What are the actual differences performance wise between 7 and 10?

You can't get a straight answer anywhere else because you get malaysian third worlders swearing by 7 and Reddit tier shills going "10 is fine what are you a caveman?" without explaining shit.

So are there any tangible differences between each OS at all for games, video and 3D rendering and general performance?

Attached: winders.jpg (300x168, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide
classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8147
www24.zippyshare.com/v/GyQ6udx7/file.html
www60.zippyshare.com/v/uMYNP0sy/file.html
forums.mydigitallife.info/
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
wsusoffline.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

10 is fine what are you a caveman?

Windows 10 has dx12 but nothing uses it

win 10's biggest issue is that it looks and navigates like shit and is nwo botnet

One is unstable and other is experimental.

Pretty much this. Older (but still maintained) software > new shit, any day. Only stupid little shits always go straight for the latest gadgets. Let em feel the pain. I'll switch once it's comfy.

I had endless problems with windows 7. When I upgraded to 10 I had some problems. When I built this computer and installed a windows 10 on it, I've had zero problems in almost 2 years.

I'd say the means by which you obtain windows 10 on your system makes all the difference. But then again I never had issues with vista either. My experiences with windows OSs seem to go against popular opinion.

higher input lag with W10 DWM

Windows 7 if you are a Firefox retard, Windows 10 if you are a based Chrome bro.

Windows 8.1 is the true red pill, the last good microsoft OS. Either that or use Linux. BSD is not for desktop use.

8.1 is more of a bog pill

Windows 10 was free. 3 years and 1 month later Windows 7 still has nearly 40% of market share for windows PC computers. They couldn't give it away. Not to mention they had to trick and nag people into "upgrading".
Compare that to 3 years and 1 month after Windows 7 was released, Windows XP only had around 30 percent market share of windows PCs. People adopted windows 7 faster, and were willing to pay for it

gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide

WE HAVE THIS THREAD EVERY DAY

Windows 8.1 + startmenu8

As much as I love windows 7 and am using it right now, part of that is because of the urgent need back then to upgrade technology often, to keep up with the times (A 2003 computer was almost useless by 2006,) however when technology got to the plateau it is today, there is almost no need to upgrade. (A 2006 computer is still very usable today.)

Windows 10 if you're a gentleman.
Wind*ws 7 if you eat with vermin, pre-humans in your table.

This. I used classic shell when I had Windows 8.1. It is no longer in development.
classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8147

>windows 7 still has the recovery boot admin exploit

and fucking no one thinks to put a password on that shit.

is there a way to get it free still?
I have a scuffed version of win 7

i was able to get a copy of win 7 for a vm pretty easily

You can dl the iso free from ms website, and there are third-party iso editors that may "forget" to include the registration sequence

For me 10 performs far better with a game/movie in one monitor and browsers and other stuff in others. Beyond that 7 feels much smoother even after disabling all that crap that you can with tools like O&O Shutup10.

If you have physical access to exploit that, you already own it.

LTSB performs better than both btw.

10 ltsb is perfectly fine
regular 10 is dumb

>exploit
are you retarded

Windows 10 sucked more because it had telemetry shipped with it
Windows 7 sucks equally now because windows added telemetry to win7
Both are botnets
Both suck
And as soon as dxvk fixes the gayming compatability issues for normies the only people that will still use windows are 60 year old boomers and corporatefags
Prove me wrong
Protip: you can't

>Windows 7 sucks equally now because windows added telemetry to win7
It merely upgrades the old system. You still have to manually enable CEIP for it to send anything.

And if it does that regardless that's a criminal offence in EU. They are changing the agreement without informing the user.

That's a funny way of saying Education/Enterprise.

Attached: Capture.png (877x511, 34K)

My sweet, sweet summer child

Attached: 1513378243455.png (641x641, 407K)

Feel free to prove it. And sent it to proper authorities.

>muh telemetry
install gentoo your worthless sack of shit

>proper authorites
Here in america. Its ok to spy on your customers. And over yonder in yuroland the authorities are too busy catching trolls. Good thing alot of them use windows 7, makes it alot easier to catch them.

Already did. Feels good to be free of spying cia niggers

Fucks with ryzen energy settings.Which won't get updated until 2019 LTSB

You actually believe that they'd do something if they only knew don't you?

English, please

Performance difference is very small, once you take care of the basics. IME 7 still performs a bit better, though, at least on older PCs with a HDD.
By far the biggest annoyance of 10 are the major updates that come every six months. They literally take over your PC for the entire day with an HDD.
10 also uses more GPU resources, despite what the shitty flat GUI might make you seem.

Windows 7 is the best desktop OS ever made.

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 1.46M)

i use binwodws 10 hahhehheh i use bindows 10 windbow 10 bin win 10 hahahahahahaha its good i like it

Attached: 1517041684100.png (403x448, 53K)

btw, can i using windows 10 key to activated windows 7 ?

