Cyborg limbs

I want to suggest an argument.
Wouldn't it speed up development of cyborg prosthetics and nerve-mechanical connection if we standardised the size of the limbs?
as in severing the "useless stump" up to the nearest joint and having the cyborg limb connect there.

shin stump - sever up to the the knee. still allows shin movements if attached to the body.
forearm stump - sever up the elbow
stump above the elbow - sever up to the shoulder.

partial foot or finger missing will have a different solution as the limb is still useable.

then mass production of cyborg limbs and education of cyborg technicians could begin.

opinions?

Attached: a6bPP7m_700b.jpg (700x700, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

data.epo.org/publication-server/pdf-document?pn=1353614&ki=B1&cc=EP&pd=20051123
youtube.com/watch?v=F_brnKz_2tI
nytimes.com/2005/03/22/health/psychology/at-war-with-their-bodies-they-seek-to-sever-limbs.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19132621
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gib milk

muh

cute whore

Nice earrings.

fuck me sideways. i'll just open this thread again tomorrow with a tame image.

serves you right

I am interested in this topic, sorry Jow Forums is a bunch of idiots that don't really like tech

I think it might be harder to connect it if it's right at the knee/elbow, the stub gives some working room if you mess up (im thinking about this like soldering wires though sorry)

f e r t i l e

Nope, not at all. Wouldn't make a goddamn difference. There aren't that many people missing limbs. It costs marginal amounts to customize limbs vs performance gained from customization. Also 3d printing's cheap. And if you're doing something experimental, which basically all prosthetics are, you would not want to standardize so that new things could be tested

Nerve interfaces are almost standardized because most use the same design from the 1980s. Development is stagnant.

no, you really want to keep the tendons if you can, so the joint stays mobile. these are connected abit of the way down the arm from the elbow for example. prosthetic limbs have to be entirely custom to be at all comfortable, so there's not much standardisation you can do anyway. what they do these days is hollow out the cut ends of the bone and insert porous titanium implants that stick out of the stump and have a generic type of connector. the problem is sealing the end of the stump and preventing infection since skin doesn't naturally adhere to titanium.

This is a consumer board, nobody in here really thinks about tech. It's just 'look at muh x', 'muh y is better than your z' and hate circlejerk

I was thinking about getting robot legs. It's a risky operation, but I think it'll be worth it.

Attached: 1518331153737.png (657x527, 148K)

It's sad that this is the truth

chad horny guys
virgin roastie

source please?

cool info, thanks.

Attached: 1273280971070.gif (300x300, 4K)

I dunno but I can't wait for my iRobot arm

>2018
>losing your limbs like a dumbass

Attached: 1403837987365.png (400x389, 48K)

>tfw fucked up tendons from too much shitposting

>i'll just open this thread again tomorrow with a tame image.
The /cyb/ generals would have been the best fit.

>I am interested in this topic, sorry Jow Forums is a bunch of idiots that don't really like tech
And then derail own thread with that pic??

>Wouldn't it speed up development of cyborg prosthetics and nerve-mechanical connection if we standardised the size of the limbs?
There are already ways of doing that. For artificial joints you need to match both stumps with a more or less standard joint. So you have two stump "interfaces" that are adapted to the bones. Here is a patent document relating to this:
data.epo.org/publication-server/pdf-document?pn=1353614&ki=B1&cc=EP&pd=20051123

How can breasts and vagina have so much power over man?

Because of a sex drive which relates to the drive for propagation. Without that MGTOW would have been the norm and humanity would have expired long ago.

You reap what you sow.

You forgot the part where dumb anime posters think this is an anime website.

Can confirm for the porous implant, got a total knee prosthesis but my own flesh and skin around it so it's much easier
Fun trivia: mine is covered with silver because apparently it somehow prevents infection

>mine is covered with silver because apparently it somehow prevents infection

It's called the oligodynamic effect.

Source?

Milk truk just arrive

Attached: 153796098405.jpg (715x684, 63K)

Milk tanker just arrive

Attached: 1514164764846.jpg (1080x1350, 330K)

cute whore(male)

i would cyborg her jugs if you know what i mean

thats a fat pussy

I wan to bury my face there and never again see the sunlight.

Modern cats

Attached: 4s3.jpg (1080x1920, 765K)

Hahahah. Yeah.

Technologically speaking, I appreciate these images.

sucky sucky

mommy milkies

Who is this milky goddess?

so sexi show bobs

>chest tattoo

Ruined

What if we standardize the size of robotitties to DD?

Sophie Mudd

Attached: sophie-mudd.jpg (740x925, 81K)

Sauce?

Foolish nigger, the human body is a closed system. You have skin specifically to keep dirt and dust and harmful bacteria out of the more delicate organs underneath. Robotic limbs are a fucking meme, and just like any other implant you'd be on a billion anti-rejection drugs that fuck your immune system to the point that someone sneezing in the same room could mean death. The future is not cyborgs.

The future is lab-grown human tissue and cloning. If you clone a whole bunch the smartest and most physically fit people you'll get a race of superhumans. You can continually grow limbs and other kinds of tissue in controlled environments. Whenever one of these clones needs one, the replacement parts will be available and completely compatible. But I'd imagine you'd run into genetic problems if you keep reusing the same genetic material over and over, so every couple of generations you'd need to refresh it. This is where normal humans come into play. You send out regular humans who still reproduce naturally into the depths of space to colonize distant planets. The harsh conditions of space and foreign planets will kill the weak and ensure that only strongest genes survive and forge new civilizations on these newly conquered worlds. Every couple hundred years you have their best and brightest donate genetic material and freeze it, load it on a rocket, and send it back to Earth or the nearest cloning facility.

How many levels of future are you even on right now? You are like a baby.

Attached: 1538234569532.png (1054x526, 209K)

only thing i care about is having a multiple vibration setting for my hand.

pharmacist here
you wouldn't be on anti-rejection meds for implanted hardware. you'd be on anticoagulants for a brief period of time. we replace knees and hips all the time.

Alternatively titanium.
t. has titanium in him

Attached: imouto.gif (600x338, 1.62M)

this already exists. They put a sensor in the motor cortex which picks up your movements and you can move the limbs just as you normally would. They typically do cut it off at a better location, which is also standard and has been for a long time.

We're just waiting for the technology, on the software end, to advance it seems. It takes machine learning to enable to sensor to process your brain's signals, and then you also learn how to communicate to it better. A bit of a meeting in the middle thing. But, once the software gets right, it'll just acclimate to you quickly enough and they'll be no issues.

yeah he's just a tardo. We put shit in people all the time. That's why the neural implants are so promising.

youtube.com/watch?v=F_brnKz_2tI

apparently due to a new surgery this patient can now feel through a robotic limb. Cool stuff right? And that's back in 2016 who knows where it has gone now.

Perfection in every way in 1 picture. Nice. FYI I need new knees soon.

You're one of these weirdos aren't you?
nytimes.com/2005/03/22/health/psychology/at-war-with-their-bodies-they-seek-to-sever-limbs.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19132621

Also , the fuck were you thinking was going to happen.

>posts sfw-ish tits on blue board
>gets "sauce", gibs milk" and "milk truck arrive" - muh dick-tier comments
>is somehow surprised....?

Attached: 34771933_1911024955608337_9152550998261104640_n.jpg (1080x1350, 83K)