Apply for basic web dev job

>apply for basic web dev job
>interview is bunch of obscure math shit
WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 1*g4zsvHxslR-946bI_twV-w.jpg (400x388, 27K)

Define "obscure math shit"

Fizzbuzz

Well, they gave me shit like Pythagorean theoremn, aka C2=A2+B2.

Web devs don't need this high school shit

Attached: 8.gif (48x48, 51K)

This is because high school and college is so shit and has such low standards now that it is not a good measure of competence anymore. The diploma/degree you get from these institutions only signals you were only able to pass the most minimum of standards.

Employers want to make sure you are not a retard with a degree in gender studies that took some computer science minors.

Attached: iPad-charger.png (601x507, 630K)

everybody needs high school math it doesn't get anymore fundamental

A^2+B^2=C^2
If you don't know basic shit like that, you're working at McDonalds for the rest of your miserable life

huh that was kinda fun

Attached: 2018-09-30_14h46_45.png (371x312, 8K)

This is the worst python fizz buzz I'v seen.

thats unfortunate

what the fuck

People shit on you but you at least wrote a method that could be useful in the future. I bet half of Jow Forums just bruteforced it in one line of a for loop to show up clever they are but then it has no use outside of its specific instance.

What did they want you do to with it? Prove it? Or just use it? I can understand not knowing a proof of it by heart or coming up with it from scratch under pressure, but not being able to use it is inexcusable.

>People shit on you but you at least wrote a method that could be useful in the future.
def add(a, b):
return a + b

Is this also a """method""" (actually function) that you consider could be useful in the future? Because that's pretty much what he did.

no one cares if you can do html nigger, you need to write 600000 lines of javascript to make your site as slow as possible

this is low quality bait

It's fine, user is in the intermediate phase where he learned how to abstract stuff and is overengineering everything. It's normal, in time he should swing back to writing simple shit but with new knowledge.

It sucks when you have to maintain code from that phase, though

It is not bait at all.

Which one is real?

>doesnt print fizzbuzz on every multiple of 15
you just lost the job to a tranny, sorry.

But he didn't even write ten AbstractBeanFactory classes, this isn't enterprise level code.

Most likely the left one, the little knob is plastic on the right one and the internals are of a significantly cheaper grade.

I remember going through that... It's felt like relearning logic. Well worth it though.

Probably basic discrete math shit

"Add" can be used as a first class function, but not can the operator +.

It does. In a stupid and convoluted way (the inner loop tries both 3 and 5 before moving to the next number)

>user THIS IS AN OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE YOU CAN'T JUST WRITE LIKE THIS IS C
i swear to god if i have to spend another fucking hour reading abstract class bullshit that could have just been done in a couple of lines of code i'm going to kill someone

operator.add
lambda a, b: a+b

Go back pajeet

>high school shit
it's middle school tho

>not using tuples

he added 200 loops for nothing

How the fuck is that long ass fizz bizz implemention useful in the future? If anything, it's an indication that he will write bloated code at every opportunity.

def test_division(a, b):
if b == 0:
return False
c = a//b
if c*b == a:
return True
else:
return False

strings = ("", "fizzbuzz", "buzz", "fizz")
dividers = (15,5,3)

for k in range(1,101):
s = strings[0]
for (i,d) in enumerate(dividers):
if test_division(k,d) == True:
s += strings[i+1]
break
else:
s += str(k)
print(s)

I tried to do worse