In certain situations Pro key has downgrade rights.

how is that works ?

Are you running a company? If not, you don't have to care about the legality of Windows. Nobody will come to your house asking for a genuine license.

Yes, im running small grocery market

SImply use the key on 7. Though don't hold your breath, I would not rely on this.
You can simply activate Windows 7 with these:
www24.zippyshare.com/v/GyQ6udx7/file.html
www60.zippyshare.com/v/uMYNP0sy/file.html
Windows Loader for Home/Pro/Ult (MBR)
Microsoft Toolkit for ProVL/Enterprise (GPT and MBR)
They are from here: forums.mydigitallife.info/

and the update feature still work after im activated it with that toolkit ?

Yes. Both options leave the system perfectly intact.

For general use there's not much difference between Win 7 and Win 10 in terms of performance. Nothing worthwhile is Dx12 exclusive and the spying/advertising is only going to increase. As long as you keep your security up to date (make sure not to include the telemetry updates) Windows 7 will be fine for a long time to come.

I suggest to use Simplix Pack or WSUS offline for updates. They are well curated and keep the telemetry and GWX bullshit out. Also a lot faster in the case of Simplix Pack. Use the magnet link.
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
wsusoffline.net/

Attached: Untitled.png (503x313, 41K)

is Dx12 worth ?

Nah, the performance increase appears to be minimal and AFAIK vulcan can perform most of the same functions without requiring Win10.

>freetards bow to Madobes

Attached: YuuAndAi.png (900x555, 435K)

Only developers that use it were paid by MS to do it and the few that supported it for other reasons are switching to vulkan.

can i running Vulkan on Windows 7 ?

>in almost 2 years
windows 10 is already 2 years old wtf

Yes. Vulkan also works on GNU/Linux, macOS and Android. Probably iOS too though I don't know about that.

You can run it on anything that still gets GPU driver updates to this day.

Same. I never had a single problem with Windows XP, VIsta, 7. 8.1 and 10.

Yes, you can.

Win 10 on my Thinkpad and Win 7 on my Desktop best of both worlds.

Attached: 1514272861239.png (444x560, 79K)

Anybody in here have problem with hibernate feature in Windows 7 ? I have dual graphics laptop (Intel broadwell processor and AMD graphic), if i running the Hibernation process, its success and laptop shut down, but if i power on again my laptop and restore the hibernate image, its get BSOD.

any advise ?

Dumb commie, just use Win10. There's no reason to still using that outdated shit.
>muh bloatware
LTSB
>muh telemetry
Gentoo
>muh games
A bullet in your head

Windows 7 on desktop and laptops. Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 in VMs. Best of all worlds.

LTSB is buggy. Eat shit and die.

>hibernate
Disable that shit. Nothing but trouble.

Pretty retarded answer tbqh, you're the player not developer of the game. But anyway using Windows 10 mean you can have directX 12 + Vulkan

Update both drivers. Never had that problem and I run on a XPS15-9550.

im currently update both drivers to very new version, still get BSOD.

These days, 10 is generally better in modern workloads. To MS's credit there really were some under the hood improvements in 8 and 10. Not enough to justify switching for performance though. 10 also doesn't annoy me like it used to. I first switched to 10 in 2016, then back to 7 in 2017, then after it inexplicably tried to kill my 1080 back to 10. I might just be suffering from stockholm syndrome but it feels less intrusive with the bullshit than it used to be. Hide the cortana bar, install classic shell, use a few placebo spyware blockers, bob's your uncle.
Or don't I dunno dude just use what you're comfortable with and what works best for your hardware setup.

>Windows 7 if you are a Firefox retard
>Windows 10 if you are a based Chrome bro.
So, Windows 10 only runs good if you're running another botnet within your botnet?

Botnetception?

Weird. Check other drivers for updates, mainly chipset relaed or ACPI.

>Same. I never had a single problem with Windows XP, VIsta, 7. 8.1 and 10.

same here and I actually enjoyed using Vista. Not getting a free Windows 10 upgrade was one of the many things that made me buy a new computer though. When you miss Windows 7 and 8.1 you subconsciously just want the newest system available, I guess.

I had major problems with win7 after I downgraded from 10, Intel drivers did not work nVidia also interfered with it, the resolution was still lower than native, so I gave up and got back to win10. Don't pick Intel if you're going to use their products for a long time.

Nvidia's drivers for Windows 7 are fine. Hell, this company still makes drivers for Windows 8.0, which MS does not support anymore.

Get out of here bourgeoisie, no one wants you.

Modern PC games are generally shit anyway.
I don't believe there is a single GOOD game that uses DX12.

>malaysia
>third world

Windows XP is unironically the last good OS Microsoft released.
Windows 7 is a shit operating system but tolerable.
Windows 10 is cancer and is literally unusable. It's so bad, in fact, that unless you are a gamer you might as well just switch to Linux. Windows 10 is deliberately out to fuck you over regardless of what you do with your computer.
You already have to fuck with your OS just to get it to work so what the fuck is Microsoft even trying to advertise? Their power over you? Lmao.

