Why the actual fuck are we still using keyboards and mice?

Steve Jobs' vision when he revealed the iPhone in 2007 was to completely eliminate the need for physical and inter-conflicting components by universally digitizing the user's means of usage, thus giving every software developer the freedom to design their software to be operable within the absolute accordance of the said developer.

>B-but muh typing
Have any of you actually used the swipe feature that's included within Google Keyboard? It's much more convenient and quicker than typing with a shitty physical keyboard.

>B-but muh mouse precision
The human hand equipped with a fine-point stylus is much more precise than any mouse cursor can ever hope to be.

Face it, the keyboard and mouse are both outdated 80's technology that need not exist now thanks to the advent of the touchscreen.

Attached: Surface Studio.jpg (1600x600, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fozu9dU86Bw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i use what i know, user.

Steve Jobs also had a vision that vegan diet and meditation would cure him.

>It's much more convenient and quicker than typing with a shitty physical keyboard.
I disagree
>The human hand equipped with a fine-point stylus is much more precise than any mouse cursor can ever hope to be.
I disagree, tracking in 3D is far far easier with a mouse as well as faster because you are not having to physically move your arm around the entire screen. Could you imagine using a desktop sized monitor that was touchscreen and how tired your arm would eventually become?

BTW when I say I disagree on the first point, I mean that you are not correct. Not that I think you're wrong; just that you're wrong.

>advent of the touchscreen

You know what your talking about.
Not. the 1980s had a touch screen. When are you going to actually LEARN the history of computers. When?

Attached: HP_150_Touchscreen_Personal_computer.jpg (200x260, 11K)

Nice

stfu tripfag i don't agree with OP either but i don't agree with tripfags ever...idk what to do now...

>by universally digitizing the user's means of usage
No, he was just shoveling his vision down other peoples throat, while he was not shoving it up their bum. It was someone elses work that brought the AHIG to the pinnacle of technology, only to be abandoned by Steven P Jobs. The ultimate interface will be MRI, and AR. reading hand gestures in space. That Jobs crapple, and swiping? Think 'Minority Report'

You are a special narrow vision retard

Attached: Miniority_report_gestures_interface.jpg (320x225, 37K)

>Have any of you actually used the swipe feature that's included within Google Keyboard?
Yes. It's the best input method for tiny devices, but it's total shit compared to a full size keyboard.

>The human hand equipped with a fine-point stylus is much more precise than any mouse cursor can ever hope to be.
Wrong. A half decent mouse can easily point at a single pixel. The tips of even the smallest capacitive styli cover plenty of pixels.

More ergonomic and faster input.
Touchscreen and shit for now is just an emulation of the existing input.
Unless someone invent new input method that is more effective, nothing is going to change.

every time i remember this i fucking lose it.

I think it means you need to become a tripcode user. I can help you out with some starter trips if you'd like.

if this was true, apple would have touch screen keyboards on their macbooks
the reason that can't happen is because its fucking tough to touchtype on a touch screen

Please stop being so wrong

Tactile sensation and hotkeys you fucking dip. No amount of training, practice, creative software workarounds or simulated feedback replaces this.

Call it monkey or lizard brained bullshit but almost everyone on the planet abhors there being no mechanical feedback or activation point- It feels loose and unintuitive to make gestures or wave your hands around loosely or to press a flat featureless surface to simulate pressing a button or key. Besides mobile games being dogshit anyway why do you think the number one bitch about mobile gaming is the controls? Why do you think no one does serious 3D rendering or media work on a fucking touchpad? You need a big nice list of easy to reach buttons that can be pressed in conjunction easily to give you near instant access to functions and features VS Touch and geture menus that overlap on screen or trying to press a pin point with your fucking fat finger or a stupid plastic stick.

I know it's a shitpost but goddamn.

