Debian is shit

In an effort to be less autistic, I tried to move from Void to Debian. Did a netinstall, install xorg shit, compile dwm. No problem. "startx" doesn't work. Google shit for thirty minutes, xinit requires sudo for some stupid fucking , nothing works, fuck this.

This is why people become autists.

Attached: 1537303080014.jpg (1680x1050, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1070942-start-0.html
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Non_root_Xorg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LFS.

Werks for me =^)

Debian is THE autism distro. Why do you think their forums and wiki aren't as popular as Ubuntu's, Arch's or Gentoo's? Because if you ask why the install disk doesn't have your wifi, they call you a retard for picking the wrong disk, and then tells you that you weren't supposed to use your wifi.

I don't like Fedora.

I installed Debian and it works.

>xinit requires sudo for some stupid fucking
no it doesn't. imagine being too retarded to use debian.

Never go full freetard. Learn the difference between proprietary and spyware and enjoy computing, instead of flagellating yourself for no good reason.

New to linux, debian is my second distro and I've only been using linux for a week. Git gud.

>debian is shit nothing works
>my only example of this is I had to use sudo for something

Based.

wifi works on my arch installation disk but doesn't work on a debian installation disk so I need to copy the driver on a usb and plug that in during installation for wifi to actually work. I really tried hard but at the end of the day I switched back to arch because I never had problems with it no matter what people say about pacman, updates or xorg breaking

You are too dumb to use debian

the less popular distros ARE for autists user :^)
just use Arch like a normalfag

>forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1070942-start-0.html
>wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Non_root_Xorg
Your rarted

why would you run xorg on user? starting an xserver on root with startx doesn't require su

>In an effort to be less autistic, I tried to move from Void to Debian

Gentoo.

>OP is a faggot
Same never had an issue on debian using the exact same wm too

>oy vey goyim, give full control of your macheen to the code you run
>don't worry, nothing bad will happen, i promise!
Bugs, malware etc. I would never want to run a GOOEY APP as root, let alone something like a web browser.

Attached: i wonder.jpg (600x600, 55K)

>implying xorg under root means you run your DE and applications under root as well
what's next, gonna run your innit system under user too? fucking retard

Attached: 1535993004340.jpg (625x625, 38K)

this is a blue board user

Brainlet Wojak is not an argument and neither is you misinterpreting my post.
I never said that having the X server run as root means all the programs within it run with the same permissions, I'm not a retard. Surely you must agree that the less you run as root, the better? If the program doesn't require root access to run, why do it? Why take the risk?

What are you talking about?
I installed minimal install Debian on my X220. Xorg worked fine

debian is fucking garbage and the documentation is nonexistant

come home to openbsd

I couldn't figure out Debian either (.__. )

>Arch like a normalfag
0/10

>bsd
the most terrible suggestion of the month award

Attached: giphy.gif (480x366, 2.7M)

Hahahaha are you my doppelgänger ?

Attached: Capture du 2018-09-29 21-32-24.png (820x548, 76K)

shit i remember getting the same problem as you OP, but it's been a while so i have already forgot how to fix it. but Arch unironically just werks for me.

You literally just had to do the graphical install and boot into GNOME. Install whatever other DE you want after it, and it works perfectly.

>misinterpreting
are you trying to make me angry?
>I never said that having the X server run as root means all the programs within it run with the same permissions, I'm not a retard.
the jump from xorg to web browser strongly implies it. don't blame your inability to stay on topic on me.
>Surely you must agree that the less you run as root, the better? If the program doesn't require root access to run, why do it? Why take the risk?
sure

Every GNU/Linux is shit now.
Use *BSD.

Attached: 0008.png (200x180, 7K)

Debian is much more autistic than Void tho.

Attached: 1538301235448.jpg (960x511, 62K)

>this assblasted from a simple misunderstanding
user, I...
>the jump from xorg to web browser strongly implies it
Dragging a point ad absurdum to drive it home.

>lain@navi
I have the same setup with the same series of CPUs (except its an i3) and the same RAM
are we twins?

Maybe :^)

I just installed debian buster literally a week ago. Everything just werked, even my amd drivers just werked after installing non free firmware. startx works fine as user, wtf are you talking about? You are just retarded and fucked shit up when you were compiling and installing your wm.

Imagine being so retarded you can't use Debian. If you want to be "less autistic", switch to Ubuntu or Windows

here you go

Attached: (You).png (645x729, 107K)

Yeah, I guess that's why it's more than 50% of all Linux today.
Is this the month of cretins?
Wait a sec, it's every month on Jow Forums.

piss off
terrible advice
unless you want a server

Attached: 1523352901736.jpg (442x293, 57K)

Install fedora. I like SElinux, keeps things more secure.

I had the worst time using debian as my first distro

Fuck's sake.
Stop setting the root password during install and it will install sudo and make a proper user automatically, and install nonfree drivers.
Same shit every time.

F U C K Y O U

most people just forget to install firmware, it's an IQ thing and then blame the whole distro because of that.

Look at OP, thought he could rise his distro "from the ground", but had problems with simple permissions. Brainlet at best. Probably set root password by himself! lmao

Just use linux mint, fedora, or ubuntu, and never leave guys.
Manjaro, if you still feel hacker by using config files

Attached: 1536351296208.jpg (850x478, 51K)

Oh so you weren't being serious.

can i get a qrd on this password thing, noob here

you're fucking retarded OP, even if you're baiting

Just leave it blank, then set it later if you really need to use root account.

Attached: 1535823983658.png (749x659, 436K)

>Did a netinstall, install xorg shit, compile dwm
>"less autistic"
You were "long long storing the value is negative" levels of autism if this is LESS for you.

>Why would you want to do that :^)
Every time kek

Had problem with Debian: wifi interface was gone after sleep mode, no linux command or package could see it, it's like it didn't exist, had reboot every time. Now, I'm using Arch and there is no such problem, as well as in any other distros I've used so far. Obviously, I don't care now, but what could be the problem in the first place?