Can somebody explain the whole Linux situation right now? Everyone says it's cucked and I don't understand why...

Can somebody explain the whole Linux situation right now? Everyone says it's cucked and I don't understand why. I think I've missed something.

Attached: 20180630-170517-SpiderDijon-id2626625.jpg (1024x1024, 157K)

Linus Torvalds stopped being the lead dev of Linux. Linux gets a CoC like Firefox did. Right wing Linux users chimp out.

That's all? Firefox looks pretty ok to me.

>Right wing Linux users chimp out.
Except this is not true.

Firefox has been been dying a slow death for the last years.

memes

Attached: CoC.jpg (467x750, 91K)

They put up a CoC which is basically just "don't spam racial slurs on the mailing lists". 4chins believe this will be the death of kernel development.

the first few devs they kicked out of the linux kernel using the new SJW CoC were developers that stopped intel from adding an NSA backdoor

nigger

sjws took over and corrupted it

I'll miss your valuable contributions to the kernel user. I'm sure you contributed more than all the people who were able to contribute, but didn't want to put up with your screeching.

fake news

>don't spam racial slurs on the mailing lists
Has that ever been a problem in the mailing lists?

The development will stall.
Code will be accepted not by it's quality but because the political views of the autor.
People already stop supporting it, worst case scenario it will actually go worse and still be in use, best case, it will just die and be replaced by something similar.

Attached: 1525394447692.jpg (600x600, 333K)

This. The CIA niggers won.

The top of the linux hierarchy maintainers decided to implement a virtue signalling document instead of the previous one which actually wasn't shit.
Although it's unlikely that the new CoC will actually change anything, it's worrying to see such important members of the linux community decide that virtue signalling and pandering to PC retards is a good idea for a major technological project such as the linux kernel. This means everyone is worried what will happen next considering just how dumb this move was in the grand scheme of things.
Then lots of retards all over the internet try to downplay the situation by claiming that the only people against this change are alt-right neo-nazis who spend their spare time calling everyone around them a glow in the dark nigger faggot.
Put concisely, politically correct nannies push for a virtue signalling document in the linux kernel. Influential kernel developers decide to accept the change. Linus says some brain damaged and weak shit. Lots of politically correct nannies use this as an excuse to call anyone who doesn't like what happened a nazi.

Not really, which is why the backlash is so funny. Its more a formal thing to be able to point to, anyone being a dick got told to cut it out before this.
Honestly, the worst behaved person on the list is probably Linus lol.

this is the lie. people are going into someone's UNRELATED history, digging out something "offensive" and getting them banned.

No, Linus was fine. Most of kernel development is cozy, the people who made linux kernel development annoying were the cunts who decided to be passive aggressive instead of just saying what they thought. They would make your life difficult by basically indirectly insulting you instead of just speaking up.
That being said, I only met one or two of those kinds of cunts in my time contributing.
Not sure if those kinds of cunts feel like this new CoC is a good excuse for them to act like that again.
The big problem with a CoC is that it encourages backstabbing and "office politics" style discourse while preventing anyone from just saying what is on their mind.
I've certainly made use of the ability to speak my mind when dealing with those passive aggressive cunts. I didn't shout at them or call them dumb, but I did decidedly BTFO them with plain facts when they tried to spread FUD because they felt their contribution was at stake.
I don't know how I would feel now if I had to resort to doing similar things.

Nobody is getting anyone banned.
One problem with the CoC is that it's 99% virtue signalling and 1% action. It's an optional document, nobody has to listen to it, if you want to "ban" someone from contributing you're basically going to have to persuade a bunch of maintainers to stop accepting your contributions.
This worry will become warranted only when GKH starts filtering pull requests through an author blacklist.

You are fucking delusional. What's the purpouse of this CoC if it's not to stop any problem?

it's already happened with other projects after adopting a CoC; and day one that linux adopts the CoC, they are calling for tso to be banned.

>ban people who work better with computers than they do people
>in a programming project
what could pawsibly go wrong?

Yes, I am aware, although the actual incidence rate isn't actually that high, this might be due to the process for people getting banned being incredibly non-transparent though.
The problem is, this is linux not "other projectâ„¢". Almost no project is ran like linux, you can't "ban" someone from the project. It's not how it works. They can maybe get Ted Ts'o fired from his job, but he would be able to get another job at the drop of a hat. They can't persuade everyone to just stop taking his contributions though.
Linux isn't ran on github where you can literally ban someone from creating pull requests.
The calls to kick Ts'o off the board of people who make judgements on the CoC was done by an idiot who nobody listens to anymore, who seems to have forgotten how linux works. It's a good example of why the CoC shouldn't have been accepted (it's a virtue signalling document which is giving these mongs an inch and allowing them to ask for the next mile). But this CoC in a project like Linux is entirely powerless.

Insecure males are being insecure about being politely asked to refrain from being insecure males. Its no big deal and it will not change anything software-wise. Get back to the real issues, like literally every intel cpu ever being backdoor'd. The community is sure going to work at that rather than deal with reee'ing alarmists on g.

you're a bit behind in the news. there are others calling for tso to be removed entirely and all future work rejected.

there's nothing wrong with a CoC, but the SJW version is cancerous.

Yes, the entire universe of retards can call for Tso to be removed.
That doesn't mean he will get removed.
Anyone with half a brain cell can see that he wasn't spewing rape apologia on any mailing list so the initial claim by Sara Sharp is bullshit.
The CoC is virtue signalling, but at the moment in the linux kernel it is unenforceable.

Linus was mean to people. Their CoC was expanded, by a group who don't believe in meritocracy, Linus decideds to take a break, and releases a statement saying he's going to stop swearing at people, that he doesn't care about gender politics, and that bad code is still bad code.

>use this as an excuse to call anyone who doesn't like what happened a nazi.
That's what's going to happen. Forget shit code, code won't even be the focus, just diversity and sit. This CoC shit just opens the door. It makes "inclusion" and "feeling safe" a higher priority than writing good code.

> by a group who don't believe in meritocracy,
This is important to emphasise; not only do they not believe in it, they think anyone talking about it is racist and sexist, and thus evil. You can't reason with them.