Are good PCs a meme?

I only spend like $500 on a PC and it lasts me for years.

And I still achieve more than 90% of Jow Forums

Attached: 2983390-20171006_164100.jpg (4160x2340, 1.95M)

The expensive stuff is targeted for RGB-obsessed autists who fell for the "gaming" meme.

I just pick used parts now
$160cdn for a 1060
Pulled a free 17-4790
8gb ram pulled for free

With the extra cash from that I bought a corsair case, and AIO cooler

$500 PC are often okay. Doesn't mean you can't do nice shit with $1k PC, games or just expeditiously render 3D or run something like CI while you develop that compiles the software on 3 different OSs and 2 Linux distros and gives you results when it doesn't pass tests or whatever else.

Literally nobody needs to do this

Nobody needs to ... render 3D fast? Test software?

You can get away without the latter but it's not a good idea for how productive you are, you want to catch test case failures early and asynchronously (so developers continue working on code rather than stare at compiler and test windows).

It also is something you alone want to set up to an extent for yourself. Doesn't take much, helps a lot.

>I only spend like $500 on a PC and it lasts me for years.

Same here when I had an i3 build back in 2011. Now that I'm not a poorfag and did a bunch of overtime I'm gonna blow 2k on a good setup with multiple monitors.

>And I still achieve more than 90% of Jow Forums

And what are you "achieving" exactly?

Most of Jow Forums needs expensive video cards to play new AAA games on high settings with high framerates. If you just use your PC to browse the web, then yeah, you don't need to spend very much.

thats /v/ you're talking about faggot.
and I can tell by your reddit spacing you need to go back

>reddit spacing
kys. People do that on every forum.

>reddit spacing

This

meme

needs

to

die

>says the faggot using youtube arrows

> Get sandyvag i5/i7
> Upgrade PSU
> Put a 1060 in

Fine for 1080p60hz vidya and otherwise more than fast enough for shitposting. Nice computers are a meme.

Considering you have to run windows 10 to do most 'good PC' tasks on it and a it's a brick otherwise. Yes.

Not everyone has a CS:GO degree - and that's okay.

is that a fucking Max Payne icon?

based and redpilled

I have been using two newlines to separate paragraphs long before reddit came around, and I expect to continue doing so long after it fades into irrelevance.

It's called formatting your posts not to look like a blob of text. Only faggots call it "reddit spacing."

Many of us are hardware enthusiasts, user. If that doesn't describe you then it's perfectly okay to just buy some cheaper/mid-range hardware and enjoy it if it meets your needs. You don't need to explain or justify yourself.

>And I still achieve more than 90% of Jow Forums
But you don't need to be judgemental and condescending either.

>he thinks you need a good pc to run tests
>he thinks you run the tests every time you compile
hownew.ru

Yeah decent PCs are a bit of a meme. Like a decent user can get away with using older hardware for longer. FFS, I'm using a old ass MacBook in a dock running Arch. With all my prog shit open, firefox with 50+ tabs and spotify going I'm sitting at 2.3GB mem of fucking 8. Runs OSX like ass though.

What's more important is the interface to the box. Chairs, keyboards, mice, screens etc. I can always shell out to a server somewhere but If I'm sitting on a milkcrate it's not going to be pleasant.

>achieve more than 90% of Jow Forums

Attached: 1538335064568.jpg (911x549, 111K)

Meh, I have a i5 2400 with the cheapest ram possible (8 GB) with a Rx550
I work with VM and cross compiling shit everyday, playing some old games every nigh.
There is no need to spend more unless you are a gamerfag.

>lasts me for years
Any computer can last for years as long you take good care of it. I upgrade to a whole new system every 5 years (minus monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers, I only buy when I want to upgrade them or when they stop working or start to have some type of problem)

Forgot to add, I still use the same surge protector that I bought when I was in high school so about 11 years ago.

nice try satan, that surge protector is no good anymore

Yeah, i prefer a nice screen with lets say a 1060 than a crappy screen and a 1080 for most games and shit, also
>Checked and satanized

god for you op. the best part about pc building is that everyone can build something for their own needs.

>I still achieve more than 90% of Jow Forums
That's either a very low bar, or you over-estimate the capabilities of the average Jow Forumsoy.

How can you open the GL with a 500 dollar machine plebs am i right Jow Forumsuys/. OMEGALUL.

Attached: 1536289287865.gif (300x225, 2.81M)