Gentoo cucked by Freenode

Per: file.wikileaks.org/file/irc-freenode-gentoo-trustees-conflict.txt

tl;dr
>Gentoo devs banned from Freenode
>Christel Dahlskjaer (freenode lawyer?) writes an email to Gentoo devs
>Hey guys we love working with you buuuuuuut...
>If you want to be unbanned from Freenode you have to doxx yourselves
>Also you guys are spoiled children
>And there is no conspiracy about Freenode trying to spy on you stop spreading these lies
>So give up your identities already if you want to be unbanned

What the FUCK

Attached: index.jpg (180x180, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/wiki/Freenode-Gentoo_trustees_conflict_email_2008
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Chroot
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Kernel
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Bootloader#Configure
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its a meme distro. nobody uses that shit

I really don't care, where the fuck does Freenode get off on what they're doing here?

Fuck you and fuck freenode.

Literally who cares? Nobody is forcing them to do it, and they can move to another network if they want.

Based Gentoo devs fucked over by SJW Freenode

>Considering the development time lost as a result of several key developers ending up having to spend much of their time on the various conspiracy theories circulating regarding freenode spying on Gentoo channels and private messages, and existing only to make development difficult for the Gentoo project, we can understand that Gentoo may feel that the best solution is to move off of freenode.

>While it is not in our place to advice you to stay, or go, I would like to point out that should you choose to create your own network rather than simply move to a existing one, you, as trustees may wish to start looking into the legal aspects concerning cross-country data-protection, privacy and other laws pertaining the storage and handling of any information passing through your IRC servers. As freenode came to realise, in this day and age, with laws and legislations differing across borders complying with the legal aspects and protecting user data is a costly process, but by no means, an impossible one. In particular, you may wish to familiarise yourself with COPPA and make provisions for how to deal with under-13s.

Sounds like a thinly veiled threat if Gentoo devs do try and move to a new network.

>very recently one of your developers fell victim of an erroneous network ban.
>the Gentoo Group Contacts requested that freenode staff release information to them regarding any bans concerning people affiliated with your project. freenode staff are not legally in a position to pass on information regarding users to a third party.
>We are happy to inform you that there is one way to approach this, while still protecting the privacy of individual users, projects and freenode as a service.
>Gentoo may provide us with signed retroactive consent forms along with certified proof of ID, for each and every person with a Gentoo cloak and as soon as this is up to date we will be in a position to share information regarding these users with the Gentoo group contacts.

>MUM OF OPEN SOURCE

holy fuck. The linux community is a bunch of basement beta males. that is how shit like this and CoC is possible. you deserve it

Seriously what the fuck is this shit

Freenode confirmed honeypost?

SJWnode must die

Is this where all the free beers go to? supporting SJW policy garbage like this?

hope this shit sets GNU/linux back 10 years until you fags learn to work together

>We wrongly banned your admins, but for a low low price of only $10 per form and all your personal information we will help you out
>You can leave if you want but let us warn you, there a lot of really complex laws regarding data privacy so you better stay with us
|
|>
|

You're a meme distro

Attached: 2018-09-30-011958_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.36M)

Does wikileaks have a working rss feed?
How do you keep uptodate?

expecting a set of balls on nerds was a mistake. theyre nerds for a reason, theyre weak

Attached: 68Hg7.jpg (683x1024, 199K)

Jow Forums tell me about freenode

I'm pretty sure this thread and the links within are all you really need to know about Freenode

>durr hurr *click click click* look guis i """Installed Gentoo"""

Attached: 1525184496702.png (300x250, 18K)

those are some fresh kicks

>babys first memepad distro

couldn't even convene the effort to compile your own kernel.

I don't have much to contribute here, but it hurts to see this coming from such an important server. I hope they don't pay much mind to these fools. Better to move on and restore the channel to its normal order on another network.

Which kernel?

Sounds to me like freenode's going to spam shit on any network gentoo switches to, just to make life as difficult as possible

What kind of money is in this business, or why else would they care? I don't get it. I always thought IRCs were run by people who truly care about fostering communities of people who have never met face-to-face and don't care what others may be like in their daily lives.

>not using EFNET in the first place
lmao

well damn, linux is getting really fucked up now.