>Are you an artist? Do you use a tablet?
Well fuck you here's Windows Ink to get in your way.

>Do you do important work?
Well F U C K you, nigger, here's a forced update in the middle of your render.

Bill gates should literally kill himself.

If you place any value on freedom, at all, you will be using Windows 7. Windows 10 is literal NWO botnet with globalist tyrants in control. This isn't even a meme, but the reality of the situation.
THEY FUCKING SERVE YOU ADS.

Wake the fuck up.

ITT What is WSUS.

stop shilling ASUS computers they also have Windows 10 botnet retard.

nobody cares about the "ROG" republic of gamers shit, it's a meme, have you SEEN their RGB? They'd put RGB on a spy camera to watch you fap and retard gamers would still buy it. ASUS isn't going to fix the problems with Windows 10 you retarded monkey.

DESIGNED
E
S
I
G
N
E
D

Attached: nIO8_rrM.jpg (512x512, 33K)

Attached: 1515758395791.jpg (535x536, 20K)

i only moved because of Oculus software support. simulators are the only modern games i play so it made sense.

just make sure you use LTSB and its tolerable.

That just sounds like drivers for the new Intel hardware didn't get ported back to Win7... Might need to install manually.

I've spent enough time with W10 that it feels a little weird every time I have to work on a W7 computer that gets brought in.

But heck non of that is as bad as trying to tell a client that no, we don't carry parts to fix a Socket A computer with an array of blown caps and no we can't make your 20 year old Windows 98 receipt/accounting software and dot matrix magically work on anything past WinXP.
Also we can't do anything about the software company wanting to charge you for an updated version of their proprietary app, and no, it's time to retire that Zip 100 drive.

It isn't just with Intel, Ryzen 2000 series is also a nightmare to try to get working with old O/Ss.

Windows 10 LTSB

Depends on your hardware. I can sit here and tell you that I have had more trouble with 7 than 10 but the next person will give you a different answer. Instead of anecdotal evidence I would tell you just to go with 7 if you use a toaster, and 10 if you don't.

>I've spent enough time with W10 that it feels a little weird every time I have to work on a W7 computer that gets brought in.
I have W7 at home, switched to 10 recently at work and it took me around 30 seconds to get used to it. What's different? Anything I wanted to use was literally the same.

Lies.

Hardware support mainly and niche features like miracast and other shit. Windows 7's GPT boot support can be wonky at times.

Luddites buying brand new GAYMEN computers, didn't like W10, and fail spectacularly to bandaid together W7 on it fucking everything up and then bringing in their computer in as a last resort. Desktops are easy enough to fix, laptops are a fucking pain especially with missing driver support.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could just load W10 back on and be done with it, but some faggots don't backup their shit, some retards don't understand that some computers just won't work with W7 and the conversation that ensues is a headache in of itself.

Also, if you can't afford to take your computer to a shop to get fixed then don't fuck it up and then bring it to a shop only to haggle or leave the shit at the shop for up to weeks. Shops aren't charities, they exist to unfuck people's fuckups, at a price.

Then there are the people who install really really old versions of pirated software causing BSODs or other shit.

If you have a fucking legit license for Windows 10 Home and you have no idea what "Pro" does other than epeen stroking then don't fucking try to pirate "Pro" if you don't know what you're doing...
99% of the time people bringing in Win 7 "Ultimate" computers are pirated.

Anecdotes are useless, I agree.
We can still talk about objective facts, for example the fact that by default W10 receives a major update every 6 months, which will take your PC hostage for a few hours and change some system settings (which might not affect you, depending on which settings you use).
You can delay these updates, but not forever (unless you ignore security updates too).

This is my main problem with W10 and it's why I don't install it on normies' PCs if I can avoid it.
The other problem is ads and bloatware, but surprisingly enough, many normies don't seem to mind. I guess they're used to not using adblockers and just accept them. Most installations of W10 I've seen just leave all the default adware/shitware in Start and elsewhere.

>(which might not affect you, depending on which settings you use)

That's the thing. Won't deny it's stupid, specially given the fact Microsoft has pushed buggy updates for generations (and perhaps more prone to do so now that they have even more talentless people) but some people can be updating their system without even noticing it or restart/shut down their computer frequently enough.

Some people just don't give a shit about ads or extra programs. Some people buy Samsung phones, that should tell you something. They just care about shit working and maybe 10 works for them.

10 has better, faster kernel.
And it works much faster with meltdown/spectre patches. Unlike 7.

Windows 10 is the new XP...it's awesome, don't listen to this cry babies. And who cares if glow-in-darkers spy on me? Any government on Earth can see what websites you visit no problem and if we are talking about deeper spying i do nothing illegal or weird.

Are you dyslexic, user?