Touchscreens on PC's are the fucking future, I tell you!

Touchscreens on PC's are the fucking future, I tell you!

Apple is making a big mistake for not putting touchscreens in their Mac computers, you heard it first!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

INHALES

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: Captura de ecrã 2018-09-30, às 16.38.28.png (1658x1602, 1.83M)

touchscreen is shit

this, touchscreens died years ago outside of specific applications where it made sense

>suspends development for Windows
>focus is on the iOS, Android, Web, and Win32 versions
?

Microsoft surviving... why?

too little, too late. this is the decision they should have made 5 years ago, and now linux is eating their lunch. so long, fuckers

big touchscreens are shit. why should I reach across the screen with my whole arm when all it takes is a flick of my wrist to do the same? next thing in office is telling an AI assistant what you want to achieve and having the AI do it for you.

> linux
Lol...

You can pry my Note from my cold dead hands

>he cant see the obvious signs
microsoft is grasping at straws now, their time is limited. they know that network effects are only thing propping up their OS division, and that linux is superior in every way

The only reason Windows laptops got touchscreens was to cover for their dogshit trackpads.

I have a cheapo "2in1" tablet/laptop just to have something as portable as possible, and I can tell you having a touchscreen in windows is surprisingly handy and you can get used to having it really fast. Especially when you keep it on, well, top of the lap, with no room for a proper mouse.

>pajeet ditching uwp in favor of win32 on their biggest revenue product
I FUCKING TOLD YOU!
STICK THAT SHIT UP YOUR ASS AND KYS, Satya Nadella!

Nobody uses a touchscreen unless they absolutely have to.

Add a keyboard and trackpad to a tablet or smartphone and people will use those instead.

I unironically like using laptops with touch screens. Keyboard + Touchscreen very close by is great, obviously a mouse is better and trackpads are always dogshit.

Or you could use a trackpoint, so you don't have to move your hands from the keyboard and don't get smudges all over your screen.

That looks like a comfy office

xbox

nobody uses pocket sized keyboards unless they absolutely have to.

take away the on-screen keyboard from a smartphone and people will use the keyboard instead.

the 2in1 I have is unironically much cheaper than any proper notebook, let alone one with a clit mouse

>trackpads are always dogshit

False

Attached: BD45AB9C-4AE6-4102-A815-369B70D5A0EB.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

No one touted these of reasons to have touch. Sometimes it just comes in handy. I don't use touch apps but I find myself scrolling on the screen sometimes.

A better trackpad is still shit. It still ranks below keyboard shortcuts, mice, trackballs, pen tablets, touchscreens and clits. The only thing it's arguably better than is IR pointers.

Name one aspect a normie would care about

>touchscreen is shit
On laptops, yes. Desktop drawing tablets and phones/tablets benefit from it.

clits are godawful

Microsoft don't worry about Linux anymore since they had successfully planted CoC. However they are really afraid of Google with their FuchisiaOS,

Tbh now that iOS apps run on Mac maybe they should add a touchscreen? The UI of the apps is kind of weird

Google is about to get it's shit pushed in by antitrust lawsuits.

The article is completely missleading. MSFT only kills of their UWP Office apps because Windows Phone died yet again. It's not about touch screen pcs

Windows Phone wouldn't keep dying if Microsoft could focus on one thing for longer than 6 months.

That and no one wanted to learn a dead end language like c#.

>next thing in office is telling an AI assistant what you want to achieve and having the AI do it for you.
We're very far from here considering current consumer ai can't even do very basic web browsing.

It’s all about office 356 now

Say goodbye to install versions

Bixby can control your phone with voice instructions already

it's weird to think that offices like that used to exist. big area, cubicles for each worker, etc. it's like, what did all those people even do?

who?

They worked and had some semblance of privacy. Open floorplans exist to make sure no one is allowed to do anything that isn't Microsoft ™ approved.

>introduce windows 8.1
>remove classic shell
>make it look like tablet
>nothing is in it's conventional place
>touchscreen^9001
>users install 3rd party software for the original shell
>customers complain about missing start menu and lack of accessibility to the whole OS
GOOD JOB MICROSOFT
you've proven people don't want their PC to be a phone or tablet

Bixby is one of the best but it can't browse the web. Nor use other apps.

These "ai" are not actually intelligent they are just hard-coded to do specific things.

Trackpads are always dogshit.

I would sooner always opt for a wireless trackball than a shitpad