Attached: JUSTFUCKMYKERNELUP.jpg (810x708, 135K)

I think there's effort through sjw cliques to infiltrate open source projects

demanding gentoo devs doxx themselves is extremely suspect and suggests they want to individually blackmail people

It nearly sounds insane, but I've seen enough in the past year to know that it's plausible. I just can't understand why they do shit like that in the first place. How much pent up anger could you possibly have? So much that you believe anonymous people are excluding you from their group BECAUSE you're a fag? And then make sport of hunting down these people to defame them?

I'm off to bed. This makes my head ache.

especially when gentoo kernel maintainer is a tranny.
but what can one expect from the craziest mentally ill fags of all, aka SJW

wikileaks.org/wiki/Freenode-Gentoo_trustees_conflict_email_2008

>2008

what happened in the end? clearly they're still on Freenode.

Mods, ban this poster for child p*rn

"Cucknode"

lol

also who is still using irc unironically in TYOOL 2018?

This is why you use Discord.

This. Glad some anons care, but a lot of stupid shit happened over Gentoo's history, internal and external.

Better watch more current Gentoo issues than the old stories.

why don't they use discord?

Attached: dajhdakjshgdksahd.jpg (2476x3134, 3.63M)

Attached: interdasting1.jpg (604x499, 41K)

Linux is just a kernel.

That was confirmed long ago

Fuck you

What the fuck happened lmao

Attached: 1535610906327.jpg (1366x2048, 491K)

Why the fuck would freenode even care, it is fucking gentoo for fucks sake

Wake me up when Jow Forums stops digging up 10 year old dramas for lulz.

Discord iz tha onli wae

Attached: tumblr_nr78jdIMg61titub2o1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 149K)

I use it every day because its the only distro that doesn't forcefuck me into only using what the distro wants me to.

Freenode is for fucking retards either way.

Conceptually theres nothing wrong with Clover. Having a streamlined way to get gentoo running and a good binhost for common things really helps and expedites the longest and least important parts of gentoo. I dont really want to sit around and compile libreoffice for an hour, its not a performance sensitive application, so being able to just emerge -avG libreoffice is super nice without being locked into ubuntus bizzare modifications, debians ancient packages, archs instability, or slackwares total lack of package management.

have fun getting cucked, dumb ass

Attached: 1538268601112.jpg (124x124, 2K)

That started out sounding a bit disgruntled and ended up a rambling mess. Where those pedo spammers from a few weeks ago associated with gentoo?

can't they move their shit to russia where nobody cares?

get openSUSE fag, why would you trust Jow Forums with binaries

I'll trust Jow Forums's distro before I trust a distro that uses systemd

>Jow Forums
>implying its not just you that uses it
>implying the website and ""distro"" isn't the definition of a literal Jow Forums project

fuck off brokenSUSE user from the other gentoo thread. why would anyone use that bloated and broken piece of shit? I'm not surprised if you're lunduke

what other gentoo thread? I don't watch ecelebs
and its not really bloated either, as you can choose exactly what you want during install time

i never said it was anything more

all it is is gentoo with an installer and clover os wallpaper, only issues is you can't install a live iso on a Raven Ridge CPU without it breaking mid-boot even if you edit the boot command and include iommu=pt, I know because I tried

>gentoo with an installer
there was already calculate and its made by based russians that you can trust more over wanking neckbeards

>trusting random russians over my fellow anons
yeah no, randos regardless of country aren't to be trusted

shilling brought to you by samefags

It has a bunch of its own configuration and things too. See here:

gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros

As much of a distro as any distro, really, even if it's a Gentoo derivative.

>unimportant
You know nothing about nothing and I have nothing more to say to you.

tht's great amd all, still can't get it to boot on a 2400G box with a RX580 with the iGPU disabled
iommu=pt or not

>Linux users are pedophiles

What is the new? Just see most of the desktops posted here from Gentoo or Arch users with lolis.

No clue what you're trying to do with the iommu setting, if you're running this in KVM it should detect AMD-Vi anyhow and set it or something like that. You probably just need a new enough kernel.

