and a liar

>Populist billionaire investor who sells his image as "genius" runs into a relatively small amount of trouble with 1 of his companies...

>/g get's it's knickers in a twist over it.

Have a listen to the JRE with him as an eg.- he's measured in his replies but not what I'd consider "sharp". More aware of his optics than anything else.

>claim funding wasn't secured
>Saudis give $1 billion to Lucid Motors instead
Sucks.

for 45 days sure

that's why you shouldn't do drugs

it really impairs judgment

he was doing ok then suddenly he became very erratic. almost like a miley overnight transformation

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Never take your company public.

do you even invest bro

Neuralink WHEN?

I'd argue that sticking his dick in crazy was the beginning of the end.

Attached: amber-heard-elon-musk-zoom-7f988849-e385-43ad-bfeb-371dbe92b370.jpg (1661x1800, 3M)

this is the tweet that all of the retards in this thread are forgetting about. it is materially false.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 8.45.05 AM.png (780x692, 73K)

wrong pic..

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 7.32.30 PM.png (1528x480, 117K)

>all the JIDF anti-musk shilling lately

Attached: rubbens.gif (480x360, 1.84M)

>that thousand dick stare
RIP

>wrong pic..
That's what Shaniqua said!

Even the tweet says its not certain and requires shareholder vote.

yes, but he's saying he has everything EXCEPT the shareholder vote, which is not true. he didn't even have a term sheet.

Still not sure whether being Eskimo Bros with Johnny Depp is a gud thing or a bad thing....

Imagine being so rich and "important" that you can't even make 420 joke on twitter without being hammered by a 20 million dollar fine. Fuck this shit, I think I'm gonna remain a NEET and shitpost on the internet. Being rich sounds like it's a lot of trouble actually, although Notch seems like he's doing fine.

It was much more than a 420 joke. Elon has perpetual hatred for people shorting his company, so he told a lie in order to blow up their positions by getting a margin call. Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand wtf that means.

>Why isn't he improving Africa.
The place he fled from? Why would any white person in this planet spend a dime in that shithole?

>MCMICHAEL claimed this post was a joke.

>He told a lie

No he fucking didn't you retarded pseudointellectual. He told a joke about taking his company private at a joke price and literally fucking everyone with half a brain KNEW it was nothing but a joke statement. Of course morons like you would take it seriously to argue the idea that by sending A FUCKING TWEET he somehow committed fraud, and OF COURSE the fucking tools at the SEC HAD to jump in and make a couple millions for themselves in the process. But I'm sorry kiddo, everyone knew it was a joke.

Isn't he still in charge of SpaceX and Boring Co.?

yes

I was born on 4/20 :3

>Fuck this shit, I think I'm gonna remain a NEET and shitpost on the internet.

Attached: the_fox_and_the_grapes_new1.jpg (1366x1600, 465K)

based joe rogan