/spg/ - Smartphone General

Sailfish 3 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Sailfish3_DeviceCategories.jpg (1920x1080, 763K)

>certain Xperia XA2 devices
what the fuck did this Mongol mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20180929-190244.png (1080x1920, 366K)

Could mean XA2 and XA2 Ultra

Let's try this again
I have an Axon 7 and while I love the damn thing it has next to no cell service I'm looking for something comparable or better in Canada on the virgin mobile I'm looking for cell service battery life web browsing and emus in that order I would like expandable memory and a headphone Jack
What's my options?

then why wouldn't they say that? I'm thinking ti pertains more to regional models

Redmi Note 5

Is that the only phone spg can recommend?
I doubt chink shits gonna get good signal out here in the wilds of mooseland

check what LTE bands your carrier uses against the bands supported by the RN5, OEMs are ohasing out headphone jacks my man
beggars can't be choosers

It's fully supported on Virgin

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-021346.png (679x553, 86K)

I'm kinda out in the bush would it still be worth it? And I have no intent to root or put a custom rom in

>I'm kinda out in the bush would it still be worth it? And I have no intent to root or put a custom rom in
what fucking service are you using dingus? i fucking told you to check what bands yoyr service uses against the bands the phone supports, do you speak english?

You're the dingus here
>Canada on the virgin mobile

I'm asking if your shitty chink phone has a good antenna in it you dense motherfucker

What's wrong with virgin in Canada?

Nothing, I'm not implying there is

>POCOPHONE AT US $293.99
>Used to be 340$
Its so hard to resist, about to pull the trigger.
Help me, my s7 is still pefectly fine.
>but i could sell it

Attached: Capture.jpg (1221x573, 110K)

Your S7 easily has 2-3 more years out of its life. If you get the pocophone, the battery will wear out and it would probably lose official support even sooner.
Don't fall for all the viral youtube marketing.

i have a US galaxy S4 and a european S4 (9500 & 9505) and a US SIM card

the 9500 has a shitty power button and a non working usb port. the 9505 is in brand new condition. right now i charge the battery in the EU phone and swap it with my US phone. i want to move the guts from the US phone to the european to get my phone fully working again

do i just need to swap out the SIM card/SD board or do i have to move everything over from the US one? are the motherboards identical? would it even know it was a different board?

Attached: s4.png (1467x799, 989K)

sony is dead to me until they bring back 4" phones. 5" is for fags

Install Blokada

Attached: blokada_icon.png (433x433, 29K)

Are your hands small?
~5.5" masterrace.

>sub 6"

Attached: 1533996227648.jpg (340x565, 56K)

Keep your Samsung if it's still okay, Poco won't feel as much of an upgrade in most uses. There will always be new Xiaomemes to fall for next year or whenever you'll need to upgrade.

Lol you must have never seen a Xiaomi device in your life, they have the best battery durability among smartphones, partly due to overaggressive MIUI sacrificing performance to conserve it. Realistically you can expect around 4-5 years of security and feature updates from xiaomi though I doubt the phone will ever see any official android version beyond Pie.

The S7 is still a solid device. Have some impulse control user, you don't need a new phone yet.

So no recommendations?

I previously got the Mi Note 4 Pro, even after wipes and multiple ROMs, the battery barely lasts a day when it used to last 3-5 days, it was only 9 months old at that stage. You sound like a fucking shill.

Thats a smilar story to my 3s prime as well, I think they just release a good spec sheet for reviewers to praise and just leave customers for dead longevity wise.

Mi note 4 pro doesn't even exist, but thanks for convincing us you've owned one. The only one shilling here is you, Samshill, you can see in my post I've clearly told the man not to buy.

Actually, I'll make it objective, I'll measure the actual battery capacity of the phone to see if it's a software issue or if the battery is actually really degraded that much.

ebay must've fucked me then.

Ah fuck, it's a Redmi Note 3. Fuck my memory.
Gonna install Accubattery, give it a proper test.

>the battery will wear out
lmao wut
if that happen, changing the battery on pocomeme is easy anyway

I'm interested in this, do it. Also do you know if it's a Kenzo (china) or Kate (global) model? Mine is the former and it's still at 91% according to accubattery.