Also, odd that you'd get a 2400G and then waste the iGPU's potential power efficiency by sticking a RX580 on. 2600 would have been better, no?

had the 580 before i got the 2400G, got the 2400 in case the 580 ever failed like one of my 7870XT's did in my old XFire setup
not running KVM, doing a LiveUSB boot, every other distro that I've trued to test has required that edit because if it's not used either they freak out because they get no AMD-Vi returns or they freak out because of the XHCI controller on my Asus B350 TUF mATX board

No.

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-203712.jpg (1080x1920, 333K)

Gentoo runs just fine on the 2400G [but I'm not using an extra GPU], just get a newer kernel if necessary.

> freak out because of the XHCI controller
Huh, XHCI controllers have been supported since like 10 years ago. Is something wrong with the driver for yours, and why would THAT not be fixed in a newer/different kernel? It seems very weird.

i'm not sure because I'm running the latest UEFI version, and this problem first surfaced specifically on the most up to date version of live Manjaro, couldn't get it to boot at all because it coukdn't recognize the XHCI controller, I then followed instructions given to me by an user in the /fglt/, but it didn't matter
the only distros I've been able to get to boot so far are Tumbleweed, Slacklive Current KDE, and Void live Cinnamon, but Cinnamon kept crashing
the interesting thing about Void live is that the kernel is old as shit but the iommu=pt command allowed it to bring up a GUI prior to Cinnamon crashing
when i tried to boot Gentoo I was using Clover OS, the issue I had was that it was going through boot then stopped and prompted me for commands, is this how it usually is? if so, what commands must I use in order for it to complete boot?

>when i tried to boot Gentoo I was using Clover OS, the issue I had was that it was going through boot then stopped and prompted me for commands, is this how it usually is?
No. It failed to boot then.

> if so, what commands must I use in order for it to complete boot?
Usually you need to fix the kernel, 'cause a driver is missing or has failed or such.

Another thing might be is that the BIOS or hardware gave the OS some wrong information and you need to fix that [or work around it, or in extreme cases replace the mainboard because BIOS' aren't exactly fully editable].

The last thing might be that some of the init or programs required were shipped or configured incorrectly by CloverOS, but I haven't seen that one myself yet.

considering Clover was compiled prior to the release of Ryzen, specifically Raven Ridge, and it thry haven't been updated, I'm assuming it's not configured correctly considering the majority of users of Clover use Intel
I can't fix the kernrl because
a) i don't know how
b) i'm on Win10, but I want to leave and go to Linux w/o systemd
issue is I don't really have time to compile my own Gentoo installation, but I like the prospect of using it because of it's stability, speed, and security
is there a fork of it that has a live version that's up to date and has an installer?

>a) i don't know how
Gentoo has docs for people who don't already know how. Not saying this is an ideal situation for a complete beginner, even though it's not really anything difficult or very time-consuming if you know your Linux.

Maybe use something else with a 4.18+ kernel.

>b) i'm on Win10, but I want to leave and go to Linux w/o systemd
Systemd is actually pretty nice, but sure. Still, doesn't stop you from compiling a kernel (from a live USB).

>Still, doesn't stop you from compiling a kernel (from a live USB).
can you link me to some documentation? i'd like to learn

Something like:
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Chroot

Don't do the "Unpacking system files and the Portage tree (new installations)" step, you already have that if you installed CloverOS.

Kernel config is here:
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Kernel

You'll also need to run just this to update the entries you get at boot (so it includes the new kernel you compiled and put into /boot):

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Bootloader#Configure

she's not a tranny tho

thanks user, i appreciate your help

Is this what happens when you don't embrace systemd?

>Bunch of gentoo devs abusing a free service and getting away with it for a long time because of contacts on the inside
>Free service bans an IP range for CP or whatever
>Gentoo devs freak out cause accidentally banned
>Instead of just using a proxy or getting a new IP, they want the free service to give up a confidental list of IPs
>Free service doesn't actually say fuck you, but offer to give them up after a small payment and signing of a legal agreement

I don't see what the issue is here

"Those Russians again . . . "

there is nothing wrong with loli ban him for using a memedistro

"those damn russophobes..."
except I said i trusted anons over randos regardless of country, anons include russian ones as well

rizon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> freenode

try booting the latest arch install iso and see if it works. then you will know if the problem is fixed in recent 4.18 kernel or not.

it was fixed in 4.17, issue is that iommu=pt is still necessary and Arch hates my XHCI controller