Attached: ronnie_james_dio_sp.jpg (600x743, 70K)

>touch the Vim icon
>I love the new flat UI icon for Vim
>onscreen keyboard appears
>no longer do i finger peck - I finger paint!
>finger paint is a subscription based web app that lets me swipe across the glass screen with my two index fingers while in vim
>constant typos
>thankfully autocorrect has advanced to the point where it can guess the code I want to type and automatically writes the code for me
>it is tiring to constantly swipe to the shift key, but such is life as a code witch in the gig economy

Attached: coding god.jpg (643x482, 63K)

Nice bait

>a touch screen can replace billions of years of evolution into our monkey hands and brain

>Have any of you actually used the swipe feature that's included within Google Keyboard? It's much more convenient and quicker than typing with a shitty physical keyboard.
Though I disagree to begin with, it's only true if you're writing a natural language and the words you're typing are in your implementation's dictionary.

Also, if you really think so, then why did you write your post on a keyboard instead of swiping?

dont fix what isnt broken

Neuralace in few years.

>1980s
They've existed much longer than that. Of course, they sucked just as much, so it only reinforces your point.

Attached: 2250-expo-1.jpg (1024x678, 266K)

>these are the people you are posting on Jow Forums with
Yikes

>touching a screen with greasy fingies

no thank you

>Screen gets dirty
>Have to constantly swipe your finger/hand across a massive monitor instead of moving mouse 1cm
>less accurate because huge fingers
>no physical keyboard feedback
Yeah nah. Listen here and listen well cunt, go back to your shitty toy tablets and smartphones. There's a lot we will let slide, but not when fagmuffins like yourself try to ruin our input peripherals.

Because keyboards and mice are still the most efficient forms of input in most cases.

Because I don't want smudges all over my screen?

Na, you're free to improve on things but it actually has to be an improvement.
Change for the sake of change isn't worthwhile.
For some people, sure, something like swiftkey on their computer or tablet would be faster input than typing on a keyboard, but for a lot of people typing on a keyboard is still faster than using swipe input on a touch keyboard. Mouse is ironically still faster, and usually more accurate, than touch.
So the fact is that right now touch loses in efficiency for a lot of general use than keyboard and mouse input.
What it doesn't lose in is things like navigation menus, which is why you see touch screens at kiosks and the such.

Touchscreen is horrendous and fucking cancerous

You're an idiot
>durrhurrr why can't I use my smartphone everywhere instead of a device wit feedback that has multitude input that can be programmed
Fucking zoomers need to shut the fuck up

I wonder if it *is* possible to "type" as quickly as you can on a physical keyboard with just gestures.
Has anyone designed software for windows/linucks that emulates that feature for the touch screen or graphics tablets?

apple magic trackpad doesnt have this problem

You made me come up with an eggcelent idea.
A physical keyboard without keys, just a smooth surface and a glide keyboard.
As a test-run just project the keys onto a graphics tablet.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Siri still can't suck my dick

And yet Tim Cook decided to release physical keyboard for iPad. Steve Jobs is crying in his grave.

Attached: 1534846442924.png (143x324, 36K)

I don't know about you, but i think the Surface Hub 2 accomplishes this far more effectively than the iPad does.

youtube.com/watch?v=fozu9dU86Bw

Attached: dims.jpg (1024x576, 144K)

1. Looking down for long periods of time is bad for you neck.
2. Mouse is inherently more precise because to move the cursor over some distance requires you to move the mouse over bigger distance.
3. You are a faggot.

It gets better, some people doing code snooping in iOS betas have found possible indications that mouse support could be coming to iPads

If Steve Jobs tell you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

You know, the real sad thing is MS is doing some genuinely cool stuff. But the fact they are trying to have their cake and eat it by jewing everyone with subscriptions, putting ads in their system, invasive tracking and all that other BS just hurts it so much.

The fucking dial is garbage. The UI around it constantly flickers around a few pixels because it can't fully determine the position of it.

>lacking tactile feedback
When it has haptics that make it feel like I'm actually pushing something, we can talk. Until then, all the vibrates and click noises in the world won't actually trick me, and there will never be as literally ergonomically useful of a touchscreen until such is the case.