Surge Protectors

Surge Protectors are technology. What are some Jow Forums approved ones?

Attached: 81P-pH5x2LL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x820, 202K)

Not this one

Attached: u7o740dmuc001.jpg (1918x1669, 399K)

I have pic related ant a few ports stopped working after like 4 years

I only use it as a kill switch for my server and home network

I like power conditoners

Attached: Classic_Series_Power_Conditioners.jpg (960x590, 41K)

Your UPS.

based and redpilled UPS is the way to go.

Attached: 91we9rHW4oL._SL1500_.jpg (830x1500, 190K)

Belkin had a 3600 jule one, still probably do that worked for me. I had one fill up with water but protected what was connected to it.

Also can the T Mobile user in Wilkes Barre using the same IP as me stop being a retard on/v/?

Scranton master race.

They're placebo except the kind you permanently install at the service entrance. A UPS with AVR is good to have though.

i have one on my house

lightning struck nearby and owned my computer through my router a few years ago so I just stopped caring about placebos like that

Attached: 8.jpg (607x607, 28K)

They're not placebos if they have a replaceable fuse. Most consumer-grade power strips don't have it.

during a thunderstorm my surge protector tripped and I reset the surge protector and everything was working again.

Did a fuse blow and I should replace or am I ok?

Surge protectors are a meme unless all your outlets are grounded first.

now that's what you get for not using wifi

These things always seemed like they are giant scams.
What they do is literally what a PSU does

your outlets probably have floating grounds so it literally went nowhere

Tripp-Lite Isobar Ultra series.

if ypu pressed reset and it worked again it's because it has a breaker in it you moron

what evers the cheapest chink surge protector

I've got 2 of these for my room.

Attached: FRGY79b.jpg (810x1500, 111K)

I'm unfamiliar with power conditioners. do they just track high/low usage and reduce draw when usage is lower or what?

Rest of the house uses these

Attached: K1ldMmT.jpg (737x1500, 80K)

It killed my network adapter and router

I have this problem all the fucking time. once it was some dick on /mu/. I'm on Google fi and it happens frequently enough that I'm starting to wonder if the metrics were told about four Jow Forums aren't a lot more conservative than they're letting on.

master race

Few years ago something inside a utility pole across the street blew up. It fried my psu and ethernet port I was surprised my motherboard actually survived that.

>What are some Jow Forums approved ones?
Not having a burger tier powergrid will suffice just fine.

Attached: 1537487889224.jpg (577x474, 48K)

Have had that same exact model for well over a decade.

The condoplex I live in has it's own lightning strike deterrents and surge protections in place.

I only have to worry about some construction worker digging up the power lines so an UPS is a higher priority for me.

>ethernet/telephone ports on surge protectors
do they actually do anything? does it just act as a repeater? never used those, so idk

Sometimes the mains power runs outside spec - that can kill you PSU and everything behind it.
When your job is to ensure data continuity for a business - you do everything in your power (and budget) to ensure that.
You can control the quality of the PSUs buy ensuring you buy good gear, you can ensure good wiring by hiring decent electricians, etc - but you can't ever control the mains.

So instead you isolate your equipment from the mains.
Power conditioners like that are only really for small businesses and branch offices though, bigger datacentres will often just use MG Sets, which provide complete isolation.

My UPS is both battery and surge protector.

Attached: cyberpower_1500.jpg (2304x1296, 158K)

Doesn't a good online UPS which businesses use already do the power conditioning?

>laughs at your virgin power strips

Attached: 24639-14.jpg (400x400, 20K)

My brother, also saves my electronics from the dirty ass power in my area

all you need is a GFCI, any decent power supply can handle a brown surge (if you live in a shitter that can't supply decent power). Or use solar and never deal with grid outages or faults

Attached: powerwall.png (434x499, 25K)

Lightning fried my whole house once, had to get a new router, TV, and a whole bunch of new power strips.

What do I get to protect my tech from this?

Whole house surge protection, meaning you install it at the mains.

Any examples?

>Surge protection
>For Antenna
The fuck?

Outdoor antennas are prone to carry lightning strikes straight into your house.

Google Whole House Surge Protection, it will vary region by region.

Nigga are you me? They're ugly as shit but if not anything else, running cable through them did miracles to my SNR at the modem.

Literally 9 out of 10 mobile IPs are fucking range banned for me

Reminder that the UK has the best plug in the world

Attached: uk plug.jpg (1000x1000, 393K)

>requiring a fuse in the plug because the entire house is wired in one circuit

a toaster is going to burn down your entire country and when confronted about it you stupid brits are going to use it as an excuse to build more mosques

whats a breaker

also please don't call me a moron just because I don't know things, I could be really smart

Seethe more, jew golem. Islam is based.

>.jpg
Come the fuck on

Breaker does roughly the same thing as a fuse, except you just reset it instead of having to change the whole thing like with a fuse.

>Surge protectors are a meme unless all your outlets are grounded first.
... which they are in every single first world country

Oh right, I forgot that most people on Jow Forums are Ameripoors.

Imagine the smell...

sausage

yes use a sausage as it will explode if there's a surge

I bought like 4 of those, and the plastic keeps breaking between the outlet prongs. Not just the sliding child protection thing, but the plastic under that. They still work but I probably won't buy any more Belkins. Next I'll try APC or Tripp.

A+ bantz

shouldn't it be easier to just install those surge protectors alongside over current circuit breakers?
they even have pretty much the same dimensions to protect the whole wiring, why bother with stripes?

yeah but they're a placebo you can use to wring money from if you buy from reputable bands.
>buy surge protector
>lightning strikes house, surge protector doesn't protect against the surge, computer fried
>contact company
>they comp me repair costs
k i k e d

It does, the guy is just a retard or a shill.

The only thing that actually works is a UPS that has the mains connected to the battery and the battery to the equipment you want to protect.

Fucking datalets, when will they learn.

They're a meme.
They'll fail if your house's power line is directly struck.
And even then you should be more concerned about the fire hazard within the electrical circuit in your walls than about your computer.