Kenzo model. MHOMIDI

the S7 was never perfectly fine

can i get some help here? Me and the wife are both looking to get new phones and use t-mobile plan so heres what im looking for.
>budget under ~200 for each phone
>long lasting battery
>durable (because shes a klutz)
>nothing too large that wont fit a pocket
>new enough for the OS to not crap out on us like my old iphone 4 did...seriously fuck apple

any help would be greatly appreciated

wtf is sailfish os?

shit should mention at least like 4g of ram and dont give a shit about camera. ive only ever had an iphone 4 and before that my sisters old razor from 2009

With android and with that budget you will be running into the same shit as with the iPhone 4
Motorola, Nokia, and Xiaomi are the top picks from this general, everytime

you got yours now git out

Okay, so im looking for a phone that will last me 2 or even 3 years.
Only want performance, good screen and battery. Updates would be nice too.
Dont care about games asides from nds/GBA/PS1 emulator and football manager.
My options are:
S8 (or s9 if it gets lower in price by december)
Oneplus 6
Pocophone
Dont care about the notch but the headphone jack is necessary
Which one should I grab? Any option under 500?

Attached: FB_IMG_1537555395552.jpg (697x960, 63K)

the only other mobile OS besides Android and iOS, and IIRC its made by former members of the Nokia Symbian team
it stresses security and privacy, you even need to pay for a license to have it and it only works on a few devices

Too bad virgin mobile only supports BYOD for iphones

with that price range you two should probably get the Nokia 6.1, should satisfy Android support and from what I've geard they're buikt like tanks

Asus Zenfone 5Z

Which model zenfone should i get

damn i was hoping id be avoiding that shit as a long as i strayed away from apple. just dont want to buy a phone for 500$ to find out the OS wont be updating anymore in the next 3 years.

will the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 at least last a couple years?

Less expensive

pocomeme
it can run emulators up to gamecube, great price, decent screen, huge battery, will get official support for a while plus a lot of custom rom support

damn user that looks pretty good. the price is a little more than id like but thanks a lot!

The thing is, the pocophone is 400usd here while the s8 is 500 and I feel like the s8 is a much better phone.
Am I wrong?

it's not objectively better

s8 has a weaker CPU, less RAM, smaller battery, smaller screen, less internal storage on most models, etc
but on the other hand it also has an amoled screen, no ugly ass notch, and probably a better camera

really depends on which of these you care more about

Theres also the XA2 Plus now.

Looking for a phone with a beautiful display/resolution and a very good camera for under $300-350. Watcha got for me, Jow Forums?

>Am I wrong?
You are. Still from your posts my guess is you're in the US (you didn't specify your country/carrier) in which case Poco is not an option. Get the OP6 you mentioned, a much better device than the S8.

>doesn't want updates to slow down the phone
>wants regular updates for 3+ years

Attached: 1501632023208.png (612x491, 98K)

What's the best Xiaomi?

Because you touch yourself

Xperia XZ Premium

Did I fuck up Jow Forums? I got my Moto Z2 Play today, unlocked the bootloader, and was planning on installing Lineage. The guide on XDA told me to format in TWRP, so I did, but I think I did it wrong because now I'm getting error messages like "Failed to mount /data." Can anybody help?

Mi8

Looks cool. Where would I purchase one? eBay? I'm looking now and I'm seeing a ton of sellers, and its price is $450 (about $100 than I'd like to spend). I'd rather get the OP6+ when it arrives next month at $450.

Non-shit chinese cases?

Lovemei doesnt make a case for the poco f1... Yet.

Those nillkin ones are like, a 2mm piece of plastic that offer zero protection, who buys them, and why?

Most TPU cases are shit, but i know there are good ones tight and pretty ones.
But where?

Does xiaomi have a store in ebay?
You can buy directly from them on aliexpress...

Need buying advice
Price 0 - 500 or a little more
Musts: android

Preferable: expandable memory
Decent camera

Pocomeme f1?

sigh

they only will recommend the pocomeme and redmi note 5

Attached: dinosaurs.gif (200x200, 90K)

Moto Z2 Force for $299 new on eBay

Asus Zenfone 5Z

it's fucking $499

Did anyone notice theres a Redmi note 6 pro now?
Cool.

I tried to install 15.1 on my Axon 7 this morning but i was having troubles with, Error 7 on twrp, so i updated that to the latest version and i still recievced Error 7. So i then went and looked up online how to fix it and i deleted the

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "ailsa_ii" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ailsa_ii" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "axon7" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "axon7" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: ailsa_ii,axon7; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + ".");); assert(axon7.verify_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1-00353") == "1"); ui_print("Target: ZTE/lineage_axon7/axon7:8.1.0/OPM6.171019.030.K1/0838016716:userdebug/release-keys");

From the update script file, to get it to force install. I did have the correct .zip file and stuff so that wasn't a problem.\

Then i installed 15.1, arm64 open gapps and the latest magisk. I then restarted my phone and booted it and it shows the ZTE logo, shows the corruption checker screen, then the orange LED light flashes like 3 times and the phone turns its self off. I can still boot into twrp, i cleared dalvik cache and stuff. I was on the latest version of 14.1. I dont know what i did wrong and why it is doing this. I do have an old version of 14.1 on my phone that i can go back to if i haven't broken my phone. Any help would be appreciated.
I also have x-posed installed from magisk as well.

not really the case. but nice try bud

My old man needs a new phone. He loves the Z3C that he was using but it's slowly dying so he needs a replacement.
Price range is up to 500-600 Euroshekels, the size should be around the size of the Z3C 127.3 x 64.9 x 8.6 mm (5.01 x 2.56 x 0.34 in) cause he dislikes huge phones. Good camera and battery life are very important.
Any advice?

Oneplus 3 or 3T still viable in 2018 and the coming few years?

As long as you can build android for it, yes.

Not in Canada.

5Z

OG Pixel XL

Sony XZ1 Compact or XZ2 Compact

for those on Jow Forums that get flagship phones what do you end up using all the bleeding edge power for?

I do pretty basic stuff so I never see myself going past the midrange of any new set of phones.

>what do you end up using all the bleeding edge power for
Keeping the phone alive and fast beyond 3 years.

Also, Elder Scrolls Blades when it comes out.

I got a nillkin case for the pocomeme. As long as the glass doesn't hit the floor if you drop it it should be fine, has a plastic back after all. Looks decent and has a nice finish on the back.

Still smells like Chinese plastic though

Zenfone Max Pro M1

Attached: photo_2018-09-16_19-16-29.jpg (1170x1280, 56K)

Why don't people just rename this as /xpg/ xiaomi phone general?

Pretty much nothing.
I got a phone with a SD835 but the most intensive thing I'll ever do on it is watching videos.

/Chink & Pajeet shit General/
/cpsg/

Anyone here have the Nokia 6.1? I've been looking at it, but I've heard that it's got some performance/freezing/slowness issues

If it weren't for the pocomeme I would've gone for something with a mid/low end SoC I guess, I only use my phone for messaging, email, browsing, ebooks and see metimes videos. I guess it's good for the live expectancy of the phone, even when official software support eventually ends with hardware like that even unofficial, probably terribly optimised stuff will run for a long time

Hearsay a loop. No issues with mine. Have you seen any video proof or read something from a reputable source?

- Too big screen for 1 hand use.

How big of an upgrade is the S9 over the S8. I'm gonna switch from an S6 because the lack of micro-sd is cancer and the screens on bezelless phones look nice.

Not that much

Good point, thanks!

Aight I'll probably get the Saight

Is there any reason to get a note 8 over a S8+?

Stylus, not much else

not symbian, meego

I buy flagships mostly for the camera and then for future-proofing.

Anyone with a note 9? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting one

Get the Note 8, half the price, 95% the functionality.
Differences:
Super slo-mo camera 960FPS vs 480FPS
Slightly better low light camera
S-pen with bluetooth button
Stereo speakers vs mono

Note 9 isn't a bad phone by all means, but the Note 8 is pretty fucking ultimate too.

pretty much camera and general improvement in speed in everyday tasks. You will find that it's almost impossible to get a midrange phone with a high end camera.